Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Justice prevails finally yay

I thought Kerry was a mate of Lisa, she is annoying me this sticking up for Joanie who didn't want her having anything to do with Kyle at first :mad:

I hope Aaron gets his relationship with Paddy back on track, Paddy loves him like a son

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Ah Jesus these Aaron scenes seriously have me in bits.

You 'got justice for that little boy'. So true, and yeah he's a fictional character but seriously so proud of Aaron.

Danny (Aaron) is such a brilliant actor

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Only got to see last nights episode there now , delighted with the verdict , and with the last scene with Aaron and Robert , very real in thinking that the verdict would make all the pain go away but it doesn't . Awards all round please to Emmerdale :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

If only Robert had the empathy that he has for Aaron not to leave two people to die and attempt to murder a few others. Nice guy, deserves love.

And if only Aaron had the principles and respect he has shown for himself by going to the police about the abuse then perhaps he may think twice about entering a relationship with a guy who has tried to kill his mother, father figure and forced him to leave his mate's wife and his mother's best friend to die in a cold barn and lie to the police!!! And, now that I think of it, didn't Robert even threaten Aaron he would kill him!!!! Admirable principles!! #thethingsyoudoforash@g

Smurfs_JNK_Happy_Endings_Gray_Shirt_POP.jpg

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    very real in thinking that the verdict would make all the pain go away but it doesn't

Agreed.

Some really good points in this article also: http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/15/emmerdale-10-reasons-aarons-abuse-is-one-of-the-most-powerful-soap-stories-ever-5819660/

Exceptionally well done storyline.

Agreed.

Some really good points in this article also: http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/15/emmerdale-10-reasons-aarons-abuse-is-one-of-the-most-powerful-soap-stories-ever-5819660/

Exceptionally well done storyline.

Excellent link and just goes to show and prove that the storyline was researched and portrayed in a very real way . Credit to all involved .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Twice I've wanted to reach into Emmerdale and give a character a hug.

Aaron and David.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

I see they've extended the Ashley dementia storyline saying they wanted a few more chapters out of it and to give it its "due". At the moment it is heartbreaking and extremely well written and acted but I hope by dragging it out it doesn't diminish the impact and empathy the viewers have. If it goes on to long it may end up like so many other storylines and viewers may lose interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

piperh wrote: »
    I see they've extended the Ashley dementia storyline saying they wanted a few more chapters out of it and to give it its "due". At the moment it is heartbreaking and extremely well written and acted but I hope by dragging it out it doesn't diminish the impact and empathy the viewers have. If it goes on to long it may end up like so many other storylines and viewers may lose interest.

Going to quick would be unbelievable, don;t know much about the story but would be surprised if the sudden change in him at the wedding is how it plays out in reality.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Going to quick would be unbelievable, don;t know much about the story but would be surprised if the sudden change in him at the wedding is how it plays out in reality.

Vascular dementia can vary massively and it depends a lot on TIAs, how often how big and how quick they are caught. So many things can affect it it's hard to put a timescale to it could be 10 years but could be 1 yr.

My concern is if they drag it out to long viewers could lose interest and not give the story or the acting the credit it deserves. A yr is fine 2/3/4 and it becomes to long.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I think the plan is to extend his contract long enough for him to finish up filming before Christmas, so that his final scenes should air around February/March, which I feel is the right amount of time to give the story - it means they're not rushing it, not dragging it out for years and years, but giving enough time to do the story right and give a decent send off to a character who's been in the show for 20 years. With other storylines going on as well it means they can dip in and out of Ashley's story without cramming it all into a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I didn't expect a big exit for Penis Le Cluasa. How long is he going for, anybody know? He packed a lot of stuff, normally it's just a holdall. He looked out the back window but was it not obscured with the fridge in the back? Rhona must have went inside and left Leo outside alone. :eek:

Is Paddy gone to Germany?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Paddy gone to Germany?

Yep , off he went on his own :(

Don't think Robert and Aaron are going to get much time on their own with Liv around :pac: Good character though , glad she's being kept and not just in the show for the Court case scenes, be nice to see how her character develops.

Rhona and Pierce , just WTF :eek: Don't like it.

A very bad idea Rhona letting Pierce stay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

A very bad idea Rhona letting Pierce stay

And ridiculous, even by soap standards.

I wonder is Paddy going to return shortly, or is the actor taking a break.

Am not a Marlon fan, but for once, I thought he was convincing in his sadness at parting with Leo.

Could Debbie really take the children away, and not let Andy know where they are, or even that they are okay? I hate the fact that Holly is now going to get a chance to get involved in that storyline. Cannot understand why she has been brought back. Very weak actress, she would fit much better in Corrie, in its present state.

Why is Rishi giving Joanie money for a ring, are they that close in such a short period of time plus his own son in law is broke :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Why is Rishi giving Joanie money for a ring, are they that close in such a short period of time plus his own son in law is broke :mad:

I think he likes her, if she wasn't going out with Zak, I think he might have asked her out.

• Advertisement

Rhona can be such a nasty cow, throwing Pearl out, having a go at Vanessa and saying she's no friend, making decisions to take Leo away and making Marlon feel bad so he agrees and then deciding to go without notice so he has no time to say goodbye. Deciding to stay and then let a deranged stranger stay in the same house as her son, Snapping at Marlon when he points out it's nuts.

I love how Debbie is always good and right especially with all the other Dingles, she did even ask Cain do whatever it took to keep Ross away from her wedding :mad: and now Andy (while I am not his biggest fan, think he has far outstayed his welcome on the show) can't see his kids or know their whereabouts because Ross shot Robert for him

Cain should concentrate on Kyle and let Andy know his kids location so he can visit them then perhaps he can take Chrissie with him and leave her there

Why is everyone protecting Kirin, just tell the truth and were Marlon and Vanessa always this close :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

And no doubt, the original ring will reappear the minute a new one is purchased. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

That liv one is some brat, demanding money for a taxi, and what is she 12? I'd be like ur getting the bus and get used to it.

Mon 2 May
    Ashley's devastated when he receives a call to say Edna has died

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 36,147 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Who knew Belle had such an interesting in BBC
    Thought she was a ITV girl for life.

Oh please Andy leave Chrissie in France and has she forgot her sex pest son Lachlan who minds him with Lawrence also away

Belle is annoying

Belle is annoying

She looks so young, the scenes with her and Dr. Bailey are not nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

She looks so young, the scenes with her and Dr. Bailey are not nice

I don't know how he could think she's older, maybe 19/20 at a stretch, still very young.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement