Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How long has Laurel been sober for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

How far along is Megan in her pregnancy? I remember her finding out but can't figure out when it was

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Does anybody else think that Tess is going to turn out to be a bit of a bunny boiler? I dont think she is married at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

gazzer wrote: »
    Does anybody else think that Tess is going to turn out to be a bit of a bunny boiler? I dont think she is married at all.

ya but I also found it really strange the way she said to Paddy I have resolved myself to never having children because my husband doesn't want them, clearly then she shouldn't have stayed in the relationship, she really wants kids but is not having them because of her husband, I think Paddy should be extremely careful when sleeping with her because maybe she's just using Paddy to get pregnant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

If she wasn't married that would be an excellent plot avenue. Right now the story is predictable and unrealistic.

Emmerdale star Shirley Stelfox has died following a short battle with cancer.

The 74-year-old actress, known to millions for her role as no-nonsense Edna Birch on the ITV soap, passed away at home on Monday (December 7) with her daughter Helena by her side.

John Whiston, ITV's creative director for soaps, has led the tributes to the popular star.

"The family here at Emmerdale are deeply saddened by Shirley's passing. It is hard to imagine Emmerdale without her," Whiston commented.

"We offer our condolences to Shirley's family and share our feeling of loss with the millions of viewers who will miss Edna enormously."

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Just after seeing that on the Emmerdale Facebook page. RIP Edna.

I half wondered that too. Pierce (or whatever his name is) is conveniently absent, a lot.

That's extremely sad about the actress of Edna. Nice that she continued on her role though. Must of been a great distraction and she was indeed a unique and superbly acted character. I'll say she will get a great send off.

With Ashley, Sandy and Edna departing, and other characters like Zak and Lisa slowly playing smaller roles, Emmerdale will have lost a massive backbone. I fear it will never reach the peak of last year and a half again. It's going very Hollyoaks like the last while with characters like Robert, Ross and storylines like Chas seeing ghosts and family feuds every second day.

• Advertisement

Also it goes to show how great an actress she was to portray two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT characters in Rose (Keeping Up Appearences) and Edna.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

RIP Shirley.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Such sad news , excellent actress, didn't know she was ill at all . She will be sadly missed ,such a pivotal character in the village , RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

The 74-year-old actress, known to millions for her role as no-nonsense Edna Birch on the ITV soap, passed away at home on Monday (December 7) with her daughter Helena by her side.

John Whiston, ITV's creative director for soaps, has led the tributes to the popular star.

"The family here at Emmerdale are deeply saddened by Shirley's passing. It is hard to imagine Emmerdale without her," Whiston commented.

"We offer our condolences to Shirley's family and share our feeling of loss with the millions of viewers who will miss Edna enormously."

RIP

Very sad news. The character of Edna really was an integral part of the village always so well portrayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

Oh that is awful news, I have a massive soft spot for Edna, didn't even know she was ill! She will be sorely missed in the Dales, that's for sure. RIP.

Her final scene, ironically with the two characters, Sandy and Ashley, that she shared her most scenes with. Very poignant last words from Sandy......

Very sad news about Shirley Stelfox. Terrific actress. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Gutted to hear about Shirley Stelfox. Fantastic actress and portrayed one of my favourite soap characters. RIP.

Can't believe Rhona fell for that earlier. Reminds me of the line from the IT Crowd 'friendface' episode where Jens old school friends husband is telling Moss that he suspects the wife is cheating

'Maybe I'm reading too much into it but a guy left a message on her friendface page, "Can't wait to shag the arse of you"

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Nick Hill is a boring git.

I laughed, I'm afraid :D, when Rhona read out the text message.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

RIP

I was extremely sad today to hear of the actress's passing. Edna was one of my favourite characters. I was wondering where she had been for the past while. One of the best storylines in Emmerdale, imho, was when her little dog, Tootsie, had cancer. (Ironically!) She spent all her money on vet's fees, to the extent of starving herself. When Zak and the other neighbours eventually realised what was happening, they all rallied around and looked after her. It was so different from the usual soap stories. Beautifully and movingly acted by Ms. Stelfox. May she rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

That's extremely sad about the actress of Edna. Nice that she continued on her role though. Must of been a great distraction and she was indeed a unique and superbly acted character. I'll say she will get a great send off.

With Ashley, Sandy and Edna departing, and other characters like Zak and Lisa slowly playing smaller roles, Emmerdale will have lost a massive backbone. I fear it will never reach the peak of last year and a half again. It's going very Hollyoaks like the last while with characters like Robert, Ross and storylines like Chas seeing ghosts and family feuds every second day.

It has been more like Eastenders in the most recent past. And I hate Eastenders. :mad:

Betty is gone and now Edna while Pearl is barely used, Emmerdale losing many older characters so need some new maybe bring in Moira and/or James mother

Just heard about Edna :(

Enda & Sandy always wound each other up, but they loved each other very much

R.I.P

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I laughed, I'm afraid :D, when Rhona read out the text message.

Surely Vanessa would have put 2+2 together going by Paddy's anxiousness and the actual reading of the message?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

I think the character of paddy is ruined for me now. I used to love him and Marlon together....this affair has made me hate him!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

laylag wrote: »
    I think the character of paddy is ruined for me now. I used to love him and Marlon together....this affair has made me hate him!

I know what you mean, he always seems so nice and "Oh Paddy would never do that!" Although as far as I remember, he has cheated on other people in the past.

I knew it was going to happen but I feel so sorry for Megan that Jai has copped that she's pregnant. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

laylag wrote: »

But he has form for cheating so I think its realistic enough, I always found he quite annoying but then love him when he is with Aaron and defending/protecting him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement