Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RSA TEST CENTER IN WILTON??

• 18-03-2009 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hey all,

I too have being stung with the closure of sgs, now i have to go to the wilton test center, can someone please tell me the good points & the bad points of the center,
    rsa told me 2day that they may be able to offer me a test in the end of april start of may, i dont know area at all, if i fail my contract at work wont be renewed!! :mad:

I really need to PASS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sunjammer

I can't understand why people work themselves up over Wilton / Blackrock etc. I would expect that the test is the same no matter where you go, after all a right turn in Cork is the same as a right turn in Dublin so just get in as much practice and a few pretest lessons to highlight your weak points to work on and you should be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

hi derek2009 i did my test in wilton last year and found it grand! i think the key to it is getting the right instructor. i got a brilliant one i had his number but cant find it so ill see if my buddy has it tommorrow if he does ill pm it to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

Sunjammer wrote: »
    I can't understand why people work themselves up over Wilton / Blackrock etc. I would expect that the test is the same no matter where you go, after all a right turn in Cork is the same as a right turn in Dublin so just get in as much practice and a few pretest lessons to highlight your weak points to work on and you should be fine

To some extent you are correct and I would agree in terms of within quiet residential areas and housing estate estates - one left or right turn is pretty much the same as the next.

However, there are external factors on a driving test which can influence the result - main one being the volume of other traffic. For example it is easier to emerge from a junction, turn right into a junction, enter a roundabout etc if the traffic conditions are light. In general the traffic is lighter in Blackrock and Little Island than in Wilton. Introduce heavy or fast moving traffic and it introduces a lot more possibilities for errors and mistakes coupled with the fact that a learner driver will generally feel under more pressure in heavy traffic. However, some might see it as advantageous if you get stuck in heavy traffic as the tester will still want to get back within the 30 mins or so :)

The Wilton Test Center is perceived to be a hard test center because it is in a busy part of town, some of the routes have non-standard roundabout layouts, possibility of merging onto a 100km/hr dual-carriageway etc. However, the actual pass rate at the test center does not really bear that assumption out. Thousands of people have passed there before and I'm sure thousands more will pass in the future and you can be one of them :D

So, dont worry about where the test center is and concentrate on the driving!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭AsianIrish

avoid Wilton at all cost as they are notorious to fail people for no reason, see passing test rate if you think I am telling BS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

AsianIrish wrote: »
    avoid Wilton at all cost as they are notorious to fail people for no reason, see passing test rate if you think I am telling BS

Mod: Please don't bump multiple, years old, threads saying basically the same thing. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement