Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Philip Schofield popping up all over the place tonight for text Santa. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Philip Schofield popping up all over the place tonight for text Santa. :D

I did a double take when I saw him lurking around in the background of the shop in his Advent Jumper...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was hoping we might see an hallucination vision of Carl or Cameron

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

Maybe it's just me but I thought the writing was very bad tonight..

Aaron: "We think you might have PTSD."
    Chas: "Like what soldiers get? I haven't been through anything nearly as bad as them."
    Aaron: "Actually, statistics show that 1 in 3 residents of Emmerdale have been through enough stress and trauma in their lives, to need to seek medical attention, and it's a nice little after thought of storylines that we shed a bit of light on this so go with it Mother."
    Chas: "Yeah alright, let's go. Hugspls."

I also realised that Jimmy is the last remaining King, after there were at least 6 or 7, and it goes to show why, he's hilarious and adorable and just a plain old nice guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Leaving Chas on her own was a bit careless, in the circumstances. Also what were the chances that Jimmy and Nicola would find her!

It's a wonder everyone in Emmerdale doesn't have ptsd. Diane is very credible, in her fear of undergoing chemo, and Ashley's story is heartbreaking.
    I'd like some light hearted story threaded in, though, amongst all the doom and gloom.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was hoping we might see an hallucination vision of Carl or Cameron

Yeah that would have been good, rather than their voices coming out of Robert. Would have been nice and spooky to have one or both of them reappear in her visions, leaving the viewer not sure if they'd risen from the dead or not.

Diane meets Aaron's father Gordon at a chemo session as he has cancer too also an accident happens baby Moses caused by Emma or Debbie

Diane meets Aaron's father Gordon at a chemo session as he has cancer too also an accident happens baby Moses caused by Emma or Debbie

Ok,
    I see we are getting the light hearted story I wished for, amid all the sad stories. Not
    . :D

Ah here its all one big conquidence now

I really want Nikhil and Leyla together

• Advertisement

I really want Nikhil and Leyla together

I was thinking today they would be a really attractive couple!

Belle sees Zak and Joanie kissing and becomes determined to make her pay

Belle sees Zak and Joanie kissing and becomes determined to make her pay

Murder this christmas I bet

Gabby is such an evil child

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Nikhill and David, the new Rose and Jack

Oh god that Lachlan deserves a good pasting :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

The car Paddy and his bit on the side were in was moving forward, the scenery behind was changing :-D

Sorry pointless I know but it made me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Paddy just made the earth move. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I don't like Gabby/Gabi however you spell it. She's very flat as an actress , the same expression and tone of voice nearly all the time :(

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I don't like Gabby/Gabi however you spell it. She's very flat as an actress , the same expression and tone of voice nearly all the time :(

Compared to April the poor kid doesn't stand a chance! :pac:

• Advertisement

Compared to April the poor kid doesn't stand a chance! :pac:

I know! Was thinking that when I posted , to be out-shadowed by someone probably half her age , must be hard on the girl that plays Gabi also , but I can't seem to like her at all.

I know! Was thinking that when I posted , to be out-shadowed by someone probably half her age , must be hard on the girl that plays Gabi also , but I can't seem to like her at all.

Definitely, but I'm sure it doesn't help her the way she's being written, they want her to be a brat and it ultimately makes her unlikable, where as April is just a little dote who's just doing her best to be a good kid and get through life.

Definitely, but I'm sure it doesn't help her the way she's being written, they want her to be a brat and it ultimately makes her unlikable, where as April is just a little dote who's just doing her best to be a good kid and get through life.

Excellent point , but they really should give her the odd scene showing another side to her character apart from her being the petulant young girl she is :pac:
    Scriptwriters listen up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think she plays the part of Gabbi very well and has played it well consistently. April is a completely different personality and also when you are that young, you have a lot less inhibitions, i dont really think its fair really to compare the two of them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

fin12 wrote: »
    I think she plays the part of Gabbi very well and has played it well consistently. April is a completely different personality and also when you are that young, you have a lot less inhibitions, i dont really think its fair really to compare the two of them.....

I think Gabby is grand too - the character is supposed to be mopey and insolent, and she plays that well. Think all the kids in Emmerdale are great actually (well I'm not counting the Hope twins in that because we never see them, to be fair, but everyone else is very good).

That's also a good point, thanks for making it, I never thought of it that way! I do understand that they are only kids, and I didn't mean to sound mean, just not a fan of Gabby, having said that I feel sorry for her, she has been through a lot, not to mention her mother up and leaving her for years to live in Australia, and then her Dad beating up her grandad etc. I didn't like the way she treated Laurel after her and Ashley split up though, after Laurel had been such a great mum to her for so many years. And in general I find her to be the kind of kid who I would not like to be around.

I think Gabby is grand too - the character is supposed to be mopey and insolent, and she plays that well. Think all the kids in Emmerdale are great actually (well I'm not counting the Hope twins in that because we never see them, to be fair, but everyone else is very good).

You are both right in fairness , but there's just something about her that irks me tbh . Yes i know she's playing her part well , but I don't love her the way I normally would love the baddies.. Like Cain ;D but that's different !

I enjoy Gabby's scenes. She isn't particularly likeable, but she makes me laugh. The kids overall, in Emmerdale, are very good. I'd like if they brought Jakey back sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Gabbys charachter is a brat and while she seems to play the moody sulky toe rag very well, i dont think she could play anything else. She doesnt seem to be able to act and the scenes they gave her suits her as she just seems to hang around in the background looking like shes not comfortable on camera. I just think if they gave her any other type of storyline she would mess it up. Even when they give her a bit of a storyline she doesnt get much dialogue. I might be a bit harsh on the young actress but thats the way i see it.

Eric at the moment is breaking my heart. Hes playing the grieving/unstable widower very well. I found the storyline to be a bit boring untill this week when it all came together and my heart really went out to him. Chris Chittell is playing a blinder and should be up for best actor in the next round of the soap awards.

• Advertisement

http://metro.co.uk/tag/soap-spoilers/

Best place for Soap Spoilers since Digital Spy went to **** going to be posting this all over the soap forms so apoligies in advance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement