Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    That doctor fella is married and he must like really young girls as clearly obvious Belle is young

I think Belle looks a good bit older than she actually is, especially when she's dressed in her work clothes and trying to look older anyway. It'd be easy to mistake her for someone in her early twenties to be fair.

Holly Barton on the other hand doesn't look much older than 16 or 17, but she's actually in her twenties. She's supposed to be older than Adam, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I think Belle looks a good bit older than she actually is, especially when she's dressed in her work clothes and trying to look older anyway. It'd be easy to mistake her for someone in her early twenties to be fair.

Holly Barton on the other hand doesn't look much older than 16 or 17, but she's actually in her twenties. She's supposed to be older than Adam, right?

Really, I think she looks about 13 or 14!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Holly is awful, not credible at all. I hope that she gets written out again fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Liv looks older than Belle even

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I don't think Belle looks that young to be honest ? She just looks like a fresh faced college student , as she's not normally caked in heavy , dramatic make-up . Gabby wears more make up than Belle most times , I think anyway :)

Still don't like Holly , loved the scenes the other night with Jakey and David , Gordon playing the baddie role very well , playing on Livs emotions , bad bad man .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Belle looks about 15/16, the doc looks about 30/35. Its creepy if you ask me.
    I think shes about 17/18 in the show. The doc must be at least 30ish if he's runnng hs own practice. Nothing legally wrong there but it aint gonna do his career any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

.red. wrote: »
    Belle looks about 15/16, the doc looks about 30/35. Its creepy if you ask me.
    I think shes about 17/18 in the show. The doc must be at least 30ish if he's runnng hs own practice. Nothing legally wrong there but it aint gonna do his career any good.

And she knows it's weird as well because when Priya asked how old the guy was she was like 20s and Priya was like oh that's fine but I've a feeling if she said 30s Priya would have something different to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

The doc (Micah Balfour) was in The Bill and that was 11 years ago and he's 37 but he looks younger. I get arBelle getting the hots for him but from his side I don't know what age he thinks she is. :confused:

Wouldn't the local doctor have Belle Dingle's records from her mental illness, this doc has been around since Emma started work in his surgery

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Wouldn't the local doctor have Belle Dingle's records from her mental illness, this doc has been around since Emma started work in his surgery

Not too sure ? She could have been attending a mental health centre , not just a GP for her illness ?

• Advertisement

Belle hides behind the examination curtain to avoid being spotted by David, but Dr Bailey is so flustered that he gets confused with his paperwork and tells the village favourite that his ultrasound came back clear.
    David is naturally delighted by the result, but once he's gone, Dr Bailey realises that he's actually made a huge error. He later has to ashamedly break the news to a devastated David that he does have cancer after all.

Matthew Wolfenden, who plays David, has revealed that Emmerdale's new producer Iain MacLeod came up with the wrong diagnosis twist after taking over from Kate Oates at the beginning of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Liv's recording will be used in court next week but for no know for which one, result due Friday.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Liv's recording will be used in court next week but for no know for which one, result due Friday.

tumblr_muruv0s6oN1qjjhbco2_250.gif

I hate that Lachlan, he should be the one bait up

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kjbsrah1

Never seen a beaten up body laid out as well as Andy was tonight :rolleyes:

kjbsrah1 wrote: »
    Never seen a beaten up body laid out as well as Andy was tonight :rolleyes:

ha ha, they should have tied a bow around him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Alice1

ha ha, they should have tied a bow around him :D
    I don't understand why Lawrence is getting upset about Andy. After all, he did give Bernice "permission" to have other friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gasher

Does Lawrence fancy andy

Alice1 wrote: »
    I don't understand why Lawrence is getting upset about Andy. After all, he did give Bernice "permission" to have other friends.

That's true. Maybe he thought he would be okay with it, but wasn't when it was happening - or he thought it was happening. I think it's a bit out of character for Lawrence. Maybe the new producer making their mark?

In the spoiler I posted upthread, the person involved said that their story was changed, and a twist was introduced by the new producer.

I so wanted Gaby to be honest with Ashley herself but well done Jakey to telling the truth

I wonder will Andy blame his beating on Robert despite knowing it is Lawrence is behind it

• Advertisement

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Maybe the new producer making their mark?

I don't think any of the stories Iain McLeod's overseeing come into effect until around June or July, and even then it won't be until October-ish that we'll be really getting a taste of what he's like as a producer because Kate Oates will still have stuff she set in motion playing out. In any of the soaps (if they're been handled properly, which Emmerdale clearly has been), the storylines are done roughly a year in advance before going out on air. There's often re-writes when an actor dies or leaves unexpectedly, but for the most part things will be planned out a year in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Jesus Christ, I am sick of Aaron and his constant moodiness.
    I GET why he is the way he is, I get why; he's been through a lot.
    But I have never come across a soap character who NEVER laughs or smiles...he is constantly in the doldrums and it's tiring.

I don't think any of the stories Iain McLeod's overseeing come into effect until around June or July, and even then it won't be until October-ish that we'll be really getting a taste of what he's like as a producer because Kate Oates will still have stuff she set in motion playing out. In any of the soaps (if they're been handled properly, which Emmerdale clearly has been), the storylines are done roughly a year in advance before going out on air. There's often re-writes when an actor dies or leaves unexpectedly, but for the most part things will be planned out a year in advance.

See my spoiler upthread, the actor involved said that the new producer had changed the storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

LynnGrace wrote: »
    See my spoiler upthread, the actor involved said that the new producer had changed the storyline.

I love Aaron,think hes a great character but i know what you mean.He can never be happy wihtout a big drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,150 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Looks like Jake is going to the vicars daughter pregnant.

EXACT same scene essentially as Kim Tate and Frank. Right down to tyhe fixing himself in the mirror. Boring and predictable and unrealistic that someone would do that

Christ Priya is looking gorgeous tonight!!

Christ Priya is looking gorgeous tonight!!

I was literally thinking the exact same thing myself while watching tonight.

I was literally thinking the exact same thing myself while watching tonight.

I put it down to those lovely set of...........eyes.........

• Advertisement

Belle don't become a mistress to that old doctor dude, you saw what Joanie did to your parents marriage :mad:

I thought Ronnie was Lawrence's lover

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement