Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

Eric won't believe Val is dead until he is shown her body. He'll think she's using the accident to fake her death and go into some sort of denial. Debbie in the hospital bed was totally ridiculous though. Makeup still perfect and hair still in that plait. Surely after a building collapse and abdominal surgery you'd look even a teeny bit crap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Speaking of telling people, Ali doesn't know yet. I presume she will leave, I read something about Kate Oates saying the Spencer family had come to an end ( I forget exact words).
    I'd like Amelia to stay, I think she plays brilliantly opposite Kerry and Dan.

I thought it was good to see Belle in a different light too. Superb young actress, her own storylines have been so depressing, mostly.
    It was good to see her acting more like her years, dancing at the wedding, but yet stepping up when the younger ones needed reassurance and distraction, in the midst of tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

horsefarm wrote: »
    Eric won't believe Val is dead until he is shown her body. He'll think she's using the accident to fake her death and go into some sort of denial. Debbie in the hospital bed was totally ridiculous though. Makeup still perfect and hair still in that plait. Surely after a building collapse and abdominal surgery you'd look even a teeny bit crap?

I actually thought that she would have stayed in a coma and they would use that to cover her for maternity leave.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That would have been a good idea!
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I did expect more serious injuries from the crash
    I think the famous Emmerdale plane crash killed 4 main characters and left one (Chris) permanently paralysed- so I was expecting more carnage from this.

What's the point of crashing a helicopter into the village and killing off one of the major characters on the same day in a different scenario?! :pac:

It is reminding me of Corrie's tram crash at the moment. How they promised a certain number of characters would die, and then counted the tram driver as one of the victims!

I think the baby isn't due until much later this year, November or thereabouts.

I agree, she looked far too perfect, having being carried out, of a burning building, at death's door!

What a wedding day, eh! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

God, I hate Pete! Awful actor! :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'd rather he had died over Ross. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I thought Pete was rather good last night.When he "killed" Ross you could see a switch.He seemed to go darker somehow.

dubstarr wrote: »
    I thought Pete was rather good last night.When he "killed" Ross you could see a switch.He seemed to go darker somehow.

True.
    I think that after that start to their marriage (less than ideal :D), things will go very badly between them, due to Pete's guilt, leading to Debbie leaving, at least for a time, in order for Charley Webb to take her maternity leave.

Reliving the spectacular scenes of this weeks Emmerdale

• Advertisement

Im loving Emmerdale but i think they need to up the ante a bit about who pops their clogs next.It has to be someone earth shattering i think anyway.

Otherwise it will be a bit of an anti climax.

Watched the clip of Charlie Hardwick / Val talking about her departure, and remembered why I used to like her. She and Eric used to be very funny, and the relationship between her and Diane, over the years, was great. So many ups and downs, but blood was always thicker than water, with them.

I had started to find her to be a bit of a pain, in more recent times, tbh. But she certainly went out in true Val style, and I'm glad that she did the unselfish thing at the end, and told 'Fireman Sam' to rescue Diane first. RIP Val.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,933 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Chris Chittell/Eric Pollard was on Gmtv this morning , they were talking about how long he is in the show and showed a montage of some of the scenes with Eric and Val . He got very emotional watching it , must be hard to lose the person you've been acting opposite for so many years .

As LynnGrace said, I got fed up of Val lately also , but she did go out in style , as only she could telling the glass Do Your Worst :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Is there going to be any more deaths tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,933 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Do you think we'll get another dead tomorrow night?

AW crap I owe MAM OF 4 a takeaway (Hopefully she forgot)

We'll go double or quits on the next tragedy , deal ??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Debbie look like she was constipated in that hospital scene with Pete. She can't do real emotion at all, except being angry with her mother. It was really nice that after the operation, they gave her a full makeover even mascara. The NHS really puts our HSE in the shade!

Could David or someone not text Rodney or Doug? "Where are you, get home quickly there's been an accident" without telling them the full story? Would you not do that if your calls were being ignored, even before Val died?

Hers was a brilliant exit, real Val. She was a selfish cow at times but she and Eric were a great team and he will be really devastated.

When Cain finally goes back to the quarry,he will think that Ross got out and has either scarpered or drowned.

I doubt that there's CCTV at that part of the hospital grounds so Pete will be safe enough from that point of view. Whose car did he use to take the body away? Ross's? Pete was with Debbie in Rhona's car so presume he got Ross's keys and used his car.

The fallout from Ross's disappearance will affect a lot of people and they may keep us waiting a long time til the body's discovered.

