Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rosedust84

That was far too obvious Carl dying...

Bye bye eye candy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Rosedust84 wrote: »
    That was far too obvious Carl dying...

Bye bye eye candy :(

Exactly,bit of a let down that it was carl that died,nearly too obvious from the start imo :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I can hardly type through the grief

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :(:(:(
    Why couldn't it have been that snake Cameron?????? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

So they double bluffed us all and made it so obvious we thought they wouldn't be that obvious and they went with the obvious.
    Everyone saw Carl after his row with Jimmy and some people then saw Jimmy so he is kinda off the hook.
    I wonder if the voicemails on Debbies phone on the end were from Carl? And the whole thing is caught on her voicemail?
    Chas knows she left Carl in a bad way and will think she did it and the wedding ring she threw away will be the evidence that will see her in the frame.
    Overall it was a decent enough episode, fair play to Gennie and Debbie - it can't have been easy faking birth scenes and they did well.
    There didn't seem to be too many glitches.
    Fair play to them. Might start watching it again now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Bob saw Jimmy and Carl fighting so my guess is Cameron finishes the job and kills Carl with Jimmy getting blamed

So close

Let down that it was Carl that died no shocks or surprises so of all the three soaps live episodes from Enders and Corrie this was the worst imo

Ah, it was obvious but at the same watching it tonight I thought who is it gonna be....even when Chas clunked him I thought, there's the red herring out of the way, now who's it really gonna be!

It was brilliant...so flawless...I flippin loved it...not the ending of course though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

So close

Let down that it was Carl that died no shocks or surprises so of all the three soaps live episodes from Enders and Corrie this was the worst imo

I was gutted the way they killed off Bradley in E'Enders but I have to disagree with you - this was the best live episode by far - esp Katie getting her face pushed into the cake (heh,
    heh) and Paddy's antics at Genies labour. Pretty flawless except for a few hesitant line deliveries and Edna stuffing up Ashley's name.

Have to say Dominic Power is a right ham though. Nerves, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

So they double bluffed us all and made it so obvious we thought they wouldn't be that obvious and they went with the obvious.
    Everyone saw Carl after his row with Jimmy and some people then saw Jimmy so he is kinda off the hook.
    I wonder if the voicemails on Debbies phone on the end were from Carl? And the whole thing is caught on her voicemail?
    Chas knows she left Carl in a bad way and will think she did it and the wedding ring she threw away will be the evidence that will see her in the frame.
    Overall it was a decent enough episode, fair play to Gennie and Debbie - it can't have been easy faking birth scenes and they did well.
    There didn't seem to be too many glitches.
    Fair play to them. Might start watching it again now :D

No way they over acted it, I have given birth 3 times and wasn't roaring like that pair, they would frighten the bejesus out of any pregnant lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

I've never given birth but from what I've seen on other soaps it was no worse or no better than any of them.
    Most actresses doing labour scenes (live or recorded) scream their heads off so it wasn't unique to them :)

• Advertisement

I hope one of the Debbie's six messages is from Carl

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Well, I thought it was a good live episode they all did very well. Was obvious it be Carl but how it happened would be the only thing to keep us guessing and who done it! He naughty enough I thought he do something very serious to Chas he frightened the life out of the poor girl. So what will happen to her and Dan then?

The births were a hoot, the girls did really well. They one liners were gas. Nikil fainting ha ha ha. I thought some of it was quiet funny yet a few dark things did happen it it, sad ending though. I thought the weddings were good though, lots of drama!

What will happen next can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

So obvious it was going to be Carl alright but i was delighted.

If i recall correctly the man was involved in 3 deaths which were his Dad, his brother and that guy him and Jimmy buried on the building site so he got what he deserved IMO.

This was a long time coming.

Daisy M wrote: »

No way they over acted it, I have given birth 3 times and wasn't roaring like that pair, they would frighten the bejesus out of any pregnant lady.

I think the girl who plays Debbie has had a baby in real life (with the actor who plays David) so I'd say she knows what its like, but they always ham it up for the cameras. A birth scene in a live episode must be so daunting, some of the sounds they make it must be so hard for them all not to laugh :D

washiskin wrote: »
    I was gutted the way they killed off Bradley in E'Enders but I have to disagree with you - this was the best live episode by far - esp Katie getting her face pushed into the cake (heh,
    heh) and Paddy's antics at Genies labour. Pretty flawless except for a few hesitant line deliveries and Edna stuffing up Ashley's name.

Have to say Dominic Power is a right ham though. Nerves, maybe?

Awful actor imo

Maybe if Carl getting killed off wasnt so obvious or the leaked spoilers of a death beforehand and it was a shocking surprise it would have been better

The fella who plays Carl and the actress who plays Chas were great. I really liked Carl and Chas a couple and hoped for a reunion for them as like Cain and Charity they had great chemistry. Loved the hospital scenes with Debbie, Cain, Zak and Charity.

