Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Witch-)Shops to see in Dublin?

Options
  • 18-03-2009 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello,

I will be in Dublin tomorrow and Friday.
    Out of professional curiousity (I own a witch shop in Germany)
    I would like to visit some witch shops/spiritual shops/pagan shops or such.

Can anyone provide me with ideas/names? That would be very appriciated!
    (If its not allowed to name shops here in the forum, then mail me at nemainHH@gmail.com please. Thank you!)

Nemain

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Hi Nemain, we don't have occult shops like other countries do and certainly none that declare themselves as witch shops.

Most will carry other items or are set up as new age or angel shops.

The House of Astrology

http://www.houseofastrology.net/id4.htm
    Contact Information

To get in contact with us about any matter simply call us on one of the below numbers

Telephone: 353 (0) 16793404
    Fax: 353 (0) 16793411
    Address: 9 Parliament Street, Temple Bar, .......................... Dublin 2, Ireland.
    E-mail Us: astrology@eircom.net
    Opening Hours 10 am to 6 pm Monday to Saturday

http://www.yellowbrickroad.ie/
    Address: Yellow Brick Road, 8, Bachelor's Walk, City Centre, Dublin 1, Ireland

Telephone: + 353 1 873 0177

Fax: + 353 1 873 0177

Aul Pine Georges arcade off Georges st, Dublin 2

Divine Guidance, 66 Capel Street, Dublin 1

Crystal Wings on Aungier Street, Dublin 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nemain

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Hi Nemain, we don't have occult shops like other countries do and certainly none that declare themselves as witch shops.

I'm sorry, I'm so used to that term since i call my shop just that -
    for over 7 years now. Well, Hexenladen of course. ;-)

But the shops mentioned are exactly what i was looking for!
    Thank you very very much for this quick reply and the help!

Nemain

Your welcome and hope you find what you are looking for and have a safe journey home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Just to add to the above, House of Astrology closed there a few months. They still have readings etc there, but the shop itself, closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Just to add to the above, House of Astrology closed there a few months. They still have readings etc there, but the shop itself, closed down.

Really?

Christ.... Apparently the craft aint safe from the recession(TM) either.....

• Advertisement

Agent J wrote: »
    Really?

Christ.... Apparently the craft aint safe from the recession(TM) either.....

Afraid so. The gemstone shop in the Powerscourt Centre also closed (October I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Aul Pine in the Georges arcade burnt down about a year or so ago as well.

Most will carry other items or are set up as new age or angel shops.

The House of Astrology

http://www.houseofastrology.net/id4.htm

Aul Pine Georges arcade off Georges st, Dublin 2

Divine Guidance, 66 Capel Street, Dublin 1

Crystal Wings on Aungier Street, Dublin 2

Nearly two years I think, but they reopened for a short time, and closed after Christmas I think. It is the same owner as Crystal Wings.

Article on House of Astrology:

http://www.tribune.ie/news/home-news/article/2009/feb/01/astrology-shop-fails-to-foresee-its-own-demise/

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Aul Pine in the Georges arcade burnt down about a year or so ago as well.

Aw man!! These were two of my favourite shops. I know for sure Crystal Wings on Aungier St is still open, I walked past on Saturday and it was open for business.

I had heard Aul Pine had re opened, it closed again ?

Ah yes the recession, that we may find is good for the wassiname, inventiveness.
    Granny Weatherwax (from Terry Pratchett's Wyrd Sisters):"When I was a gel, we had a lump of wax and a couple of pins and had to be content. We had to make our own enchantment in them days."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

I had heard Aul Pine had re opened, it closed again ?

Was closed two weeks ago when i made a visit. :(

Nerin wrote: »
    Was closed two weeks ago when i made a visit. :(

Their intent after the fire was always to sell it, so they just delayed what was happening till they found a buyer I suspect. Not sure if it sold in the end though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 susa32

Hi guys, I´m looking for shops in Dublin where I can buy tarot cards and candles etc...

Please let me know is urgent

Address: Yellow Brick Road, 8, Bachelor's Walk, City Centre, Dublin 1, Ireland

Telephone: + 353 1 873 0177

Fax: + 353 1 873 0177

hi,

thanks for your fast reply ,do u know another shop ?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Crystal Wings on Aungier Street is decent for most things, though IMO it's taking advantage of the lack of competition and overpricing.

For cards you could even try bookshops. I got my favorite Tarot deck in Waterstones.

Candles, you want a homeware department in Dunnes or M&S. No point paying too much for something you can get on a budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Urizen wrote: »
    Candles, you want a homeware department in Dunnes or M&S. No point paying too much for something you can get on a budget.

+1.

Dunnes actually do an array of decent cheap candles.

My friend need to find materials for do spells, and I don't know if this shops they have as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

susa32 wrote: »
    My friend need to find materials for do spells, and I don't know if this shops they have as well.

... I'm sorry, I'm very confused as to what you just said. I think you mean that these shops might not have all the materials, in which case try online. Or you meant they may not have these shops where they are, in which case I'm confused as to why you're asking about shops in Dublin.

Advertisement