Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of deposit??

• 18-03-2009 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Hey guys and gals was just wondering has anyone got an opinion on this matter i have???

well here go's i moved into a place a month ago on the pretense that the all the things wrong with it(broken window wouldn't close in the bathroom made the whole house cold and damp and also the freezer had a big puncture whole)anyway i suffer with asthma so after 3 weeks off living there and the landlord ignoring my phone calls i rang the letting agent to say the landlords broken the contract and i'l be out within the week So lady in DNG said that's fine im entitled to my deposit back and landlord agrees but now there passing it between each other as to who has to pay me my deposit back iv since found a new place and i cant move in till i get my deposit back any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Who did you hand the money over to? do you have a receipt?

Either way i would be making the letting agents life hell by constantly phoning or calling into the office, their job is a go between the tennent and landlord, let them deal with the problem. Be firm with them, they will just pass the buck constantly unless you stand up to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Senna wrote: »
    Who did you hand the money over to? do you have a receipt?

Either way i would be making the letting agents life hell by constantly phoning or calling into the office, their job is a go between the tennent and landlord, let them deal with the problem. Be firm with them, they will just pass the buck constantly unless you stand up to them.

ye i handed it over to the estate agents and iv got a receipt and a copy of the contract so should i just keep on at them???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

yep, you paid the EA then its their responsibility. Maybe give the PRTB a ring and ask for advice, they could tell you your rights and even saying to the EA that you have been in contact with them will light a fire under them.

http://www.prtb.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Senna wrote: »
    yep, you paid the EA then its their responsibility. Maybe give the PRTB a ring and ask for advice, they could tell you your rights and even saying to the EA that you have been in contact with them will light a fire under them.

http://www.prtb.ie/

thanks senna there still tossing me between each so think i will ring the prtb
    thanks for your help

Advertisement