Not sure what the Whytes can do now. It will be clear that the car fire was deliberate so they may try to pin in on one of Robert's many enemies. Adam is the only one who knows they were at the yard that day so, yeah, he will be in danger. Especially after his scene with Vanessa last night.

Noah has obviously emigrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Man I'm still not over what happened to Ross, I can't believe he's gone. Cain with Kyle was super adorable too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Radio5 wrote: »
    Could David or someone not text Rodney or Doug? "Where are you, get home quickly there's been an accident" without telling them the full story? Would you not do that if your calls were being ignored, even before Val died?

You'd be reluctant to text even that there's an accident to be fair - Rodney, Doug and Eric are hardly spring chickens and Eric has a dodgy ticker. I know if I got a text saying 'get home quick there's been an accident' I'd assume the worst straight away and all three of them would immediately start panicking that all of their loved ones had been killed. Getting a phone call at least is somewhat more calming, even when it is the worst news possible.

I got a text a few years ago saying my Grandad had died and even though I didn't have a relationship or even like him that much as a person, it was the worst and most unkind way to get such news. No one even tried to call me - the excuse being the family member who told me had no credit to make a call, but had free texts... :rolleyes:

I find it weird that Val and Diane where locked in a maze while the 3 stooges just buggered off.Not even telling David to let them out after a while.That doesnt make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope Debbie remembers Ross came to visit her in the hospital

Debbie has been with a lot of murderers, Andy, Robert, Cameron, Jasmine and now Pete :p

Isn't a Dingle to die too, thinking it could be Moira or Chas

For a moment I thought Pete was going to do something to Belle and Sarah when they interrupted him in the house changing his clothes

I was thinking that too about Debbie remembering Ross was in the room. They'll try convince her that it was the aftermath of the operation that had her drowsy.

What a fantastic evening last night. So well done. I felt you could really feel how some of the characters were feeling. For eg, when the rescue crew were in the process of bringing Val out, we were sitting waiting and hoping she would be alive. The way they only showed the bottom half of the stretcher first gave a sense of hope to us as well as Diane. But when they came out fully with her and you could see the body covered over, it was like a stab in the heart for the viewer as well as the loved ones at the scene.

I agree also about a dark side coming over Pete once he killed Ross. In fact, there was some serious darkness around each of his scenes. When he was in the woods about to dispose of Ross body and was on the phone to Cain, did anyone else for a second think that Ross was (somehow) going to be standing behind him? Maybe I've seen too many horrors!

Also, when Pete was changing his clothes back at the house and April said hello, it was a very creepy type hello that kind of made me jump as I had forgotten she was there. As JPLiz said, was thinking in that scene that Pete was maybe going to harm Belle and the kids as he has such a dark look in his eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Corrie take note.. Emmerdale is how a soap should be written.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

bodhi085 wrote: »
    Corrie take note.. Emmerdale is how a soap should be written.

Hear, Hear!

I hope it's reflected in all the soap awards this year. Emmerdale deserves to win the majority of awards.

Never text anyone about a tragedy do it face to face or a phone call

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

kitten_k wrote: »
    Is there going to be any more deaths tonight?

Maybe the shock will kill Eric!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Eric was interviewed on Good Morning Britain and got emotional when talking about Val's exit.

I'm watching the repeat. I can be more relaxed about it today. :D

For the life of me I still think Emmerdale will have 1 more shock death with Eric dying he surely cannot love without his beloved Val

ratmouse wrote: »
    I agree also about a dark side coming over Pete once he killed Ross. In fact, there was some serious darkness around each of his scenes. When he was in the woods about to dispose of Ross body and was on the phone to Cain, did anyone else for a second think that Ross was (somehow) going to be standing behind him? Maybe I've seen too many horrors!

Also, when Pete was changing his clothes back at the house and April said hello, it was a very creepy type hello that kind of made me jump as I had forgotten she was there. As JPLiz said, was thinking in that scene that Pete was maybe going to harm Belle and the kids as he has such a dark look in his eyes.

I didn't think of him appearing behind Pete, but reading that reminded me of when Debbie and Chas were swimming around under The Woolie, during Cameron's final scenes, and at one point, just when it seemed as if he might be gone, he reappeared behind Debbie. It was brilliant!

Yes, that was well done too, I thought, April and Belle talking to Pete. It was good to see Belle step up, to help with the kids, and keep them calm, and trying to reassure Pete that everything would be alright.

I thought Sarah was really good too, (on Wed evening, I think) in the scene where they were all sitting on the couch, her little face - she was so worried about Debbie.

55 minutes left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I had avoided spoilers. Hoped Val would just about get out of it. I laughed when I saw her lighting the fag and knew she was a goner.

I'm HIVal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement