Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radiator lead

Options
  • 18-03-2009 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Haven't a clue about plumbing and I have a leak. Its from the joint between the radiator itself and the pipe coming up from the floor, at a nut. Do I have to empty the rad, unscrew the nut, tape it and screw back? and if so what do I do to empty the rad? Thanks guys, as I said, I haven't a clue!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

bravo wrote: »
    Haven't a clue about plumbing and I have a leak. Its from the joint between the radiator itself and the pipe coming up from the floor, at a nut. Do I have to empty the rad, unscrew the nut, tape it and screw back? and if so what do I do to empty the rad? Thanks guys, as I said, I haven't a clue!

The nut is a compression fitting. Try tightening it before you go through the exercise of draining your system to get at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

The leak could also be from the spindle of the valve, under the knob - just a thought :o
    Jim.

Advertisement