Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New 2fm Website

• 18-03-2009 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Just to let you all know that I just heard the new 2fm website is launching tonight at 22.22.22pm...very smart! I think Dan Hegarty is on at that time?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

If it's even 1sec off...I'll kill myself.
    Until then: cartwheels & furious tugging (I'm so happy and excited and and...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭djsupreme

I believe the 22:22:22 was just hype. It actually went live about half seven.

Pretty poor if you ask me. Horrible colour scheme, and too much going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭thecountessp

I checked that out just a few hours ago with some friends - the consensus was that it's an interesting move, but difficult to look at - too dark, and cluttered. It's pretty hard to get radio websites right though - compared to most other station websites it's a masterpiece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Is it supposed to look like a Bebo page?

I dont like it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

It's nasty.

Looks like a 12 year old decided to make a pokemon fan site:

Busy graphics, cluttered images, poor text definition, very dated graphics and menus, and distracting colourful banner ads which detract from the dark moody image the site is apparently trying to achieve (Dark? for a pop/youth station? Why is it so dark? it makes Phantoms indie Green & dark granite headers look positively fluffy by comparison. Do they think it looks like an iphone interface or summat?)

I've just heard how much it cost. I'm on my way to Donnybrook now with the deeds to several bridges. I doubt I'll have much trouble selling them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I hate how all the RTÉ websites are glued to the left hand side of the screen.

Centre the fecking things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭netron

not at bad effort compared to most other radio station sites.

would look better if it wasnt glued to the left (why isnt it centered?)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭thecountessp

There's just way too much going on, and it does seem aimed at young teens, bit Spin really...

http://www.spin1038.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I've just heard how much it cost. I'm on my way to Donnybrook now with the deeds to several bridges. I doubt I'll have much trouble selling them.

€230,000 according to the Sunday Business Post...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

anybody seen the artist pages on the new 2fm site? Quite cool. http://2fm.rte.ie/artist_a_to_z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

€230,000? :eek:
    I dunno. Maybe I'm showing my age but I find it tough going on my eyes. It's too cluttered for my liking and it's hard to know what's important and what's advertising. I'm with the others who've got an issue with it being glued to the left as well.

Advertisement