Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Amoureux

Loved tonights episode, it really broke my heart to watch Val and Eric's final scene, it was just so beautiful, the perfect goodbye even though she was already gone. Plus it was really nice that those two actors got to have that goodbye with each other after years of working so closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,933 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

tazwaz wrote: »
    Really loving ennerdale at the mo...but is ross really dead???

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but yes , another poster posted a link last night where he tweeted that he's gone for good and an interview thing link also.

Poor Eric & Val :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I laughed at Val warning Eric off Brenda as she would haunt him :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Must be only me that though the Eric and val scene was ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,933 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why the hell is Ross getting all the blame, he didn't force himself on Debbie and ffs James went after his brother's wife too :mad: Emma is the only one worried for poor Ross, I hope now Emma goes proper nutty on Debbie

Diane should have been mad at Doug, Eric and Rodney for locking her and Val in the maze and how did Alicia get back so fast from Portugal yet locals Bernice and Robert haven't come to see and check on Diane yet

I am disappointed no other deaths

If Emma goes mad on Debbie , that could maybe lead up to Debbie leaving the village to get away from her , and to go on maternity leave maybe in real life ??

When is Charity back? She would go after Emma then for hounding Debbie , that would be good , the two of them facing off against each other :D

I loved tonights episode to be honest , but thought more people were to die ? Unless it happens over next few weeks maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Thought it was the strangest episode , shame after such a good week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I am going to go against he grain here. Not a fan of ghosts in soaps. Ailsa, Vera, Jack Sugden, Bobby Fisher, Trisha. Etc. Some of the scenes are lovely, the dialogue can be mystical and deep but it is still incredulous. Out of all of those mentioned the one I only really believe came across well was Alfs brain tumour. I just think tnight, while witty and nice to see Eric and Val (and Charlie and Chris) get a nice conclusion one to one, it stretched beyond what a soap should delve into. Fair enough the idea was it was Erics imagination and grief/shock spiralling out of control but the details in the conversation just lent itself to the concept that this was an actual ghost and not just a hallucination!

And for me personally, ghosts dont exist! (But I respect others that don't share that sentiment)

As I said lovely scenes and dialogue but not into the ghost thing in soaps. Will be good to see Eric Pollard out on his own again though. He has lost his old badness for years and I used to love that about him in the 1990s. This may see him go off the rails somehow.

Also disappointed there wasn't maybe one more death at least. Ruby was a gonner, we kne that. And val was leaving regardless so the only shock (albeit it was a shock) was Ross. I have every trust in Emmerdale, however, that they will keep it consistently good, the show and unlike Corrie isn't relying on big weeks like these to try save the show.

Also if ghosts are possible is there any chance Moira is actually dead and her appearance is a wailing bansheee "Caiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne................nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww caineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

FFS. HE KILLED THE FATHER OF YOUR CHILDREN mOIRA. i AM SURE YOU WILL GET OVER HIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

And for me personally, ghosts dont exist! (But I respect others that don't share that sentiment)

I've encountered a few ghosts and spirits myself over the years, which is the only reason I believe they exist (and if some people think that makes me bonkers, fair enough), but as a form of narrative I usually wouldn't be a fan of ghosts being used in soaps. In this instance my perception of the scenes was that it was Eric projecting his emotions as he came to terms Val was really gone into this apparition that he saw, rather than a ghostly encounter.

And the scenes were so well written and well acted that I thought they were just brilliantly done.

Usually I wouldn't link to a Metro article, but on this occasion the nail has hit the head on 20 reasons this week was brilliant...

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/07/20-reasons-emmerdales-disaster-was-the-best-week-of-television-drama-ever-5332099/

• Advertisement

Usually I wouldn't link to a Metro article, but on this occasion the nail has hit the head on 20 reasons this week was brilliant...

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/07/20-reasons-emmerdales-disaster-was-the-best-week-of-television-drama-ever-5332099/

Digital Spy also said that Ememrdale is the #1 soap about freaking time if Emmerdale does not win best soap WE RIOT!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I had read that article, and thought the same, it hit the nail on the head.
    Fantastic week, first time, in a long time, that I was determined not to miss one episode.

Digital Spy also said that Ememrdale is the #1 soap about freaking time if Emmerdale does not win best soap WE RIOT!!!!!

We need to vote for them, any chance we get. This week was just brilliant!

I disagree only on Coira (still not a fan of Cain and Moira) and Chrissie (Louise's acting is bad)

They was a lot of hype of a massive cast clearout so several deaths was expected which in the end was only 3 and 1 wasn't from the crash

I've encountered a few ghosts and spirits myself over the years, which is the only reason I believe they exist (and if some people think that makes me bonkers, fair enough), but as a form of narrative I usually wouldn't be a fan of ghosts being used in soaps. In this instance my perception of the scenes was that it was Eric projecting his emotions as he came to terms Val was really gone into this apparition that he saw, rather than a ghostly encounter.

And the scenes were so well written and well acted that I thought they were just brilliantly done.

