Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Is everyone in Emmerdale forgetting Brenda called the police in anger at Bob, Carly and Val. Yes what they did was wrong but the reason Bobs in prison, Carly lost the shop and Val and Diane fell out was because Brenda wanted them punished. Shame she wasn't a victim of the helicopter crash....she plays victim so well ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,756 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

piperh wrote: »
    Is everyone in Emmerdale forgetting Brenda called the police in anger at Bob, Carly and Val. Yes what they did was wrong but the reason Bobs in prison, Carly lost the shop and Val and Diane fell out was because Brenda wanted them punished. Shame she wasn't a victim of the helicopter crash....she plays victim so well ;-)

I think Bob prefers life in prison than life with Brenda :p

I think Ashley (who needs a haircut badly) is having memory problems

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Bob prefers life in prison than life with Brenda :p

I think Ashley (who needs a haircut badly) is having memory problems

And who could blame him, she'd have me confessing to anything if I had to live with her whiny self pitying voice.

Think you could be right about Ashley, he certainly isn't right. Can epilepsy cause memory loss?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

To be fair, Bob's in prison at the moment because he broke his bail conditions by having that row with David and Eric over the newspaper interview after the copter crash. He hasn't been tried on the fraud charge yet.

The past week has been real panto land.

Lawrence running off to Australia with a woman he barely knows, leaving home and business to his cheating,lying son-in-law while his daughter (who said son-in-law repeatedly cheated on and lied to) awaiting charges for killing 3 people? Yes, we get that Lawrence was grateful to him for making the Conor allegations go away, but as Conor said when he collected his cash, Lawrence is one stupid man.

Bernice dashing off to Oz with a man she barely knows leaving her mother grieving for her only sister and Gabby to get over the trauma of moving house (again) and Ashley, who is hardly in the full of his health, to look after Gabby full time.

I won't even go into the Carry-On antics of Rodney and Jimmy. I expect this story will come back to haunt them , just as Nicola arrives back from Dubai. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

There's more #SharmaDrama in store when Nikhil arrives back in the Village...
    After two years away, Rik Makarem will reprise his role of Nikhil Sharma in an exciting upcoming storyline.

Following the tragic death of his dear wife, Gennie, Nikhil and daughter Molly began a new life in Canada - far away from the painful memories of the Village. So what could possibly pull Nikhil back to the place he so desperately needed to get away from, and
    exactly what reception might he return to?

Speaking ahead of his return, Rik said: "With fresh energy and wisdom from playing other characters, I'm over the moon to be re-investing in Nikhil. Emmerdale is fantastic at character driven stories and for any actor, this is massively rewarding."

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    After two years away, Rik Makarem will reprise his role of Nikhil Sharma in an exciting upcoming storyline.

Following the tragic death of his dear wife, Gennie, Nikhil and daughter Molly began a new life in Canada - far away from the painful memories of the Village. So what could possibly pull Nikhil back to the place he so desperately needed to get away from, and

Speaking ahead of his return, Rik said: "With fresh energy and wisdom from playing other characters, I'm over the moon to be re-investing in Nikhil. Emmerdale is fantastic at character driven stories and for any actor, this is massively rewarding."

Yes best news ever :D:D:D:D:D:D

Ross to Kill Pete & make it look like a suicide & he does this so he can get back with Debbie

Will he go through with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ross to Kill Pete & make it look like a suicide & he does this so he can get back with Debbie

Will he go through with it?

oh thats horrible hope he doesn't suceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Radio5 wrote: »
    To be fair, Bob's in prison at the moment because he broke his bail conditions by having that row with David and Eric over the newspaper interview after the copter crash. He hasn't been tried on the fraud charge yet.
    I thought this was a bit much. Bob didnt really do anything. David and the others came over to pick an arguement and Bob was pleading his case saying he was taken for a fool by the reporter. The copper broke it up and arrested Bob for breach of the peace which in turn, broke his bail agreement. He was standing at the door of his shop defending himself for something he didnt really do.
    Any solicitor just out of law school would have gotten the charge dropped.
    He shoulda called Saul!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

kitten_k wrote: »

I just read this! Can't wait. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Radio5 wrote: »

Yes but if Wendy (Brenda) hadn't shopped poor Bob there would'nt have been any bail conditions to break. Bail conditions which apparently include 'Do not, under any circumstances, get yelled at in the street by anyone'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Yes but if Wendy (Brenda) hadn't shopped poor Bob there would'nt have been any bail conditions to break. Bail conditions which apparently include 'Do not, under any circumstances, get yelled at in the street by anyone'.

No i disagree wiht this,its good Emmerdale is showing there are conswquences to your actions.Plus if Eric hadnt locked them in Val would still be alive,whether she was taliking to Diane or not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Following Erics, eh, logic; he only locked Val and Diane in the house of mirrors because they fell out over Val committing fraud in order to get a loan secured on Brendas shop.

Which Val only did because David and Alicia wanted to sell up and move to Portugal.

The reason they were so eager to move was that Alicia wanted to leave the village and get a fresh start following her assault by Lachlan.

Lachlan is underage so we have to look to his legal guardian, his mum Chrissy.

So, in both a direct way and a more roundabout way, it's all Chrissys fault.

How can Chrissie just disappear like that wouldn't the police want to talk to her?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

dubstarr wrote: »
    No i disagree wiht this,its good Emmerdale is showing there are conswquences to your actions.Plus if Eric hadnt locked them in Val would still be alive,whether she was taliking to Diane or not

Yes i agree that you need to face the music after you have done wrong, Bob confessed to what he did but Val then lied about what happened. He was released on bail and then "failed to keep the peace" because he stood at the door of his shop and got shouted at by others. He shouldnt be in jail for now, maybe after hes found guilty then they could have ran this story line but its a bit ridiculous having it now.

How can Chrissie just disappear like that wouldn't the police want to talk to her?

Do the police know the crash was Chrissie's fault, she confessed in the pub but did she to the police also?

Aaron mentioned he couldn't work as investigators were still at the scrap yard

How did Bob get off when Val was looking at least a 2 year sentence :confused:

Joanne's advice to Belle was rubbish, if she was daughter I would kill her if I heard what she was saying to her, I mean saying to a young teenager about Sex I was just glad to get it over with it, who the hell would give that kind of advice about sex to young people.

Doesn't mention contraception to her either, seriously what is wrong with that woman?

I thought Belle had slept with Carl King's son Thomas or Sean Spencer (Dan and Ali's son)

I agree Joanie's advice was awful and she was a teacher

Belle's room looked very well for being part of the Dingle house :p and good to see little Kyle back

I thought Belle had slept with Carl King's son Thomas or Sean Spencer (Dan and Ali's son)

I agree Joanie's advice was awful and she was a teacher

Belle's room looked very well for being part of the Dingle house :p and good to see little Kyle back

I dont think Belle has slept with anyone,she had a plan at one stage to sleep with sean and get pregnant to avoid Jail but I think Sean refused in the end.

What age is belle? is she only 15?

fin12 wrote: »
    I dont think Belle has slept with anyone,she had a plan at one stage to sleep with sean and get pregnant to avoid Jail but I think Sean refused in the end.

What age is belle? is she only 15?

Belle is in college so I assume around 17/18

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

fin12 wrote: »
    Joanne's advice to Belle was rubbish, if she was daughter I would kill her if I heard what she was saying to her, I mean saying to a young teenager about Sex I was just glad to get it over with it, who the hell would give that kind of advice about sex to young people.

Doesn't mention contraception to her either, seriously what is wrong with that woman?

Probably that's the way it was in Joanies day tongue.png

But anyway, yes totally stupid advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭antonymin

Belle looks extremely young, she looks about 14 whatever her age in the programme is supposed to be.

antonymin wrote: »
    Belle looks extremely young, she looks about 14 whatever her age in the programme is supposed to be.

Yes I agree she looks quite young, good actress in Eden

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

College in the UK is when you're doing your A-Levels though, not to be confused with university- so she's supposed to be 16 which would be about right.
    Eden will be 18 next month. She's been playing Belle since she was 6! :eek:

Do the police know the crash was Chrissie's fault, she confessed in the pub but did she to the police also?

Aaron mentioned he couldn't work as investigators were still at the scrap yard

How did Bob get off when Val was looking at least a 2 year sentence :confused:

Yes Chrissie went to the police, there was a scene where she came back to Home Farm and told her dad and Robert that she has confessed to the police. Then she went off to her sisters and hasn't been seen since!

The investigators are from the Insurance Company. Will they pay out on a claim where wife of co-owner of the scrap business confessed to starting a fire ?

Bob pleaded guilty. Val wasn't going to and I think that counts for something in the sentence you get.

Sad to see David and Aleesha spilt after the torturous road they travelled to get together in the 1st place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Maybe Val's sentencing would have been more severe because she was impersonating Brenda?

Do you think Tracey will be mending David's broken heart when Alicia leaves, there seems to some sparks between them

Waay too much Kerry and Dan, seems like they're really stretching that story out as a bit of a filler. Normally enjoy them but it's too much at this stage.

Glad Carly had a go at super-fit and not-in-the-least-bit-injured Ross and that writers remembered that Pete wasn't the only one being cheated on.

Somebody
    will shoot Robert

Why didn't Emmerdale get a LIVE episode for ITV 60th bloody Corrie the golden child

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Well Emmerdale did one with Karl King's death and pulled it off well so they have one under their belt and in fact have already set the bar. The pressure is on the Corrie lot now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement