Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Chris Tate was a legend!! :D

I was sad to see Carl killed tonight and to hear the actor didn't leave willingly. I liked Carl, I thought he was a great baddie and a character I'll miss. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ah I remember kim now. can't remember frank and chris and zoe. I remember charity had a kiss with a girl alright that must been zoe? Ah so that how she ended up with cain she had an affair with him and that resulted in debbie. I remember debbie having her first child, was she only 16 or something, can't remember how she got together with andy in the first place? She kept her first pregnancy hidden was it at a barn she had sara?

Carl is a good actor but won't miss him, liked him a few year back but his character has got very dark and haven't liked him as much since. He scared me a bit when he first came face to face with chas as she was about to drive the van and he appeared in front of her at the windscreen. That was just freaky. He had an evil look in his eyes, think he deserved some kind of comeuppance.
    Was gas when he said 'i'm invincible'! He did make a good baddie though in the end!

So was chas the love of his life, whose the love of her life truly like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Taffy Kat

I don't usually watch soaps, but I keep an eye on them now-and-again - Coronation Street and Emmerdale mainly - at least there's a sense of humour to them, which is completely missing in Eastenders.

Last night's live episode was really good - I liked the hospital scenes, particularly Cain.

The Indian/Pakistani chap doesn't strike me as a particularly good actor, nor the guy who finished Carl off, but the other's were good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

What's the betting Cameron will get to the hospital before Debbie wakes up and deletes the messages off her phone before she sees them?
    I'm still gutted about Carl. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I enjoyed the live episode but I was disappointed that Carl's death was made so obvious and I thought the scene was a bit ridiculous especially when Carl was shouting about how invincible he was. The hospital scenes were great though; I really liked the interaction between Cain and Zak.

• Advertisement

hollypink wrote: »
    I enjoyed the live episode but I was disappointed that Carl's death was made so obvious and I thought the scene was a bit ridiculous especially when Carl was shouting about how invincible he was. The hospital scenes were great though; I really liked the interaction between Cain and Zak.

I thought him shouting about his indestructability was really good. It gave me the idea of a megalomaniac who truly believed he was something special. Remember also that Charity/Chastity had just given him a fair smack to the head which would have jiggled his brain a bit. I thought it was good. Admittedly, I only sporadically watch Emmerdale so maybe it didn't fit the character, maybe he wss just bad not mad, but its the impression it gave me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

i really enjoyed the live episode- delighted that skeeze carls been killed- i actually thought he was going to rape Chaz at one stage and i was behind the cushion like i was watching a horror

Paddy was gas..."I am a vet ill deliver this child" lol and he plastered

What i found the funniest was the faces Lizzy was pulling when Gennie was giving birth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

i really enjoyed the live episode- delighted that skeeze carls been killed- i actually thought he was going to rape Chaz at one stage and i was behind the cushion like i was watching a horror

What i found the funniest was the faces Lizzy was pulling when Gennie was giving birth

Haha I noticed lizzy's faces too! they were hilarious...I also loved when they asked who hadn't been drinking and lizzy put up here hand Lmfao

I thought it was actually cute writing too... They knew everyone would be watching the live episode to see who would make a mistake, and having Paddy twisted pulled attention away from that aspect, even though there weren't too many mistakes anyway. Even the one Edna made was handled well, she kind of played it like an elderly person who is a bit absent-minded, it was obvious it was a mistake but the actress handled it well, she could've panicked.

Oh I didn't notice Edna's mistake....I only noticed betty's stumble at the very beginning...what did Edna do? I might have another look at it on the player

• Advertisement

awww adam and victoria never thought they get together but they well suited I think!? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Taffy Kat wrote: »
    I thought it was actually cute writing too... They knew everyone would be watching the live episode to see who would make a mistake, and having Paddy twisted pulled attention away from that aspect, even though there weren't too many mistakes anyway. Even the one Edna made was handled well, she kind of played it like an elderly person who is a bit absent-minded, it was obvious it was a mistake but the actress handled it well, she could've panicked.

I thought that Edna was about to say hello Vicar, and then said hello Ashley, as she always referred to him as vicar never Ashley, before he left the role as vicar. I didn't think she made a mistake, maybe I was wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

I thought that Cain was excellent tonight, not his usual evil self. He was quite attractive, all cleaned up in the suit and being nice for a change. He has a gorgeous smile. I also liked Andy, I sort of felt sorry for him. That little baby boy was gorgeous. Cameron needs to get out of it now as he is real evil, jealous and a snake. I can't bear to look at him anymore. Katy's face covered in icing was very funny. I suppose Megan will get even one way or another, she is not the type to just sit back and take what Declan has dished up. Felt sorry for Robbie, what is he going to do now? He will have to leave and where will he go, with no mother to support him now.

