Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

It's a pity Natalie Anderson left for a couple of reasons. I think this cancer storyline would have been better within a relationship taking in his future health and having children etc. It was done years back in Casualty with Will Mellor but it would be a good storyline for a new generation like girls checking their boyfriends, wives checking husbands etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Why is Chas so nice and welcoming to Robert after he tried to kill her and Paddy and more or less killed her best friend?

Ah, he is going to bed with her son.

Fair enough.

Joke writing!

Why is Chas so nice and welcoming to Robert after he tried to kill her and Paddy and more or less killed her best friend?

Fair enough.

Joke writing!

He cares for Aaron

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Fair enough.

Joke writing!

Debbie also tried to kill her, they are very forgiving in soap land.

He cares for Aaron

Ah, come on Tajd!!

you see this is the type of justification of this redemption for Roberts character that sums it up!! Aaron is a grown man. A character like Chas shouldnt/wouldnt/couldnt forgive someone (or even let him within a mile of her house, never mind sleep in it!!) for murdering her friend, attempting to murder her other friend and hiring an assasin to shoot her just because he "cares for her 25 year old son!!"

Ridiculous if you ask me!

They went too far with Roberts character being this evil killer when he returned and now they are trying to backtrack!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I missed some episodes this week. Did Charity do some deal with Robert?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I missed some episodes this week. Did Charity do some deal with Robert?

Yes, Lawrence paid Robert off with 500,000 and Charity sold her business to buy the pub and Lawrence signed a contract with Charity but now must work with Robert on some events thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ah, come on Tajd!!

you see this is the type of justification of this redemption for Roberts character that sums it up!! Aaron is a grown man. A character like Chas shouldnt/wouldnt/couldnt forgive someone (or even let him within a mile of her house, never mind sleep in it!!) for murdering her friend, attempting to murder her other friend and hiring an assasin to shoot her just because he "cares for her 25 year old son!!"

Ridiculous if you ask me!

They went too far with Roberts character being this evil killer when he returned and now they are trying to backtrack!

It is a soap , that's why we love it and watch it , might not always understand or like the way things play out , may seem too far fetched to some , but still we watch it for the entertainment and enjoyment it gives us :)

If I dissected every story line that I found somewhat unbelievable , I think I would give up watching altogether :pac:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It is a soap , that's why we love it and watch it , might not always understand or like the way things play out , may seem too fat fetched to some , but still we watch it for the entertainment and enjoyment it gives us :)

If I dissected every story line that I found somewhat unbelievable , I think I would give up watching altogether :pac:

I know its a soap. I'm just commenting on the script! Its a logical criticism to make on the script! The "its just a soap" excuse doesn't excuse the absurdness of her accepting him into her home!!

I know its a soap. I'm just commenting on the script! Its a logical criticism to make on the script! The "its just a soap" excuse doesn't excuse the absurdness of her accepting him into her home!!

I didn't mean it as a criticism towards you ,nor was "it's just a soap" an excuse but you just seemed to get so het up about it that i thought I'd make a little light hearted comment before you give yourself a coronary .

• Advertisement

I didn't mean it as a criticism towards you ,nor was "it's just a soap" an excuse but you just seemed to get so het up about it that i thought I'd make a little light hearted comment before you give yourself a coronary .

wasn't "het up" (whatever that means!)! Nor would it have any effect on my heart pulse!
    I just find it so amusing I seem to be the only one who doesn't find her characters forgiveness completely silly script writing.
    You have disected aspects of plots yourself in the past like everyone on this thread does! I didnt exactly disect too much to point out something obvious!

Anyway, thats just my opinion.

As you said, "just a soap" so I guess by this logic anything is viable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Yes, Lawrence paid Robert off with 500,000 and Charity sold her business to buy the pub and Lawrence signed a contract with Charity but now must work with Robert on some events thing.

Thanks Jamie.

It is a soap
    wasn't "het up" (whatever that means!)! Nor would it have any effect on my heart pulse!
    I just find it so amusing I seem to be the only one who doesn't find her characters forgiveness completely silly script writing.
    You have disected aspects of plots yourself in the past like everyone on this thread does! I didnt exactly disect too much to point out something obvious!

Anyway, thats just my opinion.

As you said, "just a soap" so I guess by this logic anything is viable!

Actually , if you look back at my first response to you , what I said was- It is a soap. You actually said "just a soap" , not me , just to clarify that point :)

And yep, we all have taken aspects of plots and talked about them , never said we didn't . All I said was that if i found myself getting so worked up over a storyline and found myself dissecting it to the core , I'd give up watching. Me personally. Did not say you.

Different opinions , I enjoy it for what it is , and people forgive a lot in real life also , that's all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

It is a soap , that's why we love it and watch it , might not always understand or like the way things play out , may seem too far fetched to some , but still we watch it for the entertainment and enjoyment it gives us :)

I agree completely.

Plus with the amount of sh1te that soap characters do to each other for the sake of drama written by writers, there'd be nothing much worth watching if no one ever let things go a little, since no one would be talking to each other :P

I agree completely.

Plus with the amount of sh1te that soap characters do to each other for the sake of drama written by writers, there'd be nothing much worth watching if no one ever let things go a little, since no one would be talking to each other :P

Exactly , I love Emmerdale , escape from reality at times :pac:
    And they're not afraid to have hard hitting , heart wrenching , story-lines that reflect what happens in real life also so i think there's a fair balance in creative license :)

Ross was really homophobic to Finn they right now with the lisp there

oh, how I wish it was Holly that used the sign language rather than that extra with Wendy in the cafe.

Her voice is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Robert didn't kill Katie, she fell and died for being a nosy snoop, ok he did leave her there and didn't call an ambulance :p

Chas has seen Robert support and help Aaron during the truth about Gordon coming out and I think she knows he does love Aaron and vice versa, so is tolerating him

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Plus Chas knew Robert was paying the "other victim" to come forward.So was involved in the deceit.So she cant come the moral highground to him.

Fair enough. You've all convinced me. The writing of Chas' and Roberts newly blossoming relationship and her allowing him to sleep and eat in her house is completely understandable.....! Sure it must be months at this this stage since he tried to kill her and Paddy and it's just over a year since Katie was killed. Glad she has got over it all at this stage!

• Advertisement

Pete's gorgeous.

Fair enough. You've all convinced me. The writing of Chas' and Roberts newly blossoming relationship and her allowing him to sleep and eat in her house is completely understandable.....! Sure it must be months at this this stage since he tried to kill her and Paddy and it's just over a year since Katie was killed. Glad she has got over it all at this stage!

What about her and Debbie? She tried to kill her as well. Why is it ok for her to get over Debbie killing her but not Robert?

fin12 wrote: »
    Pete's gorgeous.

its his eyes

What about her and Debbie? She tried to kill her as well. Why is it ok for her to get over Debbie killing her but not Robert?

That was all blamed on Cameron :p Dingles never in wrong

its his eyes

It's everything and he is such a lovely guy as well.

no, not ok to forgive her thoroughly either!

But that scenario was very different. Roberts motives were completely driven out of selfishness and pure maliciousness and were thought through and clearly lacking any sort of empathy whilst what the character of Debbie done was a relatively spontaneous reaction to finding out her (aunty....or whatever the familial tie is) and friend was having a long term affair with her fiance and was driven out of emotion and anger. I am not saying her reaction by holding her at gunpoint was extremely bad but in terms of the situation of what events drove her to the reaction, Debbie had the moral high ground over Chas whilst Roberts motives were driven out of protecting himself from being exposed.

He planned everything, didn't have control of the situation after setting it in motion (which he knew he wouldn't) and didnt have any empathy towards what he was doing. Only a few weeks ago he left Lawrence to die also so again the character clearly has no empathy towards anyone unless he is sleeping with them!

Looking at the Debbie's scenes, she appeared to be moreso scaring Chas and its hard to know if she even plans to kill her. Why wouldnt she just pull the trigger there and then? She was easily talked out of it whilst Robert dint give a toss!!

I dont think she forgave her anyway, they hated eachother for a couple of years AFAIR, whilst Chas has Robert almost living with her a few months later!!

They are very different situations. Both in terms of the events, the reaction of Debbie v Robert and Chas' reaction to what happened after the reaction of the two.

I'm not sure that they are comparable in that sense.

And just to reiterate, I am not saying what Debbie done was right nor how Chas has handled it realistic. I am merely responding to your suggestion they are similar.

And yes, I know its a soap before people harp on about that again!! But I am debating the script and character portrayals of said soap, which I assumed these forums are for!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

I'm really glad to see Chas as a mother put her son's needs first, especially with what Aaron has been through, and was also wonderful to see how well she supported him when he disclosed his abuse and in all that happened afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

So is Ronnie really Chrissie's dad?

When did Liv and Gaby become mates again :confused: texting each other in class

The Ashley scenes were well done

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    When did Liv and Gaby become mates again :confused: texting each other in class

The Ashley scenes were well done

Teenage girls friends one minute bitches the next

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement