Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes and duplicates

• 18-03-2009 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I hope you can help me. I changed my laptop and managed to consolidate all of my music (about 100gb). Got a new Ipod 160gb from the states. Loaded up iTunes. There is an option one iTunes where you can see duplicates. When I bring this up there are loads of songs duplicated. Does anyone know if the list it is showing is just purely the list of duplicates or does it also contain the original song? What I am trying to get at is, if I select all from the duplicates list and delete them, will the original song be gone too?
    Thanks in advance,
    GF.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Hi there,
    I hope you can help me. I changed my laptop and managed to consolidate all of my music (about 100gb). Got a new Ipod 160gb from the states. Loaded up iTunes. There is an option one iTunes where you can see duplicates. When I bring this up there are loads of songs duplicated. Does anyone know if the list it is showing is just purely the list of duplicates or does it also contain the original song? What I am trying to get at is, if I select all from the duplicates list and delete them, will the original song be gone too?
    Thanks in advance,
    GF.

DO NOT SELECT ALL SONGS IN DUPLICATES AND PRESS DELETE!

This shows all copies of any song it believes is a duplicate, easiest way is to order this view by song title.

As far as i am aware it just searchs by song title not by song title and artist so two songs with the same title but by different bands will show up as duplicates. Or two songs one from a compilation album and one from the original recording will also show up as duplicates.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

This is the biggest, imo, problem with iTunes. For large music collections its a mess to work with. There are third party applicaitons out there for this but you gotta pay for them all IIRC.

Advertisement