I actually don't know what to make of Chas anymore. How on earth can she get by after all of this, Carl dead, Cameron like a demon, Dan realizing that she doesn't love him, and Diane going to sack her. Will she run away with Cameron? She can't really run away though, she is part of the furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Exactly,sometimes you'd wonder what else can happen Chas,she's been through nearly everything possible on the show, but I think she's a brilliant actress, tonights programme should be good :)

That Cameron is one terrible actor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Poor Jimmy ha his face tonight hes a softy who could believe
    he would seriously hurt his only living Brother :)
    Please Debbie get your phone charged quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

The sh1t is going to hit the fan now! Cain had had his suspicions of Cameron and now that they've been proved right, I just hope they have room in the morgue for another of Chas' exes.
    Surely when they were doing the technical examination of the scene they would have found Chas' wedding ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes Debbie knows I was on the edge of my seat waiting for her to check her phone cant wait for tomorrow and Cain to batter 50 shades of sh*te out of Cameron

How come the police didnt question Dan and Chas about why Carl went to their wedding? Dan thinks Chas was having an affair with him he could have told the police that

Did Gennie name her baby yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Did you say 2 people are going to die JP? Hopefully sneaky pants Cameron is the second one:)

ppink wrote: »
    Did you say 2 people are going to die JP? Hopefully sneaky pants Cameron is the second one:)

Damn the actor who plays Pollard claimed they'd be two deaths hopefully there is still time for Cameron to die :mad: or he got confused by two births and said two deaths :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

well I was just so bloody relieved when Debbie got that message! I was afraid it was going to drag on and on....with the phone getting lost or other stupid stuff! or that the creepy little twirp would cop on and delete the messages:(

so we have to wait and see now if there is another death:eek:.....at least it wont be Declan as he is safe on honeymoon:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭rubytuesday86

Why didn't Gennie and the baby have to go to hospital?

Poor Debbies face when she opened the messages :(

Why didn't Gennie and the baby have to go to hospital?

Poor Debbies face when she opened the messages :(

Because Dr Nikhil has a app :p

i hope Debbie goes to the pub with the baby and Cameron and Cain to see Chas and then the battle and fireworks commences

There be fireworks alright between debbie and chas and a showdown between cameron and cain I'd imagine!! Wonder will debs put two and two together think he was with chas or that he had something to do with carl??

Poor jimmy doesn't know what going to happen. Cam's statement is a bit all over the place he bount to get caught out but with chas's ring likely she be in the frame but cam thinks he off the hook with jimmy being arrested but chas might get off if a suspect as carl did frighten and threatened her and almost well did something against her will. Then of course he got two blows with a brick so either time could have done damage but likely it was cam's final blow that finally did it or else someone came in on top of it all as he still had time to send the messages to debbie!

At least debbie knows now, thought it all kick off as soon as but poor debbie the look on her face when she saw the photos. I feel so sorry for debbie and dan. Its true, Cameron isn't a great actor and he a bit of a snake you could see it in his eyes tonight and you could almost mistake carl for being really dead you can see the deadness in his eyes looked so real and scary! Poor Adam and Victoria had to see him first after their smooch! Glad they getting together!

Many of the villagers have motives but maybe it could be someone we don't know who did it but its likely cam is the likely one to have done it. Three have a guilty conscience so any of them could have actually killed him. I think cain or even debbie suspects cameron already!

Hopefully all go well for the new bundles and sara.

Hard to know who die next if there is a second one.

So is gennie a sister to chas? Isn't cain not a brother to chas? Charity isn't related to chas in anyway no? but chas is still an aunt to debbie and gennie's baby? So is gennie a dingle? I am getting all confused?

doovdela wrote: »

So is gennie a sister to chas? Isn't cain not a brother to chas? Charity isn't related to chas in anyway no? but chas is still an aunt to debbie and gennie's baby? So is gennie a dingle? I am getting all confused?

Chas and Cain are half siblings through their mother while Chas and Gennie are half siblings through their father (Shadrach) and Charity is a cousin to Cain and Chas as her father presumably was Zak and Shadrach's brother also

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Chas and Cain are half siblings through their mother while Chas and Gennie are half siblings through their father (Shadrach) and Charity is a cousin to Cain and Chas as her father presumably was Zak and Shadrach's brother also

Ah I was trying to figure out the family tree as I remember that cain and charity are cousin's like yet had debbie together? I remember shadrach, it not long since he left emmerdale. Ah I see now. So Lisa married Zak and they had Belle so its Zak is Charity's dad that can't be right as I thought Cain was Zak's son?? Sure it not the other way around that it be shadrach is charity's dad? I'm confused now....me thinks I should do a google search!

doovdela wrote: »
    Ah I was trying to figure out the family tree as I remember that cain and charity are cousin's like yet had debbie together? I remember shadrach, it not long since he left emmerdale. Ah I see now. So Lisa married Zak and they had Belle so its Zak is Charity's dad that can't be right as I thought Cain was Zak's son?? Sure it not the other way around that it be shadrach is charity's dad? I'm confused now....me thinks I should do a google search!

Zak and Shadrach are Charity's uncles

Cain is Zak's son even though he thought he Shadrach was his dad but found out some years back that Zak was his real dad

Wonder was the brick that killed Carl left behind by this man?? :)

frank_kelly.jpg

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Because Dr Nikhil has a app :p

i hope Debbie goes to the pub with the baby and Cameron and Cain to see Chas and then the battle and fireworks commences

Haahaa that made me chuckle :D

I cannot wait for tonight! Kick his murdering backside Cain! (never thought I'd side with Cain over anything)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Not sure how I missed this but when did Debbie see the message and what did it contain? I must have left the room or something when that happened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement