Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

Matthew Wolfenden and Charley Webb announced that they're expecting their second child in December. So that's Debbie disappearing for awhile on Maternity leave assuming she isn't one of the victims of this summer's big disaster. And presumably David will also be off on Paternity leave for awhile when the baby is born - again, assuming he isn't killed off this summer.

Did they not split up a couple of years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,777 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

YurOK2 wrote: »
    Did they not split up a couple of years ago?

Yes and then got back together, I think there was chatter of Matt getting close to someone from his Dancing On Ice series

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Fair play to Emmerdale for highlighting STI'S.

Its so unrealistic in soapland how nobody ever seems to catch anything but just end up pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes and then got back together, I think there was chatter of Matt getting close to someone from his Dancing On Ice series

Yeah I thought they broke up as well. Must have a look at their twitter pages again.

Thought tonight episode was quite good. Emmerdale is good lately. Normally I dont mind missing an episode here and there but lately tis quite gripping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Rakesh hasn't exactly thought this through has he? What's his plan for when a half Asian baby comes out of Vanessa?

I havent seen the show in a week, i have them recorded but read the thread anyway and that was the first thing that came into my mind.
    Rakesh isnt thick, hes a lawyer. His fiance has an asian baby with a white father. His future brother in law has and asian baby with a white mother.
    Maybe their doing a cross over with another itv show......
    Please tell my white baby daddy that our asian baby is his, only on the Jeremy Kyle show.

They kind of did it with corrie years ago lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

buswankers wrote: »
    Where? I didnt think she did, she was supposed to be Chrissy's bridesmaid but when her flight got cancelled/delayed Alicia had to step in. AFAIK Chrissys sis has yet to make an appearance? Could well stand corrected tho!

She was late and missed the ceremony but she made the reception. Remember Chrissy hugging a blonde lady. Will try to find confirmation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

.red. wrote: »
    I havent seen the show in a week, i have them recorded but read the thread anyway and that was the first thing that came into my mind.
    Rakesh isnt thick, hes a lawyer. His fiance has an asian baby with a white father. His future brother in law has and asian baby with a white mother.
    Maybe their doing a cross over with another itv show......
    Please tell my white baby daddy that our asian baby is his, only on the Jeremy Kyle show.

They kind of did it with corrie years ago lol.

The baby could easily have fair skin pigmentation regardless. Anyway Adam and Kirin have rather similar faces, tone wise.

Emmerdale-WK14.jpg

It is still a very silly story and a very irrational thing for Rakeesh to do as a character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

She was late and missed the ceremony but she made the reception. Remember Chrissy hugging a blonde lady. Will try to find confirmation.

I remember that scene but I thought that was just a friend who'd turned up late.If the sister was back for the wedding, you'd think she'd have stayed around at least for a day or 2.Although the aftermath of the wedding was about Katie's death so maybe she was there but kept a low profile.

I'd agree that what Rakesh did is out of character but it's 100% rule that soap characters always do irrational things when it comes to their family. If Ashley had been rational, he'd have stayed eating cake and sipping beer at Leo's birthday party.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Hmm, I thought the blonde lady was her sister but I must be wrong, maybe it was just a friend of hers. I thought it was the sister because Chrissy said something about her finally making it or making it after all or something. Can't find any confirmation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Oh no. Just watching. After Betty leaving I don't think poor Sandy would survive loosing Ashley. If only Vic ran over Lauren and Rachel with a steamroller.

• Advertisement

David, Alicia and Jakey leave tonight and it is for good apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Poor Ashley , will the have to operate on his head/brain? Will he end up with a new trendy haircut :D Good scenes though , poor Sandy he's a lovely character , must be a great age now also ?

Kirin , Vanessa , Adam , they're all annoying me , sorry. Will Kirin even sit his exams now? If he didn't , Rakesh's plan will have failed on that score anyway .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Poor Ashley , will the have to operate on his head/brain? Will he end up with a new trendy haircut :D Good scenes though , poor Sandy he's a lovely character , must be a great age now also ?

Kirin , Vanessa , Adam , they're all annoying me , sorry. Will Kirin even sit his exams now? If he didn't , Rakesh's plan will have failed on that score anyway .

Freddie Jones is 87

Freddie Jones is 87

Thanks for that ,great to see him still playing a great part at his age. Love his character, felt so sorry for him when Betty was leaving, he looked genuinely upset, even the scenes with him and Ashley years ago, re the abuse , were extremely believable , great actor .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Thanks for that ,great to see him still playing a great part at his age. Love his character, felt so sorry for him when Betty was leaving, he looked genuinely upset, even the scenes with him and Ashley years ago, re the abuse , were extremely believable , great actor .