The fella who plays Paddy was a hoot tonight

Ya I know what you mean, I thought the birth scenes were a hoot. Never given birth myself but thought they were hilarious all the same.

Really you serious David and Debbie? Wouldn't really put them two together even in real life, so she they had a child together then? Wow, she seems so young though. Of course the play it up a bit to the cameras. They seemed like chuffed daddies when the babies were born! Nice that Debbie's child going to be called Jack!

Often think debbie and charity look very similar in real life you mistake them for being related in real life!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I hope one of the Debbie's six messages is from Carl

Wasn't Carl sending (or trying to send) the photo when Cameron appeared for their final showdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Daisy M wrote: »

Was LOL watching as I had one vdelivery and roared like that if not more, so much so that my throat was raw, so obviously you are more a lady than me

poor Debble I hope she will not hear to much on the voice mails. I was hoping Charity and Cain would take phone to canteen and bring righteous vengence on Cameron . In a way I feel sorry for Chas

Katie is way tougher thn she looks a right hard b****h I thought tonight. Money has corrupted her I think

Well done emmerdale

Lisha wrote: »
    Was LOL watching as I had one vdelivery and roared like that if not more, so much so that my throat was raw, so obviously you are more a lady than me

poor Debble I hope she will not hear to much on the voice mails. I was hoping Charity and Cain would take phone to canteen and bring righteous vengence on Cameron . In a way I feel sorry for Chas

Katie is way tougher thn she looks a right hard b****h I thought tonight. Money has corrupted her I think

Well done emmerdale

She is no Kim Tate, Tina or Charity Dingle now they were b*tches who ruled well in Home Farm plus she makes a terrible partner for Declan imo

Well done emmerdale

Ya thought that too about katie!

hmmm true, I do as well I hope Chas be ok. Ya cameron gave the final blow but carl did try to send the pics on his phone whether it be to debbie or not I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i thought the eastenders one was better

She is no Kim Tate, Tina or Charity Dingle now they were b*tches who ruled well in Home Farm plus she makes a terrible partner for Declan imo

I agree but lately for the first time you could see her just loving the money and power even her banning Chas from reception was not katie-like I thought

In my opinion Kim Tate was the only real b**ch that had steel to the core

Also did Carl admit he killed his Dad to Chas tonight? did we know that before?

I agree but lately for the first time you could see her just loving the money and power even her banning Chas from reception was not katie-like I thought

In my opinion Kim Tate was the only real b**ch that had steel to the core

Also did Carl admit he killed his Dad to Chas tonight? did we know that before?

I can't recall kim tate, charity was a tate wasn't she? is she related to the dingles or is that just through cain/debbie?

Ya Carl did admit it to Chas tonight, he was saying he did it for her! :/

Kim Tate was married to Frank Tate, Charity was married to his son Chris Tate, (who is actress who plays Kim Tate husband in real life)

Think there was shenanagins with Charity sleeping with both chris and Frank at the same time.Classy bird Charity (I suspect Noah is Franks son actually am not sure at all )

Kim Tate was married to Frank Tate, Charity was married to his son Chris Tate, (who is actress who plays Kim Tate husband in real life)

Think there was shenanagins with Charity sleeping with both chris and Frank at the same time.Classy bird Charity (I suspect Noah is Franks son)

I remember the names but forgotten now who they are. So long ago. I remember a Chris alright. Oh right. Ah. So how she get with Cain = debbie?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

all )

Chris Tate the actor had a relationship with Bernice (Ashley's ex wife) in real life and afaik left Kim Tate (actress) for her but none of them are together any more.

deelite wrote: »
    Chris Tate the actor had a relationship with Bernice (Ashley's ex wife) in real life and afaik left Kim Tate (actress) for her but none of them are together any more.

Was kim a sister to the kings brothers? had berniece dark hair? So had Ashley been married before he married laurel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Chas and Carl were on top form tonight really enjoyed tonights
    episode hope its a winner in the ratings Rachel looked very nice shes pretty
    Kim Tate is number one on my list of all time biggest bitches

heres to another 40 years :):D

Rachel's outfit was lovely. Suited her.

• Advertisement

doovdela wrote: »
    I can't recall kim tate, charity was a tate wasn't she? is she related to the dingles or is that just through cain/debbie?

Ya Carl did admit it to Chas tonight, he was saying he did it for her! :/

Kim Tate

07104_175537_EMP5036565.jpg

Kim was married to Frank Tate she caused Frank's death she also had many affairs mainly with Dave Glover who was Katy's fiance

Charity was married to Frank's son Chris and she had an affair with Chris's sister Zoe and also Cain while married

Tina was hired by Frank as his pa to run Home Farm and annoy Kim

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement