Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Great Soccer Forum Write Off (2009 1/4)

• 18-03-2009 8:46pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok folks the last one was a great success and we encouraged more 'substantial content' which is always good.We decided the last time to have one every 1/4 in 2009 with the 4 winners doing a article at the end of the year in a grand final,their should be a great standard in that going by the last one.

How it works.
    Users volunteer to wright a article on any soccer subject (750 words max),they then PM the articles to me and I put up a anonymously for the whole forum to vote on,the identities are only reviled once the vote is over.

I am not sure if we will go with groups or not this time it will depend on how many entry's we have but I think a open vote with no groups would be the best bet,thats if we don't have mad numbers entering.

Here is a link to the final thread last year,you should have a ready of them all if you have not they were all super.The Great Soccer Forum Write Off (The Final

Rules
    No rules as such you just have to do a article with 750 words max and PM it to me,but you will need to be aware if you win you will be required to do another one sometime in December.

I got a few complaint's the last time about not giving enough time for people to wright so I am going to leave this open ontill March 31st.

Good luck all,post here if you are going to take part so I can get an idea of the numbers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

You can put my name down!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ill do this again and as im not redicullously ill this time ill try to pick a less obvious topic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'm In!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'll do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Go on so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

im in again, i have some college essays first but hopefully ill get time.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Dub13 wrote: »
    the identities are only reviled once the vote is over.

Heh :)

Count me in I guess, although I am struggling to think of a topic off hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ah sure why not.

i'm in!

bigstar wrote: »
    im in again, i have some college essays first but hopefully ill get time.

Get your priorities right!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Well you all have loads of time to think of an article so no excuses.

• Advertisement

Bump for the weekend folk.

These have to be in by next tuesday,I would like to have them up this day next week.

Today is deadline day.

Today is deadline day.

Well I, for one, have to drop out.

Been busy in work, I didn't even get a chance to do a write up for the Shels fanzine this month :(

I'll try to throw something together though.

What time is the deadline?

I was thinking midnight,I meant to bump this yesterday but forgot if its a prob for a few I could extend it by a day or so.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

im also curious what time is the deadline? midnight? as this completley slipped my mind but i have something in mind that maybe i could bash out before then

I was thinking midnight,I meant to bump this yesterday but forgot if its a prob for a few I could extend it by a day or so.

I wouldn't mind an extension by a day or two!!

I'm actually working on a piece now, work doesn't seem too busy today after all.

Should have it done by the time I leave, but if we get an extension, then I wouldn't mind either.

Hmmm might need an extension myself. Even just til tomorrow night is grand.

Ok will will extend this ontill 12 midnight tomorrow.Anybody who has submitted theres already feel free to edit/re draft it you wish.

• Advertisement

Many in so far?

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Many in so far?

2 but these type of things tend to see a last min rush.

I will try and have this up tomorrow afternoon,I will still accept article's on till just before them up for voting.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Crap, despite the reminder PM yesterday I forgot about this. I'm not going to rush it and submit a really crap one now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

I will try and have this up tomorrow afternoon,I will still accept article's on till just before them up for voting.

Can't believe I missed this again!!! Dub13, the last time this was on I sent you one but it was too late. If you still have it, could I submit that one if it's not too late? I can't seem to find my copy as I emptied my mailbox...

Edit. Dub13, Ignore that, found it and have pm'd it to you.

Advertisement