That's a really good way of describing it. I wasn't sure what I thought of it, at first, as a device. I thought Eric was brilliant, and Val was so Val :D , that I enjoyed it, even while thinking 'but she is dead' :p

I guess it followed on well from Eric's initial belief that Val was alive, and going ahead with the plan to fake her death. It was also a good twist that we did not expect, since we saw her body carried out - which Eric did not.

All in all, a brilliant week on Emmerdale, and great credit due to all concerned.

I disagree only on Coira (still not a fan of Cain and Moira) and Chrissie (Louise's acting is bad)

They was a lot of hype of a massive cast clearout so several deaths was expected which in the end was only 3 and 1 wasn't from the crash

From now on, we must refer to Cain and Moira as 'Coira' :D.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was disappointed this week. The big hype of the helicopter crash and only 2 characters die in it. And I knew Val was leaving so it wasn't a massive shock, like!

I thought the crash and whole week's events were done very well, but overall I'm left just a bit underwhelmed.

I hope next we get a ghostly vision of Ross preferably nude out of the shower :p

Posy wrote: »
    I was disappointed this week. The big hype of the helicopter crash and only 2 characters die in it. And I knew Val was leaving so it wasn't a massive shock, like!

I thought the crash and whole week's events were done very well, but overall I'm left just a bit underwhelmed.

Also I think everyone had sussed Ruby was going to be a goner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Part of me (don't know which part) doesn't totally believe that Val is dead. Last night didn't even convince me 100%. It might be nothing but I thought there was something with the cigarette packet. The camera didn't go back on it (did it?) just before David walked in. Was there 1 left in it? I'm curious to see how they do identifying the body. Was she decapitated? Will Eric be asked to identify her by her belongings? But yes who was on the stretcher?

I know CH did her exit thing (didn't watch it) and I may have watched too much Columbo but that cigarette packet "bothers" me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Must be only me that though the Eric and val scene was ridiculous.

no I did as well, didnt like that part at all. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

Just catching up now. As a leaving scene, they should have left it with Val in the mirrors place. I thought that ending was great, now this scene with Eric has ruined it.
    Not enough people died this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

fin12 wrote: »
    no I did as well, didnt like that part at all. :):)
    horsefarm wrote: »
    Just catching up now. As a leaving scene, they should have left it with Val in the mirrors place. I thought that ending was great, now this scene with Eric has ruined it.
    Not enough people died this week!

I couldn't agree more. I wonder will they bring back Ross as a Walking Dead :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Part of me (don't know which part) doesn't totally believe that Val is dead. Last night didn't even convince me 100%. It might be nothing but I thought there was something with the cigarette packet. The camera didn't go back on it (did it?) just before David walked in. Was there 1 left in it? I'm curious to see how they do identifying the body. Was she decapitated? Will Eric be asked to identify her by her belongings? But yes who was on the stretcher?

I know CH did her exit thing (didn't watch it) and I may have watched too much Columbo but that cigarette packet "bothers" me.

Did David not say he'd seen Val's body?

I think one of the interesting things in how this will play out is that only 1 person knows Ross is dead while Cain suspects that he may be. How each of them deal with this knowledge is going to be focused on I think, in the weeks to come. There were plenty of witnesses to the fight in the hospital corridor and the fact that both of them were removed by security, so it may come out pretty soon that Ross was there and he fought with Pete.

They may well time Charity's release to coincide with Debbie being away and I'd imagine that Emma and herself will be at war from day one.

Is Bernice on hols, strange that she wasn't with her mother otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

The only person appearing in a shower is Ross,cause we dont know for definate he is dead.Val if she came back from teh dead it would finish Emmerdale cause it would be stupid.

It's been one of Emmerdale's biggest storylines in years, but long-serving star Chris Chittell has admitted that he had some doubts when he first heard about plans for the helicopter crash.

The Eric Pollard actor was interviewed on ITV's Good Morning Britain today and spoke candidly about his initial thoughts on the plot, which has caused death and destruction in explosive episodes airing all week.

Asked how he reacts whenever he hears about plans for a dramatic stunt week, Chittell laughed: "What a load of old...!"

Explaining his scepticism, he continued: "You think, 'Well, why do we need it? Because the show sits very well in its own right'. It's a great, great show and to go to all this expense for just one week?"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a662283/emmerdales-chris-chittell-i-wondered-why-we-needed-the-helicopter-crash

I hope next we get a ghostly vision of Ross preferably nude out of the shower :p

13134460573_a0bf094105_o.gif

I dont fancy Ross at all but Pete has such angeleyes

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kjbsrah1

13134460573_a0bf094105_o.gif

I dont fancy Ross at all but Pete has such angeleyes

Yeah if only he kept his mouth closed and stayed still (his acting is crap), but yes his eyes are real sexy. Its everything else that lets him down :D

did someone remove my gif of a shirtless Ross? why?

• Advertisement

did someone remove my gif of a shirtless Ross? why?

For equality reasons... If the lads can't have a gif of shirtless Alicia, the ladies can't have gifs of shirtless Ross... Fair is fair...

*I'm only messin' obviously, I have no idea why it's gone and it doesn't bother me anyway, so more power to ye...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement