Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hate Priya actually hate all the Sharmas except Charity, Archie and Noah

Ya Archie is sound out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Emmerdale actor Jeff Hordley has confirmed that his character Cain Dingle won't be staying out of trouble in the months ahead.

Cain has tried to tone down his bad boy antics since settling down with Moira Barton this year, but may find himself with something to prove when the new Barton arrivals move into Butler's Farm.

Viewers have already been introduced to James and Ross Barton (Bill Ward and Michael Parr), while Pete and Finn (Anthony Quinlan and Joe Gill) make their first appearances next week.

Speaking to TV Times about Cain's future, Hordley explained: "We're in a real purple patch at Emmerdale. We've got this amazing producer, Kate Oates, who knows how to tell stories and pace them correctly.

"We have all the new Bartons at the farm now for Cain to spar with. There's a lot of testosterone bouncing around. Cain would love to be sat in front of the fire with Moira rather than be doing scams all day long, but he won't give them up as he needs to keep his edge to be able to compete with the Barton men.

"Also, he's jealous of James and can see he's hanging around Moira too much. And of course, Charity has just made a move on him and she could be a threat to his relationship."

Hordley also promised that he will be sticking with Emmerdale for the foreseeable future.

He commented: "Why wouldn't I stay? They're writing great stuff for me all the time, my wife [Zoe Henry] is on the show, which is lovely, and we've got a young family - our children Violet and Stanley are 9 and 5 now. I'm extremely happy to be sitting in Camp Emmerdale right now."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Imagine really being married to Rhona. At least Paddy (the dope) is only acting. She's such a whiny bully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

bazarakus wrote: »
    Imagine really being married to Rhona. At least Paddy (the dope) is only acting. She's such a whiny bully!

What? Paddy is married to Rhona. I don't think he is acting. I think you're mixing the characters with the actors.

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    What? Paddy is married to Rhona. I don't think he is acting. I think you're mixing the characters with the actors.

I'm not. The actor who plays Cain is in real life married to the harpy who plays Rhona. Paddy is married to Rhona. In the show. Acting like.

• Advertisement

I'm not. The actor who plays Cain is in real life married to the harpy who plays Rhona. Paddy is married to Rhona. In the show. Acting like.

Apologies, I hadn't realised you knew the actress Zoe. And knew she is just like the character she plays on the soap.

Apologies, I hadn't realised you knew the actress Zoe. And knew she is just like the character she plays on the soap.

Apology accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

So did charity put two and two together to figure out who Archie's real dad was? :/

Rishi told her when he thought he was dying of a heart attack...well as good as told her and she figured it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya I saw that only caught up with it today so that's how she found out then? I got a bit lost as to how she found out. I thought Jai tell her episode bit of a disappointment but suppose Risi felt he needed to say something. He ok now though? Just the fall out between Jai and Charity have seen some of it today as well. Didn't get to see the episodes after she found out are they still on tv3 player?

• Advertisement

doovdela wrote: »
    Ya I saw that only caught up with it today so that's how she found out then? I got a bit lost as to how she found out. I thought Jai tell her episode bit of a disappointment but suppose Risi felt he needed to say something. He ok now though? Just the fall out between Jai and Charity have seen some of it today as well. Didn't get to see the episodes after she found out are they still on tv3 player?

I dunno I'm in Scotland. Totally lame story. Can see them back together by xmas. Once she has her revenge!

Ashley and the female Vicar wannabe are so going to be sharing a bed soon

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ashley and the female Vicar wannabe are so going to be sharing a bed soon

Yeah, can see that coming from a mile away. She's a bit annoying, though he does seem to have a type.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Yeah, can see that coming from a mile away. She's a bit annoying, though he does seem to have a type.

annoying? never wanted to slap someone so much in my life- and that includes that lil pest Robbie:mad:

annoying? never wanted to slap someone so much in my life- and that includes that lil pest Robbie:mad:

Ok yeah you're right. I was just trying to be nice. Looks like she is just trying to shock the villagers, especially Edna.

be careful slapping the robster! he moonlights as a (amazingly non-midget) pro wrestler!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Would be great to see Ashley getting some happiness in his life He's had enough grief of late with Maurel, Gabby and living with Bernice and her man and now with Edna and Sandy.

Vanessa would need to get the hint and stop being following Paddy and Rhona around all the time. If she really cared so much she'd give them some space and get on with running the practice. Its a miracle they have any clients left after the past few months shenanigans.

Thought Charity was particularly nasty about Archie and Rachel last night. Who is she to judge them as somehow inferior to her ? The Dingles and many guys she's been with haven't exactly been the greatest specimens of humanity, have they?

Eric must have the patience of Job. First trying (and failing) to talk sense into Val re the whole Ky-ul and Amy sagas and now Gormless David refusing to listen. Again.

Radio5 wrote: »
    Would be great to see Ashley getting some happiness in his life He's had enough grief of late with Maurel, Gabby and living with Bernice and her man and now with Edna and Sandy.

Vanessa would need to get the hint and stop being following Paddy and Rhona around all the time. If she really cared so much she'd give them some space and get on with running the practice. Its a miracle they have any clients left after the past few months shenanigans.

Thought Charity was particularly nasty about Archie and Rachel last night. Who is she to judge them as somehow inferior to her ? The Dingles and many guys she's been with haven't exactly been the greatest specimens of humanity, have they?

Eric must have the patience of Job. First trying (and failing) to talk sense into Val re the whole Ky-ul and Amy sagas and now Gormless David refusing to listen. Again.

Agree with you concerning Charity, I cringed when she called the poor little innocent baby something vile. Can't remember exactly what she said but thought it was a bit too horrible for even Charity.

be careful slapping the robster! he moonlights as a (amazingly non-midget) pro wrestler!

Don't mess with The Goat :P

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

Agree with you concerning Charity, I cringed when she called the poor little innocent baby something vile. Can't remember exactly what she said but thought it was a bit too horrible for even Charity.

I can't remember the exact words either but it came out something like...that (pause)..."thing" in there. Poor little mite. The only innocent in the whole mess :(

• Advertisement

Wasn't Rachel feisty when she first arrived what happened to her now she could square up to Charity :mad:

Charity puts the moves on Cain and he turns her down

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Are the three owld biddies interviewing for the job of new vicar or what :confused:

That Charity can't play the drunk for nuts :rolleyes:

I love the Cain and Charity scenes so much chemistry there

Aye poor Ashely. Hope he gets happy and his Father stays safe from harm.

It's nuts how Eric has transformed from being the ruthless rat of the village to the only one with a conscience in that house (the episode where he fleeced poor Edna for her medals aside). He seems nice.

dixiedan wrote: »
    Are the three owld biddies interviewing for the job of new vicar or what :confused:

That Charity can't play the drunk for nuts :rolleyes:

Worst drunk voice EVER. I thought she'd bitten her tongue then had some helium.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭D.Campbell

Cain has to stay normal otherwise there wouldn't be any family member with their feet on the ground the show would end up like 'East Enders ' and I detest that show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

How many times has David go engaged since he came to the village 3, 4 ? He must be recycling his mother's ring at this stage. Whats the betting that Dom will tell Pirya or Georgia the happy news as soon as he can?

I like the look of Megan's new man.She should take the job and let Declan to face the bailiffs alone.

Debbies looking very pale this weather. There must be budget cuts at ITV or maybe they had to share their stock with the Corrie ladies.

How many times has David go engaged since he came to the village 3, 4 ? He must be recycling his mother's ring at this stage. Whats the betting that Dom will tell Pirya or Georgia the happy news as soon as he can?

I like the look of Megan's new man.She should take the job and let Declan to face the bailiffs alone.

Debbies looking very pale this weather. There must be budget cuts at ITV or maybe they had to share their stock with the Corrie ladies.

David is such a walking cliché. He only wants the women he can't have. Now he has Aleeeeeeeeesha he will lose interest.

Also, he is the thickest looking actor in the history of soap. Seriously. So dim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

[QUOTE=bazarakus;87759455
    Also, he is the thickest looking actor in the history of soap. Seriously. So dim.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you are allowed say things like that in the soap forum anymore. People's posts have been deleted and bans handed out for "personal comments" about "actors looks/appearances" lately.

Temaz wrote: »
    I don't think you are allowed say things like that in the soap forum anymore. People's posts have been deleted and bans handed out for "personal comments" about "actors looks/appearances" lately.

hahahaha! Classic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

hahahaha! Classic.

I think it's only if you attack a female soap actress.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement