Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Yawning2.jpg

X1000!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Am I the only one who thinks it was rediculous of Joanie to ask Belle to be her bridesmaid? Speaking of the wedding. Can you really get re married that quickly in the UK or is just a soap thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Once the Decree Absolute has been granted and you have your cert you are free to remarry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm sick of this storyline with Belle.
    I know of no other soap who would actually cast someone to play the voices in someone's head.
    It's bizarre and frankly, belongs on something like Dallas or something.
    No wonder this thread's been quiet lately; I reckon even you die-hard fans are tiring of this drivel!

In other news, I'm so glad Chas got her hair cut. That straggly mane she was sporting for years did nothing for her.

My favourite character has and always will be Bob but now he's gone AWOL for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,733 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Moira ends her marriage to Cain because he tried to run James over :rolleyes: she should bloody reward him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Once the Decree Absolute has been granted and you have your cert you are free to remarry.
    Sadly it takes at least 4 years in ireland. Plus a lot of cash to solicitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭buswankers

I've actually given up on Emmerdale the past few weeks and the more episodes I've missed the less I seem to want to get back in to it. It's such a pity as the past few years it had really really been the best soap on the telly for me.

Storylines I cannot stand:
    Zak and Joanie, thought that entire thing was ridiculous. & now I read somewhere on here that Joanie asked Belle to be her bridesmaid?!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Belle storyline

Moira and Cain. If they put Cain back with Charity AGAIN :(

Andy & Chrissie - I thought that was just unbelievable from the word go

Holly. That's all I have to say on that subject!

Rant over :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

buswankers wrote: »
    I've actually given up on Emmerdale the past few weeks and the more episodes I've missed the less I seem to want to get back in to it. It's such a pity as the past few years it had really really been the best soap on the telly for me.

Zak and Joanie, thought that entire thing was ridiculous. & now I read somewhere on here that Joanie asked Belle to be her bridesmaid?!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Belle storyline

Same here, absolutely agree with everything you said.

I think it's gone off track completely. Still has some of the best actors and actresses of any soap, in my opinion, but the storylines are just pure baloney.

It's as if whoever is producing / writing now just doesn't 'get' the characters. The last time I watched was the evening Cain and Charity were kissing and Chas put a halt to them. That scene did not ring true to me at all. Cain and Charity are brilliant when giving one another grief. There is always the undercurrent of their shared past between them, and that makes their scenes very entertaining.
    Cain saying 'I'm here now'...and almost puckering up, no way, that just isn't how these characters behave!

Chas and Cain always play their scenes so well together, they actually make me believe in their troubled childhood, and the way they always stand up for one another as a result.

That scene was just crap, and that is no reflection on the actor / actresses involved.

I can't watch the Belle stuff, it just irritates me. I think she is a great actress, but what a load of sh1t is that storyline.
    Holly, enough already.
    Lisa and Zak should never have broken up. Andy and Chrissie should be written out.

Ok I will stop there, or this will be a complete sermon. :pac:

TL /DR Emmerdale is rubbish right now, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I think Lisa needs a man to make Zak jealous.He wont like that at all.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    buswankers wrote: »

The Belle storyline

Same here, absolutely agree with everything you said.

I think it's gone off track completely. Still has some of the best actors and actresses of any soap, in my opinion, but the storylines are just pure baloney.

It's as if whoever is producing / writing now just doesn't 'get' the characters. The last time I watched was the evening Cain and Charity were kissing and Chas put a halt to them. That scene did not ring true to me at all. Cain and Charity are brilliant when giving one another grief. There is always the undercurrent of their shared past between them, and that makes their scenes very entertaining.
    Cain saying 'I'm here now'...and almost puckering up, no way, that just isn't how these characters behave!

Chas and Cain always play their scenes so well together, they actually make me believe in their troubled childhood, and the way they always stand up for one another as a result.

That scene was just crap, and that is no reflection on the actor / actresses involved.

I can't watch the Belle stuff, it just irritates me. I think she is a great actress, but what a load of sh1t is that storyline.
    Holly, enough already.
    Lisa and Zak should never have broken up. Andy and Chrissie should be written out.

Ok I will stop there, or this will be a complete sermon. :pac:

TL /DR Emmerdale is rubbish right now, in my opinion.
    The little girl who is marlons child is an amazing actress. So cute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I still love Emmerdale - not really seeing the sharp decline that others seem to have seen. Apart from too much Chrissie and Andy (who are probably two of the weakest characters in the show, which wasn't as noticeable when they weren't together) recently, I'm liking all the storylines at the moment, and I think in the coming weeks the drama is going to start ramping up a bit again.

Love having Chas back after her short break away - both her and Lisa were great tonight, and Chas putting Charity, Aaron and Marlon in check was great to see. And if anything, we saw tonight, that there's very much still hope for Zak and Lisa...

Zak having a Ross Geller moment :p

Where is little Kyle and does Cain know Holly used his pi$$ for the drug test

• Registered Users Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Tracey and Vanessa will have the same dad who is in prison
    Looks like you are right, both meet at hospital next week visiting him

I hate that old dope zac. State of it.
    Poor lisa. Too good for him from day one.

The state of Chrissie, she just can't cut it as a villain

• Registered Users Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Is the hour episode a full time addition on Tuesdays??

What's the story with rodney s hair ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Joanie: "You and Zac had a connection Lisa"

Christ, thats observant.

Very disappointed that Zak and Joanie got married, poor Lisa

At least Cain, Mandy and Tina stayed away

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

I bet Rakesh will find out about Chrissie and Lachlan's web of lies pretty easily. He'll probably bribe them then to keep quiet and solve all his money problems!

• Advertisement

I am very disappointed in Lawrence after what he experience in prison letting an innocent man be framed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Aww poor Lisa, she's such a strong woman, they way she has treated Joanie is really admirable. She doesn't deserve what's happened to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

laylag wrote: »
    I bet Rakesh will find out about Chrissie and Lachlan's web of lies pretty easily. He'll probably bribe them then to keep quiet and solve all his money problems!

He has access to all the money in Rishis bank account now. No need to bribe anyone when he can just 'borrow' it.

He has access to all the money in Rishis bank account now. No need to bribe anyone when he can just 'borrow' it.

He will clean that out and I bet former cokehead Jai will be blamed

Poor Lisa, a brave woman, Zak is a idiot

Always Lisa Dingle sorry Joanie Dingle just no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

From tomorrow Lisa Lakely?

From tomorrow Lisa Lakely?

No always #LisaDingle

• Registered Users Posts: 36,146 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

With Lisa and Joanie getting on Zak could of had a three way relationship.

I think Zak will cheat on Joanie now with Lisa
    and with Belle's pregnancy lie exposed and her mental health issues arising again plus her running away, it will bring her parents closer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Zak will cheat on Joanie now with Lisa

That would be a stupid story at this stage, The damage is done in one of the most silly plots in the show ever, ruining a character like Zak. And it would further tarnish him if he was to suddenly get a eureka moment and realise he made a mistake.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement