Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost Hound

Options
  • 18-03-2009 7:03pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Decided to watch the whole thing before I posted this.

Very impressive, from the creator of the Ghost in a Shell series.

Essential for anyone who likes a good story, great animation in an immersed world. Anyone else seen it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

looks interesting,have you watched it all? because a review would be cool if you did

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Not great at reviewing, so I'll sum up the basics.

A brother and sister were kidnapped and left to die of starvation in an abandoned hospital, and the sister dies, boy is traumatised for some time and eventually has the ability to have out-of-body experiences, as well as two other friends who had similar traumatic experiences.

Anyway it all builds up to an epic ending, its really worth watching. Dark, and light-hearted at the same time, the story line had me hooked, i watched all 22 episodes in one sitting (well, nearly, 20, and took an hour break to watch the last 2 :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

wow! I wish i had the time to do that nowadays :( though im finding it hard to even stick to an anime at all,last one was Xam'd that was a very addictive anime,great show if you like giant bio-mechs,people from studio ghibli and the guys who made eureka seven and full metal alchemist anime made Xam'd so it pretty much was an ultimate combo for me:D

You should try it if you can,ill try out ghosthound. Thanks for the review

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 OrigamiDragon

Ghost Hound has that incredible atmosphere of something weird, something psychedelic. Not quite as much as say, Boogiepop Phantom or Serial Experiments Lain, more like in Mushishi or Paranoia Agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 bridge

sorry for interupting but i need to post 25 times

• Advertisement
Advertisement