Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭buswankers

kitten_k wrote: »
    I got 18/20.

Me too :cool:

So despite all the murders, disasters, and unfortunate deaths in Emmerdale, property prices have only dropped from a fairly astronomical price to still being overpriced despite the latest installment to hit the area :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Alice1

Think Dan's reaction is disproportionate - initially he despised Ruby and blamed her for the break up of his marriage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Did Frank Spencer fit Jimmy's taps?

Did Frank Spencer fit Jimmy's taps?

Father Ted's plumber I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Nico has a great job in Dubai, is she not sending money back to Jimmy and Angel

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Nicola Stephenson is joining the show playing a new character that's going to be involved in a storyline with Paddy.

Still remember her from her Holby City days although she is most recognised as being one half of the first lesbian kiss on UK TV in Brookside with Anna Friel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I hope that Rakesh doesn't succeed in buying Jimmy's house. He and Kirin sickened me in last night's episode.

I'm not convinced at all by Emma's grief / anger, over Ross, it just isn't ringing true, in my opinion.

Alice1 wrote: »
    Think Dan's reaction is disproportionate - initially he despised Ruby and blamed her for the break up of his marriage.

He forgave her months ago but was a small storyline about it

Emmerdale's disaster was great but the aftermath is lacking

Cain & Kylie?
    Where is Ali?
    Where is Ruby Family?
    Diane & Eric grief?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I hope that Rakesh doesn't succeed in buying Jimmy's house. He and Kirin sickened me in last night's episode.

I'm not convinced at all by Emma's grief / anger, over Ross, it just isn't ringing true, in my opinion.

I know she wasn't in any of her sons lives for years and now she is hysterical and last night as well when she was like saying about Moses that he was crying for his dad, such a load of crap, Ross didn't give a damn about that kid when he was around. I hate as well the way she's going around saying how this is not like her son as if she knows him or something.

• Advertisement

He forgave her months ago but was a small storyline about it

Emmerdale's disaster was great but the aftermath is lacking

Cain & Kylie?
    Where is Ali?
    Where is Ruby Family?
    Diane & Eric grief?

This is why weddings and funerals in soaps drive me nuts. It was there in Deirdre Barlow's and I think it is here we go again with Ruby but worse. Ruby is from Liverpool right? So yes where are her family to reclaim her body and I'd think bring it back to Liverpool to bury her with her family. How difficult would it be to bring in John McArdle for a couple of episodes (is he that busy), bit of drama with Dan, "Don't blame yourself Dan blah blah blah..."

So she'll get buried in Emmerdale (?) with the usuals there with a few 75 quid a day extras to make up the numbers. No siblings, no friends?

Jaysus I'm going to blow a gasket!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

fin12 wrote: »
    I know she wasn't in any of her sons lives for years and now she is hysterical and last night as well when she was like saying about Moses that he was crying for his dad, such a load of crap, Ross didn't give a damn about that kid when he was around. I hate as well the way she's going around saying how this is not like her son as if she knows him or something.

Exactly. I don't know if it is that her acting is so poor, but it just seems really fake carry on, and that line about why the baby was crying, 'he wants his dad'! Rubbish.
    I thought she had potential, to be a good character, when she first arrived, with this really sweet exterior, concealing her deviousness, but it's as if it hasn't been decided yet, by the writers / producers, what sort of a character they want her to be.

Yes, I agree about her saying, it's not like him, then both James and Finn pointed out that it is what he has done in the past...which, of course, she didn't know. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

fin12 wrote: »

I think Emma has an awful lot of guilt for not being there for her sons and this is part of it. She feels she let them down and now she's going to make it up by doing the right thing and trying to find him. Of course she doesn't really know what Ross was like in the way James and the others do but he is still her son. The evidence they have about the car, the phones, his bank account points to something bad having happened to him, not to him just going away of his own accord as he had done before. And since has Emma been the type to listen to anyone else anyway?

Plus, now that Cain is in the frame she's going to follow it up cos she hates Debbie and all the better that Debbie will be affected when the police come calling to her and Cain.

I'd imagine Eric and Diane will be seen again for Val's funeral. As Paul is supposed to be coming back, no doubt it will be a big event filled with grief and nostalgia in the next week or 2.

I hope Jimmy holds on to the house by some means. Rakesh and Kirin were seriously out of order. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

I think ashley is turning into Ken Dodd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Watching last night and Dan and kerry were talking about what to do if someone has a fit. I thought Kerry had epilepsy? Surely they would both know exactly what to do in case she had one?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Emmerdale is dealing with the aftermath quite badly.Its not engaging and where is Ali.Im just not enjoying it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Emmerdale, for me, has always been the weakest soap, but I still watch as my other half likes it and it's always on when we're having dinner.

I'm getting sick to death of Dan and his moaning now; how many times is Kerry going to tell him it wasn't his fault?
    Can't take it.

I wish someone would give Bernice something new to wear, change her lipstick and her hair colour, and while they're at it, chop Ashley's grungey hair off.

I want more scenes of Emma Vs. Cain and really wish James and Moira were killed off

I think Emmerdale is actually quite good but if someones wife dies you would expect them to be there not her ex husband.Alright he feels guilty but it doesnt mean Ali shouldnt be there especially as she left Dan for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Kate Oates (Emmerdale Producer) gave an interview to Digital Spy just after the crash and said that Ali will be seen again so id say she will be back on screen soon

• Advertisement

Kate Oates (Emmerdale Producer) gave an interview to Digital Spy just after the crash and said that Ali will be seen again so id say she will be back on screen soon

Ye i just expected her a bit quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭kitten_k

fima wrote: »
    Watching last night and Dan and kerry were talking about what to do if someone has a fit. I thought Kerry had epilepsy? Surely they would both know exactly what to do in case she had one?

Is it not diabetes that Kerry has? Not that it's mentioned anymore.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Emmerdale, for me, has always been the weakest soap, but I still watch as my other half likes it and it's always on when we're having dinner.

I'm getting sick to death of Dan and his moaning now; how many times is Kerry going to tell him it wasn't his fault?
    Can't take it.

I wish someone would give Bernice something new to wear, change her lipstick and her hair colour, and while they're at it, chop Ashley's grungey hair off.

Ya I find Dan really annoying.

I'm really not looking forward to when James finds out the truth about what happened to Ross, he will be in an awful position, its going to be heartbreaking.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

kitten_k wrote: »
    Is it not diabetes that Kerry has? Not that it's mentioned anymore.
    Like any soap illness!

-Diagnosis
    -Character is devastated
    -Character ends up in hospital with some sort of relapse
    -Character comes to term with illness
    -Illness is forgotten about forever and never mentioned again

I think Megan is still pregnant, Lied about having a miscarriage, I think she tell's Rachel

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

In the last episode they showed
    her looking at a scan picture and smiling so I don't think it's supposed to be a shock to the viewers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Since when did Sam drive a flash Jeep......

I think he has the use of the Home Farm one.

• Advertisement

How the hell can Rachel ban anyone from Ruby's funeral :mad: and who is minding Archie now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement