Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

until april. who knows if it will be renewed beyond that

his name is mark silcock btw :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

He's NOT called Mark, his name is JACKSON!!
    ;)

agreed. godammit!!! i want time to turn back and him to be okay :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Posy wrote: »
    ;)

The actors name os Mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I definately think that the storyline with Jackson is going to develop into him asking Aaron and Hazel to help him die. He is going to be on screen until April so I think the storyline will play out until then.

Between this storyline, Holly's heroin addiction and Chaz's revenge on Carl Emmerdale is THE best soap at the moment.

gazzer wrote: »
    I definately think that the storyline with Jackson is going to develop into him asking Aaron and Hazel to help him die. He is going to be on screen until April so I think the storyline will play out until then.

Between this storyline, Holly's heroin addiction and Chaz's revenge on Carl Emmerdale is THE best soap at the moment.

Why would he want to die, and why would people think he would want to die. Not all disabled people would think that way. OK a disabled person meets challenges everyday of the week, but they learn to find ways around them. I would prefer to see the scriptwriters go down such a route.

Posy wrote: »
    ;)
    Deise Tom wrote: »
    The actors name os Mark.
    Sorry, that was me just joking- not wanting to believe it's not real and so forth. :pac:

I personally, as I mentioned about Chris Tate, would like to see the storyline fleshed out and the character to remain to the point where it's not just about his disability, rather it be about him going forward in a direction he had not expected and continuting to live his life.
    why would people think he would want to die
    Unfortunately, it's been rumoured on Emmerdale websites and Digital Spy for a few weeks now that this will conclude as an assisted suicide storyline. I hope it's not true, though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

gazzer wrote: »

I completely agree! Chaz is so funny! A great bit of light relief alongside Holly's story. I think that is being done really well actually. And Im glad to see a soap doing the drug story in this context, Im not sure if it has been done before.

Emmerdale is my favourite these days. Im so glad its on so often! :o

I completely agree! Chaz is so funny! A great bit of light relief alongside Holly's story. I think that is being done really well actually. And Im glad to see a soap doing the drug story in this context, Im not sure if it has been done before.

Emmerdale is my favourite these days. Im so glad its on so often! :o

Emmerdale is brilliant at doing storylines like that. The coming out story with Jackson and Aaron was also well done as was the subsequent disability story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,080 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Emmerdale star Emma Atkins has admitted that she will be sad to share fewer scenes with her screen partner Jeff Hordley next year.
    The actress has previously hinted that their characters Charity and Cain are heading for a split in the months ahead, paving the way for a possible new romance between Charity and Jai Sharma (Chris Bisson).
    Speaking to Holy Soap, Atkins explained: "Cain and Charity are ready for a bit of a change, and in some ways I agree - some ways I don't because I will miss working closely with Jeff.
    "We get on so well, and we're like brother and sister. So I'll miss that, but I think it will be good for us both as actors to work with other people anyway."
    She continued: "I'm due to do a lot of work with Chris Bisson. Our characters come together in a business situation. I don't know if they're going to turn that, maybe, into a more personal situation - watch this space."
    Fans recently saw Charity and Cain's daughter Debbie (Charley Webb) return to the village after quitting her job in Jersey.

Thats a shame since they work so well together :(

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Thats a shame since they work so well together :(

Yeah, I always thought they were a great, feisty couple. :(

Lives will be lost in Emmerdale in the New Year when a massive fire causes terror and tragedy, it has been announced.

The shock new storyline will see a blaze rip through a row of cottages in the heart of the village in some of the soap's most spectacular scenes ever.

Show bosses have confirmed that at least two characters will perish in the inferno, although the identities of the casualties will be kept closely under wraps until transmission.

Betty Eagleton (Paula Tilbrook), Chas Dingle (Lucy Pargeter) and Gennie Walker (Sian Reese-Williams) are just three of the villagers who have been named as possible victims of the flames.

Brenda Walker (Lesley Dunlop) and Terry Woods (Billy Hartman) will also be in danger when the fire spreads to their home, while Viv Hope (Deena Payne) is another show favourite whose life may be left on the line.

In a further twist, the aftermath of the blaze will see the distressing discovery that the fire was no accident. As the survivors mourn the dead, they must deal with the disturbing realisation that an arsonist has struck and could be among them.

Speaking of the storyline, Emmerdale's series producer Gavin Blyth commented: "This is going to be one of the most dramatic and tragic events ever to rock Emmerdale and no-one will be untouched by the fire's devastating consequences.

"The whole village will be thrown together for these gripping and heart-wrenching episodes which will launch us into an unmissable 2011."

Emmerdale's arson plot will air in the middle of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Ah for flip sake, they only just had the church on fire last year. What are the chances of another bigger fire! Sounds like a bit of a lame storyline, nobody should live in that village, it's far too dangerous :pac::D

Ah for flip sake, they only just had the church on fire last year. What are the chances of another bigger fire! Sounds like a bit of a lame storyline, nobody should live in that village, it's far too dangerous :pac::D

It is very similar to Hollyoaks recent fire

Anyways Viv is going so expect her to be one of the deaths

'Emmerdale- Britain's most flammable Village.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

zimovain wrote: »

RIP :(

Does anyone else fancy John and Declan both are DILFs :o

So glad Nathan the smug git is gone with nothing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Could somebody please explain to me what is going on with the girl who is locked in the room coming off heroin I think? Is the woman with the dark hair secretly giving her some or something like that?

Could somebody please explain to me what is going on with the girl who is locked in the room coming off heroin I think? Is the woman with the dark hair secretly giving her some or something like that?

Holly's mother Moira is still giving her drugs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Why is she doing that?

Where is she getting the money for them, she has not worked in the pub with a while. Will we learn something about Moira in the weeks ahead.

Where is she getting the money for them, she has not worked in the pub with a while. Will we learn something about Moira in the weeks ahead.

She gets arrested for drug possession soon and John finds out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Holly looked too well last night, I didn't think Moira was giving her that much drugs? So surely she should be either off her head or in withdrawl? She seemed very sane and bright suddenly.

Emmerdale's Rhona Goskirk will discover that her unborn baby is likely to have Down's Syndrome in a forthcoming storyline, it has been revealed.

The plotline will see Rhona - played by Zoe Henry - face a tough dilemma as she must decide whether to continue with the pregnancy or have a termination.

Rhona receives the news at a time when she is already nervous about what the future may hold as she tries to keep the baby's father Marlon (Mark Charnock) happy while continuing her relationship with his best friend Paddy Kirk (Dominic Brunt).

Speaking to Inside Soap, Henry explained: "The news knocks Rhona off her feet. She hadn't even entertained the idea that anything might be 'wrong', as she sees it, with the child.

"Rhona's been more preoccupied with leaving Marlon, the baby's dad, and starting a new relationship with Paddy. She never thought she'd be in this position."

The actress added: "I really feel for the woman. I predict that the next few weeks will feature lots of angst and tears as the three of them try to come to a decision."

Rhona's new storyline will begin later this month.

Another brilliant storyline from the Emmerdale team. Keep them coming.

Lets hope that Rhona keeps the baby.

John walks out on his family in tonight's Emmerdale double bill, unable to cope with the pressures of Holly's drug addiction for any longer.

As Holly's agitation increases due to her latest withdrawal symptoms, John cannot understand why she's in such a bad way - prompting Adam to tell him the truth about how Moira has been providing her with fresh supplies.

John hits the roof when he hears the disturbing news and when he confronts Moira upon her return home, things get worse as she reveals that she was arrested.

Struggling to see a way out of the mess that his family is in, John furiously announces that he can't take it any more and storms out. Can the Bartons ever recover from this fresh crisis?

550w_emmerdale_5779_2.jpg

Emmerdale airs tonight at 7pm and 7.30pm on ITV1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

The storyline with Holly is outstanding.

The girl playing Holly is a fantastic actor and is really putting in a stunning performance. Big future ahead of her.

Has the actress that plays Declan's wife (ex?) been on tv before. Who is she.

• Advertisement

Has the actress that plays Declan's wife (ex?) been on tv before. Who is she.

Corrinne Wicks who plays Ella was in Doctors

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement