Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor 250 mb allowance

Options
  • 18-03-2009 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

bought an iphone and meteor have an add on for 10 euro and i wonder is 250 mb enough for the iphone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It depends what your usage is. What will you be doing mainly on the iPhone? Big into youtube? Downloading music on iTunes? Just general news websites / forums?

Will you be in wifi zones a lot or mainly using the iPhone on the go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

I've had an iPhone for a year and I've never gone over 250 MB. I'd browse the web on it a good bit every day, though I don't look at Youtube videos or use radio programs. It is very difficult to use a lot of data considering that you can only browse the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I'm on meteor too, and have never gone over the 250mb limit.

And I stream radio most mornings, plus surfing a bit and I use Eirtext.

It's plenty, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

250 MB is plenty, unless you stream a lot of radio / podcasts directly from the web. I usually use between 300MB and 500MB and I am a heavy user.

(three gives me 1GB per month for the same price - so I'm covered)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

I'm up over 750MB per month, I use a radio app a lot also. But I have unlimited data, they should provide a unlimited plan rather than these add ons! it a rip off if you ask me, especially when the phones are adding greater capabilities with video and streaming TV etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Particularly if you have a wireless network at home, I'd imagine it should be fine. I'm nearing the end of my first month on the phone and I haven't even touched 100MB yet, though granted I was a tad cautious just to get a feel for how much the various activities consume.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,973 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Random wrote: »
    Downloading music on iTunes?

I thought this could only be done over Wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I thought this could only be done over Wifi?

Nope... over 3G too for files < 10MB.

Advertisement