Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

this story is a joke, sorry. Gordon is a completely different character to what he was. Its bordering on Todd's transition in Coronation Street. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

^^

That to me is the same as saying Paddy doesn't look like an adulterer , it doesn't suit his character. To me , the unexpected storylines that may seem hard to believe of some characters , are what make the stories better Imo . Who knows what an Adulterer/Cheater looks like ? An Abuser ? An Alcoholic ? Expect the unexpected , things/people are sometimes not all they seem :)

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Just trying to decide which category I fit into... :D

I dropped all soaps for a good number of years, so there are definitely storylines and characters that I wouldn't know the full background to.

Well to be fair to you that is the other possibility.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    ^^

That to me is the same as saying Paddy doesn't look like an adulterer , it doesn't suit his character. To me , the unexpected storylines that may seem hard to believe of some characters , are what make the stories better Imo . Who knows what an Adulterer/Cheater looks like ? An Abuser ? An Alcoholic ? Expect the unexpected , things/people are sometimes not all they seem :)

Your missing the point here. Back in 2004, Aaron wanted absolutely nothing to do with Chas and as soon as he got in the door of the Dingles house he wanted to go home to Gordon. Hardly a child in fear of his father now is it? Now we are meant to believe Gordon was raping him? It fits in with Danny Millers representation of Aaron but not his overall backstory. Its been shoehorned to a degree. The storyline is been played out very well but i wish the writers would show the audience a bit more respect.

Paddy had form when it came to adultery too. He had it off with Viv Windsor when he was married to Emily years ago. Its ok to have multi faceted characters but rewriting history is a step too far.

this story is a joke, sorry. Gordon is a completely different character to what he was. Its bordering on Todd's transition in Coronation Street. Ugh.

Gordon was pretty much a non entity. Now it would seem Aaron has suddenly remembered to himself 'oh yes I knew I forgot something! didn't my dad rape me at some stage?' its not the characters but poor writing.

Todd's transition cannot be compared to Paddy. Affairs aside, there is very little difference to Paddy's mannerisms and overall character since he joined the cast in the late 90s. He has gradually evolved while showing some of his other less endearing facets. Todd on the other hand has had a complete personality and heart transplant and is more like a male version of Tracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Your missing the point here. Back in 2004, Aaron wanted absolutely nothing to do with Chas and as soon as he got in the door of the Dingles house he wanted to go home to Gordon. Hardly a child in fear of his father now is it? Now we are meant to believe Gordon was raping him? It fits in with Danny Millers representation of Aaron but not his overall backstory. Its been shoehorned to a degree. The storyline is been played out very well but i wish the writers would show the audience a bit more respect.

Paddy had form when it came to adultery too. He had it off with Viv Windsor when he was married to Emily years ago. Its ok to have multi faceted characters but rewriting history is a step too far.

The thing is though abused kids will do anything for the abuser,its a form of Stockholm Syndrome.So when he lived wiht Gordon and him leaving he still was a ttached to his Dad.Its because hes been away he now realises how wrong it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Fair point , I do get what you are saying , although maybe you think I don't :)

All I'm saying is , I find it believable , that an abused child would WANT to go back home to their abuser , it's not always a black/white,clear cut situation , that's all.

Excellently portrayed ,by all involved , no matter whether or not we agree on certain points .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Fair point , I do get what you are saying , although maybe you think I don't :)

All I'm saying is , I find it believable , that an abused child would WANT to go back home to their abuser , it's not always a black/white,clear cut situation , that's all.

Excellently portrayed ,by all involved , no matter whether or not we agree on certain points .

I think Gordon is a super actor. Amazingly when he returned i never envisaged this storyline or that he could bring so much to the table but he is proving to be pure evil. Very well played. A challenging role too for any actor. he'll meet many the dumbfúck in Tesco or wherever he does his groceries who wont be able to distinguish between Gordon the nonce and Gary Mavers the actor trying to earn a living.

dubstarr wrote: »
    The thing is though abused kids will do anything for the abuser,its a form of Stockholm Syndrome.So when he lived wiht Gordon and him leaving he still was a ttached to his Dad.Its because hes been away he now realises how wrong it was.

Yeah that's a possibility too. Interesting to see where the story will go. I reckon Gordon's ex Sandra or perhaps one of Aaron's half siblings will have a major part to play in this storyline yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Well to be fair to you that is the other possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Poor Leyla and Nikhil but so funny, love them together

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Poor Leyla and Nikhil but so funny, love them together

Nikhill is just gods gift on this earth the man is just perfection

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

I had to laugh at poor Layla scooting out the room holding her stomach and her bum. And then so super sweet when she was walking home saying "My Mum always said a lady should have mystique." And Nikhil was all, well this is real and this is as real as it gets. I love them as a couple, they're both incredibly good looking and they have great chemistry. Love them!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Fair play to Adam wanting to go sort Gordon with Cain for Aaron

I enjoyed that scene with the Dingles, the way they all turned and looked at Cain. Yes, Zak did tell him, he is the head of the family, I know :D. They all expected that he could sort things out, somehow. Of course we know he had tried... :p

Who is coaching the kids soccer team now Pete is in jail and David away in Portugal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

When Leyla was throwing up i had visions of a pregnancy storyline.And whos the daddy.

dubstarr wrote: »
    When Leyla was throwing up i had visions of a pregnancy storyline.And whos the daddy.

I thought "Well Vanessa is pregnant, that'll be the death of poor Kirin."
    immediately when she started throwing up.

I presume Tess and Paddy's affair will soon be revealed, given last night's conversations between Rhona and Tess, then Rhona and Paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I presume Tess and Paddy's affair will soon be revealed, given last night's conversations between Rhona and Tess, then Rhona and Paddy.

Cant do spoilor tags but next week and the reaction is not what you expect.....

We need more scenes of Leyla high on meds

"He'll never marry me hes' seen me on he toliet" :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Cant do spoilor tags but next week and the reaction is not what you expect.....

Oh, must have a look on Digital Spy! :D

Mon 22 Feb
    - Chas falls apart as she wrestles with helplessness.
    - Robert and Chas get together to plan their revenge on Gordon.
    - Leyla reels in the wake of recent events.
    - As Nikhil leaves the village, Brenda's distraught to have lost Molly again.
    - Priya is sick of waiting to be promoted at the factory.
    - Rishi promotes Priya to factory manager.

Tue 23 Feb
    - Aaron feels betrayed when Chas exposes his story of abuse to the village.
    - Bernice is tempted when Tony asks her out for a drink, but Chrissie is on to her.
    - Priya gets some bad news.
    - Gabby takes advantage of smitten Jacob.
    - Paddy has choice words for Rhona.

Wed 24 Feb
    - Robert tracks down a face from Aaron's past to help him, while the troubled Dingle makes a mysterious phone call...
    - Ashley frets over Gabby's behaviour.
    - Paddy and Rhona hold crisis talks.
    - Chrissie wants to hire Andy at Home Farm.

Thu 25 Feb
    - Chas unravels and lashes out, while Aaron makes an emotional journey...
    - Aaron visits his stepmum and gets a blast from the past!
    - Chrissie plans to catch Bernice.
    - Marlon makes an offer.
    - David is rocked by a revelation... and finds a thief.
    - Rakesh receives a shock phone call.
    - Rakesh and Jimmy take on Charity over her accounting.

Fri 26 Feb
    - There's a new development in the police case against Gordon...
    - Ashley comes up with a radical plan to tackle wayward daughter Gabby.
    - Ashley has a major request for Lawrence...
    - Alarmed Pearl spots Rhona and Paddy screaming at each other, but reaches the wrong conclusion.

What next for week beginning Mon 29 Feb?
    - A very familiar face returns to the village... Who is it?
    - Who is suspicious of Carly, and why?
    - Who does Rhona confide in about Paddy, and how do they react?

Soaplife, 13-26 Feb 2016
    all about soap, fortnight ending 26 Feb 2016

What the heck is
    Nikhil leaving the village for?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Would be funny if Roana walked in and Tess was riding Paddy like a pony around the floors of the vets.

Paddy should sedate her. If it works on a horse it will work on Tess.

Tess's last words
    '' wendy I can fly ''

Dan's sex face is like a chipmunk:p and then Ross mimicking it, funny

This is becoming a habit for Kieran.
    Hit and run.

Yay Ashley remembered to get a haircut :p

• Advertisement

Paddy's little secret shall remain within his humpty dumpty head.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement