Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Was away last week. Came home to a recorded feast of Emmerdale. I loved it!! Thought I'd watch one or two episodes but couldn't turn it off and now its 1am!! Loved Ruby exit with Kerry and Dan beside her, the shock they killed Ross off, Vals dramatic end (the irony that the vainest woman in the village gets killed by a mirror!!) and I did like the scene with Val and Pollard at the end. I liked Val then for the first time in months!! Pete's turned nasty sexy, Cain and Kyle was a great scene, amazing acting all round. Even Chrissie didn't annoy me!! But the most incredulous thing wasn't where were half the villagers (Paddy, Bernice, Noah, etc.) but that despite the whole thing - no one lost a shoe!!! I chuckled when Debbie was lifted out stilettoes still in place! But brilliant viewing. I recorded corrie too - its going to look even more crap than usual when I catch up!

It was fab!! And tonight I started to really like Finn and also Belle. And Ruby definitely did a great swan song - it was done beautifully! I smiled through the tears at the winky wonky donkey line.

(ok, need sleep now!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

I was away too and caught up on it last night. Very underwhelmed by the whole week. Maybe some of the drama was lost as i watched them back to back but i expected it to be a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

did someone remove my gif of a shirtless Ross? why?

Please post it again ;)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Please post it again ;)

PM sent, dont wanna re post in case I get banned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

For equality reasons... If the lads can't have a gif of shirtless Alicia, the ladies can't have gifs of shirtless Ross... Fair is fair...

*I'm only messin' obviously, I have no idea why it's gone and it doesn't bother me anyway, so more power to ye...

I'm all for posting shirtless Alisha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

PM sent, dont wanna re post in case I get banned

Why do you need to post it at all? !

No more follow up on Ross or little Kyle and Cain :mad: and now most of the village is back from their holidays last week

Rachel and Chrissie crying was awful but good on Chrissie admitting her guilt now Robert cant blackmail her

Wow that was quick Chrissie confessing any other soap & it would come out at Christmas

Emma later has even more questions for Debbie and also questions Cain at The Woolpack. He admits that he warned Ross off and gave him a fake passport. A despairing Emma warns that if any harm has come to her son, she knows who is to blame.

In the aftermath, Debbie tells Pete about Cain's drastic revenge against Ross. Pete agrees with Debbie that it looks bad for Cain, but he secretly panics when it seems that Emma might call the police.

Moira is shocked to hear that Ross was left at the edge of a quarry. When the police arrive at Butlers Farm, Cain struggles to keep his cool as they question him. Emma later tells Cain that she called them and won't rest until she can prove he was behind her son's disappearance.

Pete is terrified when he finds out that Emma has called the police, but things appear even worse for him when the police find a body and think it may be Ross

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Wow that was quick Chrissie confessing any other soap & it would come out at Christmas

I don't think Chrissie'd be able to carry the guilt for long. She's not as cold blooded as Robert, Cam-ron or Carl were about such things.

Thought Brenda was way off whining on about money to Bob last night. One of your staff has just died woman! Remember when your daughter died? After all, Ruby worked long hours without complaint and never ripped off the cafe, can Brenda not just shut up about money for one second? :mad:

Wonder if Paul, Sharon and Amy will return for Val's funeral?

• Advertisement

Matthew Bose is heading back to Emmerdale to say goodbye to Val Pollard.

Bose memorably played Val's son Paul Lambert, and will return to the village for the Pollard and Lambert family matriarch's funeral.

"I'm like a sad & unhappy Cinderella. I shall go to the funeral. How will I cope...?! @emmerdale #ValNEric #me #Paul," Bose tweeted.

This will be the second return for Bose on Emmerdale this year, and this time it is directly tied to the deadly helicopter crash that rocked the soap.

Matthew Bose is heading back to Emmerdale to say goodbye to Val Pollard.

get him back full time he is brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Agree re Brenda, give it a rest, woman, was all I could think.

I actually thought the feeling of grief and sadness after the fictional deaths of Ruby and Val, was far more real, and well portrayed, than the grief in Corrie, at the news of Deirdre's death, which was of course, the untimely death of Anne Kirkbride, in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Can someone tell me what happened to ross in the end, i missed that episode,last i saw he was being bundled into the boot of a car, i had it recorded but it clashed with something else

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what happened to ross in the end, i missed that episode,last i saw he was being bundled into the boot of a car, i had it recorded but it clashed with something else

Ross & Pete were fighting outside the hospital and Pete pushed Ross and he feel and hit his head much

it really was a shock made me jump out of my seat

shamrock55 wrote: »

Pete took Ross's body to the woods and covered him with some leaves and it hasn't been found yet or Pete hasn't returned to bury him in deep grave so while both Emmerdale and the actor who plays Ross have confirmed he is dead and gone, no body has been found so far so I still have hope he isn't really dead

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Radio5 wrote: »

Thought Brenda was way off whining on about money to Bob last night. One of your staff has just died woman! Remember when your daughter died? After all, Ruby worked long hours without complaint and never ripped off the cafe, can Brenda not just shut up about money for one second? :mad:

I dislike Brenda at the best of times and was really hoping she'd be one of the dead. All she ever does is moan about money, Gennie or her cancer. Carly was right she's turned Bob into a blithering boring idiot who was so much better with Viv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

I missed the first half or so tonight. Why has everybody turned so suddenly against Bob? I know he was implicated in the scam etc., but did they not know that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

maurv1 wrote: »
    I missed the first half or so tonight. Why has everybody turned so suddenly against Bob? I know he was implicated in the scam etc., but did they not know that?

ya I watched the whole thing and I dont get it either, he was interviewed by a reporter the last day and I'm guessing she twisted his words I think and wrote some article about it.

• Advertisement

Rachel's constantly crying for Ruby is doing my head in, were they really that close :mad:

Anyone expecting Eric to ask Chrissie and her dad for compensation when he called to their house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I am going to go against the grain!

He is a selfish thug who beats up people to rob cars to make money as he is too lazy to earn a decent honest living!!

He also has affairs.........with his brother's fiance and his son's sister.............

He cares more about his hair than anyone else!!

There................. what you make of that !!!!

haha! Just winding you all up! Because of my hetrosexuality I don't see the side of Ross many of ye do!!

Ross has a caring heart, this is shown especially with Donna, Finn, Debbie and little April

Yes he is a criminal but same can be said for the likes of Cain, Robert, Aaron etc.,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I am going to go against the grain!

He is a selfish thug who beats up people to rob cars to make money as he is too lazy to earn a decent honest living!!

He also has affairs.........with his brother's fiance and his son's sister.............

He cares more about his hair than anyone else!!

There................. what you make of that !!!!

haha! Just winding you all up! Because of my hetrosexuality I don't see the side of Ross many of ye do!!

Your not going against the grain. Im sure there are plenty others that were glad to see the back of Ross, me included. He was a nasty piece of work but I wish Pete had not been involved in his death. I just think if he wasn't that good looking nobody would give a s**t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Missed last night, have to catch up.
    Something that is annoying me is that Doug, Eric and Rodney don't seem to feel at all bad about locking the women in, then leaving them there, and going drinking for the day.
    I know they couldn't have imagined, or foreseen, the events that led, ultimately, to Val's death, but it was because of their actions that the women were trapped there, in the first place.

Diane was to attend the wedding, and Val was to attend in the evening, I think, so arguably, they could have been caught up, in the tragedy anyway. It is annoying though, that the men haven't, for a minute, considered that they may have played a part, in Val's death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Rachel's constantly crying for Ruby is doing my head in, were they really that close :mad:

Anyone expecting Eric to ask Chrissie and her dad for compensation when he called to their house

In fairness Ruby was her sister's partner and obviously a big part of all their lives, even before they came to the village. It's natural that Rachel will be upset because she knows how the loss will devastate Ali. Not to mention, as Sandy pointed out, and no matter what you might think of her and she can be bloody awful, Ruby hasn't exactly had an easy time recently.

Never occurred to me re compensation thing. Eric in the past might have been looking for money but not now. He did as I expected and spoke with great clarity and dignity. That scene was well done by all of them. I was wondering when someone would remember Robert had been living at B & B so fair play to them for mentioning it.

I'm not sorry that Ross is gone. He was great with Donna and April but really unlikeable after that. It was all a case of Ross getting what he wanted from everyone or else he turned into the Incredible Sulk.The wedding music was a prime example of this.

Debbie and himself had zero chemistry to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

done...

when asked why i wrote "cos hes a bird":D
    piperh wrote: »
    I dislike Brenda at the best of times and was really hoping she'd be one of the dead. All she ever does is moan about money, Gennie or her cancer. Carly was right she's turned Bob into a blithering boring idiot who was so much better with Viv.

Thank you - feel like a bitch thinking it thank god its not only me

Ross is not dead no body will be found & will return Christmas while everyone is tucking into Turkey

Mam of 4 calling it now double or quits

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ross is not dead no body will be found & will return Christmas while everyone is tucking into Turkey

Mam of 4 calling it now double or quits

That's not an advisable bet to make since
    a body is found next week after Emma and James put out a missing persons on Ross

• Advertisement

That's not an advisable bet to make since
    a body is found next week after Emma and James put out a missing persons on Ross

It might not be Ross's body found

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement