Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Glad Ross is alive for Pete's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I told you all he was alive.He just came back a bit quicker than i thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭buswankers

I knew they'd never kill Ross off, they just couldn't! I like how they got him to play along though, we still saw through it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

He's alive!!

Contender for best day of my life. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

It's probably not fair to call it the weakest soap if it's the only one you watch.
    I never called it the weakest soap. I just said it was gone boring since before the crash!
    The storylines are ridiculous. Some of the acting is as bad as i can remember in any of the other soaps when i used to watch them.

I did like the twist at the end of tonights episode tho(dunno how to do spoilers). My wife guessed it a while back and i laughed at her!

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ross will eventually wake up from the coma , have amnesia , fall in love with the nurse and live happily ever after with no recollection of Emmerdale Debbie ,Pete or anyone :D

Poor Bob , and Brenda was funny , drug smuggler too funny to contemplate !!

Loved the scenes with Sam , Zak and Lisa, poor Sam not wanting to blame Rachel , really well acted I thought anyway.

Most importantly he'll be ok because he'll get Sinead from Corries physio to treat any injuries he has :) And we all know how effective that physio is. Water into wine and curing lepers id say

• Registered Users Posts: 56,283 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ross will eventually wake up from the coma , have amnesia , fall in love with the nurse and live happily ever after with no recollection of Emmerdale Debbie ,Pete or

If only. That love triangle was painful.

Btw, why did Pete admit to beating him to death? Did he not know that the fall and head bang killed him?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

walshb wrote: »

Btw, why did Pete admit to beating him to death? Did he not know that the fall and head bang killed him?

I assumed he was trying to claw back some manly pride or something by saying he'd battered him to death and not that he'd fallen and smacked his head off of concrete :rolleyes:

walshb wrote: »

ya I know he didn't beat him to death, he only hit him a few times and it was Ross falling back and hitting his head, its not like like he stood over him belting him over and over again. the same thing basically happened to Belle, she pushed Gemma and she banged her head of a rock.

I assumed he was trying to claw back some manly pride or something by saying he'd battered him to death and not that he'd fallen and smacked his head off of concrete :rolleyes:

And he did punch the head off him when he fell unconscious too

• Advertisement

And he did punch the head off him when he fell unconscious too

ya because he didn't realize he was unconscious, he tackled him to the ground and punched him about 3 times before he stood up and started calling his name then waiting for him to get up.

fin12 wrote: »
    ya because he didn't realize he was unconscious, he tackled him to the ground and punched him about 3 times before he stood up and started calling his name then waiting for him to get up.

Did the fact that Ross fell backwards onto a kerb not give him a clue he might be in trouble?

Did the fact that Ross fell backwards onto a kerb not give him a clue he might be in trouble?

well obviously not. He probably didnt even realize he hit the kerb because when they show pete standing over him waiting for him to get up Ross is far away from the kerb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Haven't watched emmerdale since they killed Ross but after the frenzy on Facebook last night, tuned back in!! God lucky nurses giving him a bed bath!!
    Debbie and her horrific panic attack acting and Rachel the vile piece of **** raising her hand to Sam, how dare she?! I think the way they're writing out the Spencer's is quite poor, as was valspectacular. I wanted to reach through the screen and knock Tracey out when she was chawing through popcorn. So annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Haven't watched emmerdale since they killed Ross but after the frenzy on Facebook last night, tuned back in!! God lucky nurses giving him a bed bath!!
    Debbie and her horrific panic attack acting and Rachel the vile piece of **** raising her hand to Sam, how dare she?! I think the way they're writing out the Spencer's is quite poor, as was valspectacular. I wanted to reach through the screen and knock Tracey out when she was chawing through popcorn. So annoying

I'm not Charley Webb's biggest fan in terms of acting but I thought she did well as Debbie panicking and also showing her fear and shock once Pete confessed to her, she was thinking Cameron number 2

So I came back from Holiday last night & first thing I was told when I got in the car was that Ross was alive

So first thing I thought of was JP Liz freaking out & Mam of 4 owes me 2 takeaways remember double or nothing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

So first thing I thought of was JP Liz freaking out & Mam of 4 owes me 2 takeaways remember double or nothing :D

Glad to see you have your priorities straight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,933 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

So I came back from Holiday last night & first thing I was told when I got in the car was that Ross was alive

:(:(:( AARGH!!!!! Ha had forgotten!!

Now , what would you like :D:D

gazzer wrote: »
    I want to go to the Valtacular

Poor Finn thinking he has to get a tattoo with her ashes :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Poor Finn thinking he has to get a tattoo with her ashes :p

That was funny , and so was Val warning Tracey off Eric :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Don't think I've ever seen James Hooton (who plays Sam) being interviewed before - I don't think he does many. So different from Sam...

^ I can only see him as Sam Dingle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Don't think I've ever seen James Hooton (who plays Sam) being interviewed before - I don't think he does many. So different from Sam...

I saw him in a clip, last year, to do with some charity cycle or something, and I had to look a second time to realise it was Sam.

Brilliant the way he cut across her at the very beginning :D He could be in for a few thumps later on......:pac:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    ^ I can only see him as Sam Dingle

Gifted actor. The contrast is unbelievable. He is like an English Tom Vaughan Lawlor :)

Gifted actor. The contrast is unbelievable. He is like an English Tom Vaughan Lawlor :)

Excellent point , the way he plays his character is brilliant I think . Honestly don't think enough people appreciate the quality and standard of a lot of Emmerdales charascters to be honest. Yes , we might not always like the storylines lines but that shouldn't lessen the appreciation of standard of acting.

In my humble opinion of course :)

I dont know why Emma's having a go at Pete for nearly killing Ross sure she tried to kill him herself, absolute hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Did anyone spot a hole in the Ross plot last night? Did the doctor say something along the lines of 'it's just as well you had your passport with you' to Ross at some stage? Surely if he had his passport, the hospital/police would have made some effort to contact the next of kin??

I know Ross specifically told them last night that he didn't want them contacted, but he has been in a coma for the past couple of weeks, so would not have been in a position to state his wishes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Did anyone spot a hole in the Ross plot last night? Did the doctor say something along the lines of 'it's just as well you had your passport with you' to Ross at some stage? Surely if he had his passport, the hospital/police would have made some effort to contact the next of kin??

I know Ross specifically told them last night that he didn't want them contacted, but he has been in a coma for the past couple of weeks, so would not have been in a position to state his wishes...

It's a fake passport that Cain gave him, afaik. I presume that's why the hospital staff were calling him Stephen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Yes I thought of that too. It's quite possible the police have checked it already and know it's a fake but haven't told the doctors yet. Hence the police being keen to talk to Ross and him asking the doctor to say he's still too ill and buying him some time.

They will keep us guessing as to whether he has genuinely lost his memory or is he just pretending as as to keep the doctors and police from asking too many questions yet.

How does Megan think she's going to stay around and have any peace from Jai once it becomes apparent that she's pregnant? He's lost Mia and Archie, you can be sure he'd be doubly determined not to lose another child.

Rachel and Ali were very believable as sisters last night. Dan is getting on my nerves though now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement