Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

North Thailand to North Veitnam

• 18-03-2009 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering has anyone thats gone through South East Asia and has gone from North Thailand to North Vietnam or vice versa? Can you fly? Is it dear? I know you can go through Laos but I think this would take too long and the road is very dodgy?

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Hey,
    I've not been (yet :) ) but flights are quite reasonable over there if you look around and try a few different airports/dates.

I don't think the airports in North Thailand are that big, may not do flights to Hanoi. Would you consider getting connecting flights through Bangkok. Flights from northern Thai to Bangkok are ~€40. I'm sure there would be regular flight to Hanoi from there then. Not sure on price.

Try airasia.com and thaiair.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Yeah what Bacchus said really. Wouldn't be a massive inconvenience to just go from Chiang Mai through Bangkok especially when you consider the alternative. As you rightly point out, doing that journey overland in Laos would take quite a while!

Here's a good site that someone on here gave me before:http://www.attitudetravel.com/lowcostairlines/asia/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭tipptop2008

Thanks for the relies. Yeah was thinking of going back to Bangkok all right but thought they're might have been an easier or quicker way than having to go back to Bangkok. Thanks again

Advertisement