Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

The Village wont be the same without viv.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,080 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Emmerdale star Lyndon Ogbourne has revealed that fans can expect to see "terrifying" scenes in next week's episodes.

In a shock twist airing on October 21, viewers will watch as the actor's character Nathan Wylde gets kidnapped shortly after he has smugly given evidence at Ryan Lamb's (James Sutton) long-awaited murder trial.

As there are so many people in the village with a motive to cause Nathan pain, fans will be left to wonder who has taken this extreme measure as he lies frightened, bound and gagged in an abandoned barn.

Speaking about the moment that Nathan gets kidnapped, Ogbourne explained: "It's all very sudden when he's on his way home from the court."

Asked what it was like to film the gritty scenes, he added: "They were quite terrifying - both to make and to watch. They're the most exhausting and shocking scenes I've ever done on Emmerdale.

"Nathan's blindfolded and bundled into the back of a car. Then when he comes to, he doesn't have a clue where he is. He's tortured and is absolutely petrified. It's obvious the kidnapper is trying to make Nathan confess to the murder."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

i must admit i have started watching this soap because a friend recommended it to me on the strength of the aaron/jackson storyline, and OH MY GOD have i been hooked the last three weeks. i have even gone back and youtubed it for the backstory that i missed. that guy can act!!! janey MAC he is the most bestest cry-er, most convincing that is, in any soap i have ever seen in my life. and he is only 19!!!! well, i tell ya, emmerdale has me heart broken so it does :( absolutely brilliant though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

i must admit i have started watching this soap because a friend recommended it to me on the strength of the aaron/jackson storyline, and OH MY GOD have i been hooked the last three weeks. i have even gone back and youtubed it for the backstory that i missed. that guy can act!!! janey MAC he is the most bestest cry-er, most convincing that is, in any soap i have ever seen in my life. and he is only 19!!!! well, i tell ya, emmerdale has me heart broken so it does :( absolutely brilliant though :)

calm down love - its only onions/ vicks rubbed under his eyes. anyone can do it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love the Jackson and Aaron story too. As much as I like realism in soaps I'm still secretly hoping Jackson will have a miracle recovery and he and Aaron will live happily ever after. :o

• Advertisement

So whose has Nathan - Cain or Declan - anyways I hope the truth comes out soon enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So whose has Nathan - Cain or Declan - anyways I hope the truth comes out soon enough

You are forgetting the possibility of it being the Female prison warden

The girlfriend makes me watch it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

You are forgetting the possibility of it being the Female prison warden

The girlfriend makes me watch it :p
    i didnt forget about her, but its leaning towards cane though. poor nathen.

Emmerdale star Lucy Pargeter has hinted that her character Chas Dingle may start fighting "really dirty" once she discovers the infidelity of her partner Carl.

In next week's episodes of the ITV1 soap, Chas finds a mystery bra at Mill Cottage and realises that Carl (Tom Lister) must be having an affair. After some detective work, she later finds out that Eve is his other woman.

Discussing how Chas reacts to the shock discovery, Pargeter explained: "Her knee-jerk reaction is to confront Carl and Eve. But Charity stops her, telling her she must look at the bigger picture. [Charity says] Chas should go all out to get revenge - Chas eventually agrees.

"She's very hurt but can see the sense in what Charity's saying and she wants to make him pay!"

Meanwhile, asked how Chas plans to get even, the actress replied: "Initially, it's just little things. She can't resist - at the village bonfire, she sticks a toffee apple in Eve's hat when Eve's not looking and all the toffee gets stuck to her hair!

"Next on her list is Carl. She ups her game, sneaks into his office and deletes all the files on his computer. Not surprisingly, Carl's extremely annoyed. But Charity's constantly on at her to up her game and to start playing really dirty."

Suzanne Shaw, who plays Eve, recently revealed that there will be "a big lead-up to Christmas Day" as the love triangle storyline progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Cant wait for tomorrows hour long episode. Havnt a clue what is going to happen but what I THINK might happen is that Ryan is going to be found guilty but at the same time Maisie is going to find out that her mother and not her brother killed Mark so she is going to have to decide if she can really shop her own mother to the police.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

have to say that i have never liked emmerdale as much as i do now, i stopped watching it for a year but i dont know why , think it was the eastenders archie storyline :p

gazzer wrote: »
    Cant wait for tomorrows hour long episode. Havnt a clue what is going to happen but what I THINK might happen is that Ryan is going to be found guilty but at the same time Maisie is going to find out that her mother and not her brother killed Mark so she is going to have to decide if she can really shop her own mother to the police.

I would say that if Maisie does find out that it was her mother that killed Mark, she will have no problem in shopping her to the cops. It is kind of obvious that something like this is going to happen as Natasha is going out of the programme soon. Would think Nathan will be done for withholding information.

Good episode tonight- GUILTY! Uh-oh, Nathan is in trouble now! :D

Natasha Wylde finally discovers that her son Nathan is being held captive by Cain in tonight's climactic episode of Emmerdale, forcing her to make a life-changing decision.

Last night, viewers saw Ryan Lamb found guilty of murdering his father Mark as the jury delivered a shock verdict - leaving Natasha to think that her nightmare was finally over.

However, when Natasha learns of Nathan's predicament in tonight's hour-long edition of the ITV1 soap, she ends up facing a massive dilemma as the tale of Mark's murder takes its final twists.

Will Natasha turn Nathan into the police and frame him for Mark's death? Will she escape justice by doing a runner before the truth comes out? Or could she turn herself in and finally confess that she was responsible for her husband's grisly fate?

550w_soaps_emmerdale_nathan_and_natasha_wylde_27_10.jpg

550w_soaps_emmerdale_nathan_and_natasha_wylde_27_10_2.jpg

Speaking of tonight's episode, Natasha's portrayer Amanda Donohoe commented: "Natasha didn't really plan for Ryan to be set up for the murder, it was down to Nathan. But as events have got out of control, she's had to get on with it out of sheer desperation.

"When Ryan was found guilty, she thought it was all over, but in tonight's episode events take a drastic turn."

Emmerdale's hour-long special airs tonight at 7pm on ITV1.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Wow, Andy Sugden's arms were nearly bursting open the sleeves on his tshirt! My god, he must lift a LOT of sheep to keep those babies in shape!

Oh i hope i dont develop a crush.....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Hell Chas had the boobs on display tonight. Great set. Great looking woman in fairness.

Best episode in ages.

Adele Silva is to return to ITV soap Emmerdale next year.

The 29-year-old, who played the glamourous Kelly Windsor between 1993 and 2000 before reprising the role in 2005 until 2007, will make her comeback to the show following a stint searching for acting work in Los Angeles.

Silva told the Daily Mail: "I absolutely loved playing Kelly. She's going to be three years older but probably not three years wiser! Whenever Kelly is around she's always caught up in something which makes her a lot of fun.

"I'm really looking forward to working with the new, talented cast as well as catching up with old friends. The chance to come back was just too good an opportunity to turn down."

Kelly was last seen splitting up with Nick Miles's Jimmy after he found out that she had aborted their unborn child in order to sign a modelling deal. It is expected that Kelly's return will come at a cost for Jimmy, now living with his wife Nicola and daughter Angelica.

Emmerdale's series producer Gavin Blyth added: "Kelly is as manipulative and destructive as ever and there will be no going back from the damage she looks set to cause to Jimmy. The story will ensure an explosive start to 2011 for Emmerdale."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Adele Silva is to return to ITV soap Emmerdale next year.

Does she return before or after Viv leaves. Cant see the point of her coming back if it's after. No Viv, Donna or Scott. And Jimmy is well shot of her; himself and Nicola are perfect together.

I never liked Kelly

She always played the sulky bitch well.

• Advertisement

Why did Kelly (the character) leave Emmerdale? I think it was Jimmy related but I can't remember..

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ms.c

she had an abortion in order to take a modelling job

I'm sure Nico can handle her and fight for her Jimmy

Rhona is pregnant by Marlon and Chas fakes a pregnancy to Carl

Oooooh, sounds intriguing.

Very sad episode tonight, poor Jackson. :(

IS there a better soap than Emmerdale, Brilliant acting, brilliant story lines and when they do comedy they do it brilliant as well.

It must be terribly hard for the actor playing Jackson to portray all that emotion while lying in a bed, not moving anything except his head. He's great.
    Tonight's episode was so sad for Aaron, but Jackson's anger was bound to be directed towards Aaron at some stage unfortunately. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

they have my heart broken. i was hoping against hope that jackson would be okay, but no... so sad,

In one way, I'm glad they were realistic and didn't have a miracle recovery.. but on the other hand, I did secretly want him to recover- even the use of his hands. Paralysis from the neck/shoulders down seems so cruel. :(

I assume the character won't stay too much longer now. Aside from Chris Tate (LOVED him!!) once a character ends up in a wheelchair, they usually either
    (a) make a miracle recovery and are hopping around on crutches before long (not in Jackson's case sadly..) or
    (b) end up leaving to go to a rehab facility or something, never to be heard of again.

Although I heard rumours that
    Jackson will end up asking Aaron to take his own life for him. :(

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    In one way, I'm glad they were realistic and didn't have a miracle recovery.. but on the other hand, I did secretly want him to recover- even the use of his hands. Paralysis from the neck/shoulders down seems so cruel. :(

I assume the character won't stay too much longer now. Aside from Chris Tate (LOVED him!!) once a character ends up in a wheelchair, they usually either
    (a) make a miracle recovery and are hopping around on crutches before long (not in Jackson's case sadly..) or
    (b) end up leaving to go to a rehab facility or something, never to be heard of again.

Although I heard rumours that
    Jackson will end up asking Aaron to take his own life for him. :(

The lad that plays Jackson signed a new contract recently, so he must be staying put for a while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement