Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Licence ???

• 18-03-2009 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

hey i have a microsoft office 2007 Professional

i was wondering , how many times can it be installed ??? its original by the way

its just few people in my family want to put it on their pc's

maybe 7 people ( note i dont wanna copy it etc )

can i ask microsoft to extend the amount of times it can be used ??

or how many licences do these sort of items have ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved from Laptops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Microsoft office 2007 Professional Boxed Retail, on two devices. One is meant to be a desktop and one the laptop though.

Microsoft office 2007 Professional OEM, only allowed on the original device.

The microsoft approved official method for licensing a household is to buy MS office home and student edition, which allows for 3 simultaneous device installs for non-commercial use.
    Other than that, for your situation, Microsoft want crazy amounts of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭Dartz

OpenOffice.Org.

9/10 it'll do exactly the same job quite happily. It has PDF export support. And you dont have to worry about it randomly taking the Guatanamo Bay appraoch to anti-piracy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Microsoft OEM can NOT be used or even moved to a second PC, it lives and dies with the mother board. This also applies if you upgrade an OEM with a retail upgrade !

you can use a trial version of office 2007 for 60 days free

in general read the eula that comes with the product microsoft like to change terms between versions

Full Retail version (or where you upgrade a transferable license)
    2. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS. Before you use the software under a license, you must assign that license to one device. That device is the “licensed device.” A hardware partition or blade is considered to be a separate device.
    a. Licensed Device. You may install and use one copy of the software on the licensed device.
    b. Portable Device. You may install another copy on a portable device for use by the single primary user of the licensed device.

cba looking it up but IIRC only of the two copies can be run at the same time

Advertisement