Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gazzer wrote: »
    I'm not an expert on divorce laws in the UK but how long does it take before you can remarry after a divorce? Zak and Lisa are less than 4 months seperated and Zac has already proposed to Joanie

I'm sure Lisa said the decree came through so they are legally divorced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I disagree that it's out of character. He has cheated and played away in the past, that's how Cain was born, when he cheated on Nellie with Shadrach's missus, Faith. And he wasn't long divorced to Nellie before he got with Lisa in the first place.

over 40 years ago. His relationship was very volatile with Nellie who was a very vicious character and who had a bad effect on Zak. He is sssoooooooooo different than he was when he arrived what must be 23 years ago now?

I and many others find it extremely out of character. But we all have different opinions!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I think a lot of times characters come in to soaps as baddies and they mellow.But a leopard never changes their spots.So Zak to revert back to type isnt that far fetched.Somebody like David who was never like that in teh first place wouldnt be capable i would say.#

Have to say David is playing a blinder on this storyline.Really very good.

I thought Zak's days of playing away were over, sorry to sound ageist

I think putting him with Joanie was a bad idea, both were good likeable characters before

Zak and Lisa were such a solid couple who had been through alot, maybe remembering his own cancer ordeal will make Zak realise his heart truly lies with Lisa - I sound like a Hallmark greeting card :p

dubstarr wrote: »
    I think a lot of times characters come in to soaps as baddies and they mellow.But a leopard never changes their spots.So Zak to revert back to type isnt that far fetched.Somebody like David who was never like that in teh first place wouldnt be capable i would say.#

I hate that saying because it is untrue. People do change! And I wouldnt say reverting to type is what he is doing at all. Its over forty years later and he is a completely different character in a completely different relationship!

they have ruined Zak and Lisa beyond repair and made Zak look weak. They seem to have done it for no other reason than they've run out of ideas, better more original ideas at least. It's probably inevitable that one day they'll get back together , unless one of them is leaving, so why do it? It isn't worth ruining them for a few months of misery before Zac begs forgiveness, and says it's the biggest mistake of his life, and Lisa forgives him.

Both Jane Cox and Steve Halliwell have criticised the story very much so publicy.

Also there is no chemistry between them. They seem so miserable and forced as a couple. Zak hasnt smiled in months and is completely different to the old Zak.

Sorry I HATE IT!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I agree tHEY dont work as a couple Joanie and Zak,plus wheres Kyle in all this.Its very sloppy writing.

Yes where is Kyle, we need scenes of him with daddy Cain

I thought Joanie would die in the big wedding disaster so Moira and Cain could take Kyle

dubstarr wrote: »

Sure David done the dirt many times when he first arrived!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

And now we'll have Paddy and Rhona rumble on with this silly "stick my phone in your face" BULL sh!t to show who he is getting texts from. By the very nature of his job he will be alone with a farmer's wife now and then. If he can get it on in the back of a Peugeot he can't be trusted in a hay barn.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think if Joanie had never moved in, there would have never been an affair and Zak would have never gone out of his way to have an affair but something happened in the fact that they were living together, I dont think its unrealistic though him having an affair with her but him proposing is a load of crap.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    I think if Joanie had never moved in, there would have never been an affair and Zak would have never gone out of his way to have an affair but something happened in the fact that they were living together, I dont think its unrealistic though him having an affair with her but him proposing is a load of crap.

And conveniently also sending Lisa off to granny Clegg
    The actor who plays Zak is leaving for a break not sure when

Joanie slaps Belle next week which Zak sees

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Now what is Chrissie up to with John McArdle the aging plumber? Earlier we had, "step-sister wants a favour from step-brother" and is thinking of a way to pay him, "step-daughter wants step-father to teach her to punch" so step-father needs to get close up behind her to show her. I'm wondering what the writer's last job was. :confused:

Seeds being sown for Zak to get cold feet on this wedding cobblers.

Yay!!! Aaron and Robert...

Robert has left 2 people to die in a few months and committed countless other morally questionable actions.

Maybe its just me but I can't fathom why anyone would root for his character even if they find the prospect of two good looking guys kissing!!!

Similar with Ross Barton!

Not a go at you btw, just fans of Robert and Ross in general

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Totally agree !! Great chemistry between them , :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

What happened in court tonight. ? I missed it!

Was Robert crying too in court

As bad as Robert can be I think he genuinely loves Aaron

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

What happened in court tonight. ? I missed it!
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was Robert crying too in court

As bad as Robert can be I think he genuinely loves Aaron

Liv stood up for Aaron in the court , not Gordon , great scenes , Robert and Aaron made up after the court in the back of the Woolpack, your heart would melt watching them :D I agree , I think Aaron is Roberts love , looks that way so far anyway , but great seeing them back on track :)

Oh and is it just me but is Robert looking a bit more casual lately? Looks well anyway!

I don't think Andy is as keen on Chrissie as she is on him :p

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Liv stood up for Aaron in the court , not Gordon , great scenes , Robert and Aaron made up after the court in the back of the Woolpack, your heart would melt watching them :D I agree , I think Aaron is Roberts love , looks that way so far anyway , but great seeing them back on track :)

Oh and is it just me but is Robert looking a bit more casual lately? Looks well anyway!

Ya I think Robert has been looking the best he ever has, the shorter haircut really suits him.

• Advertisement

I disagree that it's out of character. He has cheated and played away in the past, that's how Cain was born, when he cheated on Nellie with Shadrach's missus, Faith. And he wasn't long divorced to Nellie before he got with Lisa in the first place.

Didnt he feck off to Peru or Chile one year for months on end too?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Felt so awkward and uncomfortable between Chrisse and her possible father. It was like at times they were coming on to one another.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Felt so awkward and uncomfortable between Chrisse and her possible father. It was like at times they were coming on to one another.

I actually think she's got the whole thing mixed up, I actually think that man was in a relationship with Lawrence and is not her biological father.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I actually think she's got the whole thing mixed up, I actually think that man was in a relationship with Lawrence and is not her biological father.

Thinking back your probably spot on

I'm sure Lisa said the decree came through so they are legally divorced

I was wrong as Dan made a comment to Zak of him not being divorced yet

Gordon goes down

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I've caught up on last night's episodes now. Pearl was very funny about the interviews. Totally over the top, but I enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I was wrong as Dan made a comment to Zak of him not being divorced yet

I think the 'decree nisi' comes first, which was probably what Lisa mentioned, and then the 'decree absolute' later. Am no expert :D but they are not finally divorced until the 'absolute' comes through, afaik.

I was cringing watching Zak taking the stuff from the house, especially the money pot. I just hate what has been done to his character.
    And no doubt Eric paid him far less than what it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Didnt he feck off to Peru or Chile one year for months on end too?

He did for nearly a year, because Steve Halliwell wanted a break, but he was off in search of gold or something because some other never-before-seen Dingle had found a treasure map or something. It was a ridiculous storyline.

I don't mind him going off with Joanie instead of Lisa for awhile - I know it really seems to annoy a lot of people here, but Zack and Lisa weren't getting decent storylines as a couple anymore, so sometimes the best thing to do is split them up. I don't really care for him being with Joanie either though - it'd be great to see him split with her and then fly solo for a year or so as he re-builds bridges with the Dingles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Yes!

Delighted for the scum.

Was so hoping he would be found guilty. So happy for Aaron.

Knew they may decide to find him not guilty for realism, but really didn't want that, as it may give out the wrong message to other rape survivors, so very happy they went with guilty :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement