Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

Cain needs to sort Gordon out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Just caught up today. Danny and Ryan were superb.

Nobody can convey emotion, like Aaron, in my opinion. I've always liked Robert, he has a bad side, and an extremely vulnerable side to his character.
    Truly powerful stuff.

This new child sex abuse story-line just seems so conveniently shoehorned. I get that they need to explore with this issue but in the context of Aaron it doesn't fit consistently with his back story to be honest. Poor writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭pigtown

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This new child sex abuse story-line just seems so conveniently shoehorned. I get that they need to explore with this issue but in the context of Aaron it doesn't fit consistently with his back story to be honest. Poor writing.

I think it fits Aaron very well, his self loathing and harming, his violent behaviour towards Paddy when finally coming out as gay etc.,

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think it fits Aaron very well, his self loathing and harming, his violent behaviour towards Paddy when finally coming out as gay etc.,

Agreed.

Plus, Danny Miller is, in my opinion, the right person to carry that storyline, and he did it superbly.

The actor who plays Ross has signed a new deal to stay on the show

At the time though the previous actor who played Gordon was treating him more like a teenager gone wild and had a sort of 'get him out of my sight' attitude with Chas. Id imagine if he was abusing him he would keep him within range to exert control and power over him.

Would have been more believable perhaps if it was Gordon's partner was abusing him and Gordon wouldn't believe him. Gordon abusing him is a bit of a stretch if you ask me. Aaron hated Chas one time and his dad was the greatest thing since the sliced pan and now its the other way around. Too much of a turnaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

At the time though the previous actor who played Gordon was treating him more like a teenager gone wild and had a sort of 'get him out of my sight' attitude with Chas. Id imagine if he was abusing him he would keep him within range to exert control and power over him.

Would have been more believable perhaps if it was Gordon's partner was abusing him and Gordon wouldn't believe him. Gordon abusing him is a bit of a stretch if you ask me. Aaron hated Chas one time and his dad was the greatest thing since the sliced pan and now its the other way around. Too much of a turnaround.

Honestly I think the storyline is believable . Denial,guilt thinking you made this person do this to you , 1001 different reasons why Aaron would have thought his Dad was the bees knees , just my take on it really .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I can't really understand either why he wouldn't have told Jackson, the love of his life and was always the one that helped Aaron come out as gay. Because he was telling Robert how being abused by his dad was one of the reasons why he felt it so hard to accept that he was gay that he thought the abuse had made him gay...

• Advertisement

I thought yesterday's episode, again, was very well played, especially by Danny Miller, and Ryan Hawley...Robert's reaction, as Gordon managed to plant a doubt, in his mind, and Aaron's reaction, in turn, to that.

I think the acting in this, is outstanding.

I wonder will Gordon's ex Sandra and his daughter (Aaron's sister) come into the show, they may have known what he did

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kjbsrah1

I wonder will Gordon's ex Sandra and his daughter (Aaron's sister) come into the show, they may have known what he did

I thought both of them were dead? I think i heard reference to both of them at different times over the past few weeks that they were both dead. But maybe i misheard or am remembering incorrectly?

Some people think on DS Aaron could be lying and its a false memory I really hope Emmerdale is not going down that path

Some people think on DS Aaron could be lying and its a false memory I really hope Emmerdale is not going down that path

Ah no, having Aaron lie about something like that would completely ruin his character and him being an abuse victim explains so much of his past behaviour

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

Well I really hope not, that would be a really sh!tty storyline. Love the scenes with Aaron and Robert at the moment. Much and all as I want to hate Robert, I really do have a soft spot for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

So good you told us twice:D

Could explain Paddy and Tess countryside car bunk rendezvous :p

dubstarr wrote: »
    So good you told us twice:D

For some reason, every time I reply since the site came back online the other day, it does a double post. Really annoying.

• Advertisement

So Joanie will leave Kyle with Kerry to go Ireland with Zak to Abe :mad: I thought Cain had banned Zak from Irish Dingles, I hope Cain and Moira go for full custody of Kyle

.red. wrote: »
    Layla is stunning, the more scenes with her the better as far as im concerned.

You should follow Roxy Shahidi on twitter, aside from playing Leyla, she also does a lot of Yoga and posts a good few videos of herself on her twitter, showing the correct ways to do Yoga positions.

I only say this because I've a keen interest in Yoga... ;)

Cain beats up Gordon once he discovers what he did to Aaron who with Chas goes to the police but Gordon threatens to get Cain sent down for assault unless Aaron retracts and says he lied

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

You should follow Roxy Shahidi on twitter, aside from playing Leyla, she also does a lot of Yoga and posts a good few videos of herself on her twitter, showing the correct ways to do Yoga positions.

I only say this because I've a keen interest in Yoga... ;)
    Yoga you say. Hmmm. Id wouldnt mind a few backwards dog videos even tho i dont know what it is lol .....ive seen her in cork airport a few times. Think she has a sister living somewhere in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Yoga you say. Hmmm. Id wouldnt mind a few backwards dog videos even tho i dont know what it is lol .....ive seen her in cork airport a few times. Think she has a sister living somewhere in the city.

Really, ya I think she's so pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Smushie1

She does, her sister goes to my old school on the northside. She got in a few pictures with some of the teachers in the school and all during an awards night :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Ashley & Laurel, the dementia story was breaking my heart but the pregnancy and possible termination is utterly so sad.

Looks like Paddy is coming close to tripping the psycho biitch switch in yer one! Idiots the pair if them

Ohh Laurel I'm so sad watching this

Catch the bastard Rhona please!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Very sad scenes with Laurel and Ashley , all of the scenes , excellently played , as always . This storyline shall have us all in bits by the time Ashley leaves :( And on that note , when is his exit meant to be ? Just so I can be prepared.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement