Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Parade

Options
  • 18-03-2009 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Well what did ye all think? O'Hehir's won the overall prize but what was it like overall. I did not see the parade as was on a float!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Fair play to O'Hehirs they did a great job! What float were you on?

My Dad is here visiting, after half an hour leaning on his walking stick, he asked were the cars in the parade just trying to get through the traffic. I said no they're in the parade, and we just have to wait for every other car owner in Sligo to drive past, then we could go. :D

Washing the ol' ve-hicles for the parade doesn't wash with me. Put a bit of effort in people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

don't worry, there was a dirty car in the galway parade too. Not just Sligo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I enjoyed it. O'Hehir's float was good, it was the gingerbread men...at on end they were making them at the other end were the men themselves.

I do wish cars were banned. If we want to see the new opel range we'll go to the maindealer....not even balloons on them.

Also wished some of the people in the parade at least looked they were enjoying it.

Loads of photos here:http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumlady/sets/72157615239194902/

and a crappy video here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88Jg0aWifjs

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Was with O;Hehirs float and yes a lot of effort went in, +1 on the cars or at least ones less than 30 years old! Was great weather and looked like happy faces all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Was with O;Hehirs float and yes a lot of effort went in, +1 on the cars or at least ones less than 30 years old! Was great weather and looked like happy faces all round.

Which one were you? Gingerbread man or real man? ;) Cars should be banned from the parade, they were revving away and the wee ones were getting right it in their faces, not to mention making me feel sick.
    There was nearly a fight with a "biker" and a wee boy who sprayed "silly string" over him. *sigh*
    Thought it was great parade, even though we never made it till the end....

• Advertisement

The lads on the O'Hehirs float looked like they were having a ball! Come on, tell us? Were you a baker or a gingerbread man?!

EDIT: Did anyone else spot the big cake on top of the O'Hehirs float, candle and all, I thought it was above and beyond the call of duty tbh, and thought it must have been a lot of hassle to organise. Fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

The lads on the O'Hehirs float looked like they were having a ball! Come on, tell us? Were you a baker or a gingerbread man?!

EDIT: Did anyone else spot the big cake on top of the O'Hehirs float, candle and all, I thought it was above and beyond the call of duty tbh, and thought it must have been a lot of hassle to organise. Fair play!

I'm so tempted to say 'He's a real boy' in a high pitched gingerbread man shrek type voice....but I won't:D

I didn't see the cake, too busy looking through a camera. It was a great float though.

magnumlady wrote: »
    I'm so tempted to say 'He's a real boy' in a high pitched gingerbread man shrek type voice....but I won't:D

Do it Val, we won't judge you. Much. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

magnumlady wrote: »
    I do wish cars were banned. If we want to see the new opel range we'll go to the maindealer....not even balloons on them.

I thought they showed off the cars they can't sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Didn't go..

Have had zero interest in it since I was 10 years old.

• Advertisement

I have to say if I didn't have a kid, I could think of many, many other ways to spend a bank holiday!

Has to be done though for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Pshaw.

grownups.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭rio-rose

got to the parade parked in the glasshouse carpark, and went to the GPO but couldnt get anywhere that i cud see wat was going on.. i had the youngest child wit me (2rs old) wasnt that bother with it, but if i had my 4yr old it be a different story, walked up to ESB couldn get nowwhere near the front also.. waste of journey been honest for me

Advertisement