Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

Chrissie has paid Ross to do jobs for her on several occasions since she found out he was one of the ones who broke in, so he's more useful to her as an ally so she'd have no reason to drop him in it to Lawrence. And Robert can't say anything either since he was behind it in the first place, and Lawrence would make sure Robert would take most of the blame.

The only reason Lawrence thought it was Ross in the first place was because Chrissie said she recognised the voice, but after Lawrence thrashed Ross's stuff, Finn gave him an alibi and Chrissie found out it was Robert behind it (but decided to protect her husband) she admitted she was wrong about Ross. So Lawrence hasn't a clue and he did tell Ross at the time that he owed him a favour.

Beautifully summarised! I was a bit dodgy on the ins and outs but yes, I remember it all now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I must have missed all of that, ^^ thanks folks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,933 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I must have missed all of that, ^^ thanks folks. :)

Not too bad when you miss it , but when you've completely forgotten it , like i did , it's like :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Radio5 wrote: »
    Surely Lawrence knows by now it was Ross and Aaron that broke in to Home Farm and that Finn's alibi was false? Why would Chrissie not have told him all of Robert's misdeeds when she found out about the Robert/Aaron affair?

I don't think Chrissie told her father that Robert staged the break in with Aaron and Ross, Chrissie did think it was Ross by his voice so Lawrence arranged payback on him and other Bartons i.e. Moira's farm but Finn did give Ross an alibi

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Have barely watched emmerdale now since March...dipped in and out but never get to watch consistently. I dip in and out of this thread to see whats going on...Ross is back...wtf???? What's happened?

• Advertisement

Have barely watched emmerdale now since March...dipped in and out but never get to watch consistently. I dip in and out of this thread to see whats going on...Ross is back...wtf???? What's happened?

Despite the crack to the back of his head, Ross is alive with no head injury so Pete didn't kill him :p isn't it great

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Despite the crack to the back of his head, Ross is alive with no head injury so Pete didn't kill him :p isn't it great

Yes it absolutely is Liz! <3 :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It just brought about all the symptoms of death, such as no heartbeat, rigor mortis, decomposition... but he was lucky, the effects just wore off him.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Chrissy confessed to starting the fire which caused the deaths and has just buggered off on hols. Was she charged? Surely by now the police would've been asking her more questions and Robert for giving false information. Poor writing ever since the accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Yes very poor writing. It's as if they did a lot of work for the big disaster week and forgot the follow on.

Ross was in a coma with serious head injuries last week and has an embolism (which I think is quite serious) and yet he's out and about like there's nothing wrong with him.

Chrissy gone to stay with her sister Rebecca who doesn't seem to live far away but we've never seen her as yet. She hasn't been charged with any crime at all.

Robert was able to go abroad on business despite the police investigation!

It's saying something when Jai's drug habit seems interesting.

Nice chat between Pete and Andy about the whole "what to do when your brother gets with your girlfriend and wrecks your life" experience.

• Advertisement

Have found some of the recent episodes to be a bit meh to be honest, probably just me though.

Only thing is I find Eric to be playing a blinder , I know some people might find it a bit OTT but grief is a strange beast of it's own and have seen someone affected by it in much the same way as Eric is portraying so I think his acting is top notch as usual :)

I was actually quite interested to see where they bring the Jai and Coke thing, I'm not sure I've seen many soaps dealing with "recreational" drug abuse, of course there was Holly Barton with her heroin, but she was a good girl going to Uni and then it seemed to be BANG she's robbing Ketamine off the vets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

I was actually quite interested to see where they bring the Jai and Coke thing, I'm not sure I've seen many soaps dealing with "recreational" drug abuse, of course there was Holly Barton with her heroin, but she was a good girl going to Uni and then it seemed to be BANG she's robbing Ketamine off the vets.

Don't forget Rhona's painkiller addiction after she hurt her back.

Radio5 wrote: »
    Don't forget Rhona's painkiller addiction after she hurt her back.

Very true, I'd forgotten about that!

Ha ha Finn went with the strippers so would I

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Blue is suiting Alicia! A bin bag would look fab on her though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I want to take Cheryl home.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Whos cheryl

Please let Diane remind Eric that if he hadn't locked his wife in and gone on the piss she wouldn't be dead soon.

And while she's at it can she remind Chas her son is no Angel he chose to have an affair with a married man.

Whos cheryl

Vals dog

• Advertisement

Is Bernice about to find out that Chrissie's fathers interest might lay with someone other than her ??

**mind gone blank,can't remember his name,sorry**

• Registered Users Posts: 31,928 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

We're big Meat Loaf fans in this house and Mam says she wants this tribute fella for her funeral. He's not bad!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    We're big Meat Loaf fans in this house and Mam says she wants this tribute fella for her funeral. He's not bad!

Was thinking same thing , lovely singer :)

Mars Bar wrote: »

I've just said exactly the same to my o/h.

So no Dingles like Sam and Marlon especially, Sharmas or Andy at Val's funeral

Does Sharon know her mother is dead?

Poor Eric , really quite sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I was expecting Meatloaf to sing Bat out of Hell.And Val hopping out of the coffin.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

piperh wrote: »
    Please let Diane remind Eric that if he hadn't locked his wife in and gone on the piss she wouldn't be dead soon.

Exactly, that has bugged me from the start of this whole story!

Natalie Anderson has explained character Alicia Metcalfe's decision to leave the village and her husband David behind next week.

Upcoming episodes will Alicia and David will reach the end of the road as they fail to reach an agreement on their future.

Since arriving back in the village to support Eric following Val's death, it has become clear that the couple have very different ideas over what to do next.

The pair's differences increase next week David takes steps to regain ownership of the shop, prompting a concerned Alicia to try and take action.

When Alicia's attempts to help Eric move forward backfires, she is horrified to hear David bad-mouthing her and he later questions her over how much she has changed.

With David keen to move back to the village to look after his dad, and Alicia unable to settle there after what she has been through, it seems that the pair are destined to to live their lives apart.

Anderson said: "Portugal is bright and sunny and Alicia felt that she had a future again. Thus whole thing with Val has just reminded her of how dark the village really is.

"The village was a place that she loved very much, but at the moment it just holds very dark memories for her. Not just with Lachlan but with Cameron as well and now Val's death - there are a lot of painful memories for her."

"David never wanted to go to Portugal in the first place and obviously his dad Eric is in a really bad way following Val's death.

"Also, there is a kind of excuse there that with Eric being in such a bad way, he gets to stay around for Amba and he starts talking about buying the shop back. His life is very much in the village and he didn't want to leave in the first place."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

What was the whole gay thing tonight. Is Robert setting Lorrance up or something?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement