Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Limit on N25 East - Dunkettle to Milddelton

Options
  • 18-03-2009 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

As I left along the east bound carraigeway from Cork City I noticed two incorrectly placed signs.

The speed limit is declared to be 125kp/h on the stretch of road yet the road is only classed as a National road.

Cork County Councils roads department website has no contact details.

Any ideas? Anybody else notice this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 blipp

A few roads around the country have been upgraded to high quality dual carraigeways or something(i.e. i read something like this somewhere but feel free to correct me because it didn't sink in) meaning that the speed limit can be moved up to 120k. Now if only they would get those damn tractors off it. Ballincollig bypass is the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

not to be pedantic, but its "Midleton"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

One of my friends was complaining a while back that "only in Ireland would a non-motorway by 120 km/hr". I thought it was ridiculous.

Its hard to keep under 130 on the Ballincollig Bypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I think 120k is to high on that road especially comming into Midelton- theres been quite a few crashes there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

The 120k limit ends at the eastern end of Carrigtohill, it doesn't go as far as Midleton.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Nice to finally meet a couple of the oblivious muppets that get in my way every day on the N25. Presumably ye sit in the outside lane at the kph equivalent of 55mph, blissfully unaware of not just this "new" limit, but the national limit change to 100kph several years ago, and the national limit change to 60mph even before that.

So for those of you living in the past, here's a rough guide:
    1. The national speed limit is 62mph.
    2. The speed limit we're discussing here is 75mph.
    3. The outside lane is for overtaking.
    MOVE OVER

adam

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'll second that motion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Berty wrote: »
    Anybody else notice this?

Yes we all noticed months ago when they put the signs up.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 MotorwayTR

He must have brain damage.LOL

• Advertisement
Advertisement