Ashley dying, I dont know what else could be done for the poor man he'd have nothing or no one he looked so lonely trudging of when Betty was leaving and in the pub when it was blurted out his son had collapsed outside. I really hope he gets some good news soon. Hes so funny yet everythings falling apart on him :(. Even my gran who hates Emmerdale loved seeing Sandy zipping about on his scooter!

I think either Megan, Rachel or Leyla will kill Jai or all 3 will team up to do it, similar to Dirty Den's second death in Eastenders, Megan real killer but Leyla thinks she is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Is Jai definitely being killed off?

ShazGV wrote: »
    Is Jai definitely being killed off?

I don't know for sure just speculating as he has turned into a right a--hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

David, Alicia and Jakey leave tonight and it is for good apparently

Really? :(

Well done Vic .* Poor girl , knew she wouldn't let Adam take the blame for her , or let Laurel be blamed in the wrong .

when I say poor girl, I don't mean it was ok for her to knock Ashley down...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Has Adam not learned that it's wrong to cover things up and illegal to pervert the course of justice!? Having Victoria's car crushed could make her look more guilty. It's about time someone just owned up to what they did!!
    Freddie Jones is 87
    He was born in 1927, so he'll be 88 in 3 months! I love Sandy, he's marvellous. :)

I think either Megan, Rachel or Leyla will kill Jai or all 3 will team up to do it, similar to Dirty Den's second death in Eastenders, Megan real killer but Leyla thinks she is

Ah you beat me to it was thinking that early today but I think Megan will kill him but Rachel will think she did it and go on the run again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Has nobody copped that V

Emmerdale fans haven't seen the last of Alicia Metcalfe following her exit in Wednesday night's episode (June 3).

Natalie Anderson's popular character was seen waving goodbye to the village last night, as she departed for a new life in Portugal with her family.

Anderson has already announced her decision to leave Emmerdale after five years as Alicia, so some viewers were left wondering whether the bubbly barmaid had gone for good.

Digital Spy can confirm that the recent scenes were not Alicia's final farewell, with show bosses lining up much more drama for the Metcalfes before her permanent exit airs.

A show insider explained: "Natalie's departure will air much later in the year, but viewers will have to wait and see what twists and turns lie ahead for the Metcalfes and what brings them back to the village."

Alicia was joined by her husband David and adopted son Jacob as she left Emmerdale. Matthew Wolfenden, who plays David, has also confirmed that his character will be back.

He told ITV's This Morning yesterday: "It's goodbye for now, but there's a possibility that David will be back. He has his dad and daughter in the village - so yeah, I don't want to give too much away, but I will be back!"

Emmerdale fans haven't seen the last of Alicia Metcalfe following her exit in Wednesday night's episode (June 3).

Natalie Anderson's popular character was seen waving goodbye to the village last night, as she departed for a new life in Portugal with her family.

Anderson has already announced her decision to leave Emmerdale after five years as Alicia, so some viewers were left wondering whether the bubbly barmaid had gone for good.

Digital Spy can confirm that the recent scenes were not Alicia's final farewell, with show bosses lining up much more drama for the Metcalfes before her permanent exit airs.

A show insider explained: "Natalie's departure will air much later in the year, but viewers will have to wait and see what twists and turns lie ahead for the Metcalfes and what brings them back to the village."

Alicia was joined by her husband David and adopted son Jacob as she left Emmerdale. Matthew Wolfenden, who plays David, has also confirmed that his character will be back.

He told ITV's This Morning yesterday: "It's goodbye for now, but there's a possibility that David will be back. He has his dad and daughter in the village - so yeah, I don't want to give too much away, but I will be back!"

Well you more or less gave it all away there Matthew!!

she will go long term (reappearing for a few episodes to explain Davids arrival back), while he will be back fully.

Did he really have to give it away though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

I want to slap Adam. He is such a clown.

Powerful scene with Laurel speaking to Ashley at the end.

Shame on me as I did at lol at Laurel saying Ashley was dead, I think I need Ross to spank me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Ok so maybe I missed something, but David and Alicia handed your one Carly the keys of the shop and she hasn't even bought it off them??!

Gee_G wrote: »
    Ok so maybe I missed something, but David and Alicia handed your one Carly the keys of the shop and she hasn't even bought it off them??!

I don't think they were the shop keys. I think they asked her to give the key to Stacy Branning.

• Advertisement

Shame on me as I did at lol at Laurel saying Ashley was dead, I think I need Ross to spank me :p

You go girl :D

Laurel , seriously , poor Gabby , how can Laurel fix this ? Poor Harriet and Sandy , ah I'm feeling sorry for them all tonight :( And Finn !! Why oh why did you lie for your despicable mother !!

Val was funny though as Brenda , Bobs face :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement