Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weirdest thing that has happened to you

Options
  • 18-03-2009 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

I will get the ball rolling.

My french copy which had all my french writing qu-en pensez vous tasks went missing during the mid term before the mocks and it had all my french writing tasks in it for 2 years. Obviously I was in bits. I checked everywhere but there was no sign at home and I dont know what possessed me to go to school to check for it. Luckily the school was open during the mid term and the girls in the office gave me the keys to check the classrooms if I had left it in any of them the friday we broke for mid term. No luck after a half hour search. I kinda gave up searching from then on and prayed to saint anthony that it would turn up. When we came back after the mid term I informed the principal and all the teachers of my detriment and to be on the lookout! Then long and behold the night before the chemistry exam my dad comes into the sitting room and waves my long lost copy in front of me! He had mixed it with his own stuff in the filing cabinet. We had chemistry that next day and there was a bird fluttering around the exam hall who obviously got trapped inside some how! Just before the exam he ****ted onto my paper and his **** hit my shoulder!!!!!!!! so I had to move places and get a new answer book! That kind of put me off my game a small bit but ended up with the A2 all the same! Chemistry would be my best subject and I would be hoping for an A1 in it.

A guy in my class tells me that in romania things like this that happen are a good sign. Bird **** is a sign of good luck. lost copy >>>>>> found copy >>>>> bird ****s on top of me >>>>>. There was 50 other people in the room and considering the state I was in during mid term of the possibility of never seeing my french copy again, this must mean something!

What do ye think?:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

During my chem xmas exam, some burning/molten metal fell from the heater about me, burning my arm and a hole in my exam paper! That was kinda out there, Me+Chemistry=Recipe for disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I can't think of anything that would come even close to that story, haha, brilliant!
    Nicely done JSK 252, nicely done.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

This may just seem like some strange sort of stupidity on my part, one day during school I lost my pencil case, a fair few pens pencils etc in it. I had definitely had it for the first few classes and then it disappeared, I went looking but 'twas nowhere to be found. Around two months later it was sitting empty on the shelf above my desk. I don't know what to make of it.

In a similar fashion, a guy I know lost ALL his Irish notes, and they were found some two or three months later sitting in an unused cupboard in one of the science rooms. Not so strange when you know someone just stole them and put them there, but there you go.

Nothing really strange has happened though, the things I said were pretty weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

bythewoods wrote: »
    I can't think of anything that would come even close to that story, haha, brilliant!
    Nicely done JSK 252, nicely done.

Hahaha. Thanks. I just found out to today that Pharmacy 1st choices have decreased by 30% from statistics released by the cao today in the irish times. So more good news.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

A guy I know went to the bookies and left his bag outside so he didn't look like a student. He came out all his bag got stolen. All his notes and books were in there so it was quite funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

This just happened today. A mate of mine was asking everyone if they would let him perform a prostrate exam on them. Another mate of mine was nearby, but didn't hear him, and bent down to tie his laces, backside facing all of us. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,789 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Fringe wrote: »
    A guy I know went to the bookies and left his bag outside so he didn't look like a student. He came out all his bag got stolen. All his notes and books were in there so it was quite funny.

PAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

There was this one time...in band camp... nah only messin!

My computer crashed in DCG a week before the final date for handing up the project! Eventually got it going again after a computer tech spent an hour at it. Turned it on and everything was gone!!! Luckily, the teacher went around to all our PCs with his external HDD the evening before because he had a feeling that something was going to happen! Phew! Weird or what? I suppose I am a lucky person!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭WaldenByThoreua

JSK 252 wrote: »
    Hahaha. Thanks. I just found out to today that Pharmacy 1st choices have decreased by 30% from statistics released by the cao today in the irish times. So more good news.:pac:

Points should come down 5 or possibly ten points so...strange to think it was 560 or something in Trinity a few years back and now it might possibly be 540/535...

I'm not complaining though, as a 1st year Pharmer, less pharmers equals less competition for jobs, which are thin on the ground at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Points should come down 5 or possibly ten points so...strange to think it was 560 or something in Trinity a few years back and now it might possibly be 540/535...

I'm not complaining though, as a 1st year Pharmer, less pharmers equals less competition for jobs, which are thin on the ground at the moment!

A pharmacy degree is a strong degree to have regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭WaldenByThoreua

JSK 252 wrote: »
    A pharmacy degree is a strong degree to have regardless.

Maybe...

Not too many jobs floating around these days and starting pay for a community Pharmacist has been savagely reduced...

Ah well hopefully the situation will have improved in a few years time.

Advertisement