Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free TV

Options
  • 18-03-2009 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi Everyone

I have a free TV to give away to a good home.

It's a 28 inch Panasonic with remote.

I want to give it to someone needy and not someone who needs a spare for the bedroom etc.

If anyone knows someone who may be deserving please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Fair play!

We'd love it for our student house but I'm sure there's more genuinely needy people out there...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

St Vincent de Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

snubbleste wrote: »
    St Vincent de Paul

Do they take electrical goods? If so, I'd agree there's no better home for that tv.

If they don't, I have a brother-in-law living in a chalet with a 14" portable. He'd certainly be glad of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I'll take it, I could do with something to sit my tv on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Thats a really nice idea and i second the St Vincent De Paul suggestion, or if they didnt take electrical goods, maybe if you spoke to one of the volunteers and left your number with one of them they may know of someone deserving.

fair Play OP!

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Buglim wrote: »
    Hi Everyone

I have a free TV to give away to a good home.

It's a 28 inch Panasonic with remote.

I want to give it to someone needy and not someone who needs a spare for the bedroom etc.

If anyone knows someone who may be deserving please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

I'd be really interested in it !! please may i have :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

+1 for St. Vincent de Paul - they do take TVs etc in their furniture place on Merchant's Road. It'd be 50 quid or whatever in the coffers for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭jesterhead

I'd be very interested as our tv just broke last week, and just as we were playing Goldeneye! Ah nostalgia. It was waiting to happen though, a Nokia tv over 10 years old! Alternatively, SVP is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

cornbb wrote: »
    +1 for St. Vincent de Paul - they do take TVs etc in their furniture place on Merchant's Road. It'd be 50 quid or whatever in the coffers for them.

According to their ad in todays Advertiser, they don't.

Just dopn't want to think of the OP lugging a big old telly down Merchants Road only be told "sorry......"

adverts.ie is maybe best, and if the OP gets a few bob for it there, they could donate it to SVdP if they wished?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

They had 2 tellys last time I was there... but the guy told me one of them didn't work. I'm guessing that they won't accept them anymore because they don't want people just dumping broken electronics. Pretty lousy thing for someone to do. Maybe they'll accept the TV if you show them that its working?

i'd love two 28" tvs in my room OP..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 allymul

hi my names ally.. Iam new to the site.. we recently moved into a new house.. and with rent and all we cant afford a tv.. we would be delighted to get the tv if we could.. If it is suitable please pm me. thank you

allym

Pretty sure that 2 years after the fact the TV is long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭theintern

Ah you can't fault her for trying..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement