Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reci & implications for certs under wrong name

Options
  • 18-03-2009 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I'm just looking for a bit of info.
    The background is as follows, in 2007 myself and 2 other sparks started a partnership, we joined reci and bought online certs. The partnership didn't work out, we finished what jobs we were doing together. Now although no longer working together our busines name hadn't ceased, I needed ESB to come out and move a metre(on 3 different jobs) for my own personal jobs and I used the certs of the partnership business to do this online. I didn't realise that one of the parters(we were no longer talking to one another) had actually changed our reci account to his, so simply it now turns out that I completed 3 reci certs online through his new business, I didn't realise this but I have been told that I would have seen it when signing off on the cert but I didn't I just clicked without realising as I still assumed it was the old partnerships account.
    But it's now out in the open and I admitted to using the online certs but that I didn't realise it was under a new business as all the username stuff was still the same.
    I realise I shouldn't have done it but I just wanted esb to come out and move meters. I no longer work as an electrician but I am wondering what is the worst case scenario.
    I have appologised and offered compensation to my former partner but what is the worst that can happen, and can I do anything to make things better.
    Also this happened about a year ago and I now am a stay at home dad but its stressing me out
    Cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

Is reci aware of the situation?is there an electrical problem or a concern about the standard of work on any of these 3 jobs.if the customer is notified by reci or your ex-partner there might be an inspection and remedial work neccessary.i can't speculate on the legal side of things.obviously if the standard of work is satisfactory things will be less complicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Thanks for the reply, no concerns about the work as it was just a matter of issuing a cert to get esb out to do their bit. The reci secretary is aware of it ok.
    The problem is there were 3 partners and we all paid for aload of electronic certs but when the business broke up, unknown to me and one of the other partners(y), the other guy(x) notified reci and had our business name changed to his new business name and he kept our credits and the details for logging on remained the same, so myself and the other guy(y) still issued 3 certs(last year) but today we found out that they were issued under the other guys(x) new business name but we were not aware of this but apparently at the end of the cert I would have seen his new business name, but I honestly didn't and thought I was using our credits under our old name.
    I'm thinking of calling into reci to explain properly face to face as over the phone did not work today.

fair enough.you've spoken to reci.i've been with reci a long time,had a few issues over the years.keep in mind issuing a cert to get a meter moved also means you're certifying the work as up to standard.(that's why i mentioned a possible inspection and complication of remedial work if reci are involved ).

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Reci should be fine with it so long as your x partner doesn't make a unnecessary fuss about it.

Reci should be fine with it so long as your x partner doesn't make a unnecessary fuss about it.

This is whats happening, thanks guys my mind is a little more at ease after a run, will try sort it out tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Just to update you guys and thanks for the comments.
    Reci have accepted our explanation and have just asked us to sign a letter taking responsibility for those paticular certs, so hopefully this will be the end of it as reci do not want to go any further and have been very reasonable, however the former partner still does not want to let sleeping dogs lie so I seeked legal advice and all I can say is I'm no longer stressed out over the issue.
    Thanks again

hope it works out.shouldn't be a big deal with no customer issues(best if they stay out of loop) i've been there with worry a few times over the years.mostly financial worries now!

Advertisement