Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tomko Released

• 18-03-2009 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=37308&p=1
    World Wrestling Entertainment released Tyson Tomko within the last two weeks, so his second stint with the company ended before he ever returned to television.

Being honest I forgot they signed him.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I was talking to someone last night about a similar incident that took place a few years ago, but remember when WWE rehired 2 Cold Scorpio, did nothing with him for months, and then released him as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

And Tomko burned a few bridges in TNA and Japan before he went back aswell. We'll see are those bridges irreparable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

He's a talented guy with good potential. He should be fine. I'd like to see him back in Japan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

In his return dark match with Burchill he was supposedly useless and then the injury sealed the deal as far as the release was concerned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

callaway92 wrote: »
    In his return dark match with Burchill he was supposedly useless and then the injury sealed the deal as far as the release was concerned

Yeah it was a bit rubbish...

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Yeah it was a bit rubbish...

If that was the reason why Tomko was fired, then I'd be very worried if i was Burchill, because he was equally rubbish for that match, and has been barely used since either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Didn't they do the same with D'Lo Brown as well. Rehired him, and released him before ever using him on TV.

Tomko is something of an anomaly for me. Enjoyed some of his Japan and TNA work, hated all his WWE and a good portion of his TNA stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

gimmick wrote: »
    Didn't they do the same with D'Lo Brown as well. Rehired him, and released him before ever using him on TV.

Tomko is something of an anomaly for me. Enjoyed some of his Japan and TNA work, hated all his WWE and a good portion of his TNA stuff.

D'lo done some jobbing on Raw I think to Santino, so at least he got some telly time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

gimmick wrote: »

To be fair, they brought D'Lo back on TV to no response because few knew who he was. Then he lost a match or two to Santino before being released.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    D'lo done some jobbing on Raw I think to Santino, so at least he got some telly time.

Yeah was gonna say, D'Lo got some air time. Tomko and Scorpio didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

callaway92 wrote: »

I was under the impression that Tomko had suffered an injury prior to working the dark match, which was why he was so out of shape and generally poor in his match. I think he'd even informed Mr Ace of this beforehand...

Wouldn't it be ****ing easier if someone in talent relations watched a match or two of his prior to signing him, to see what he's capable of? Rather than sign someone, bench em, then fire them... well sure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I like Tomko. He did well in Japan and there was a period in TNA where he was the only credible face in the company. Of course, they ruined that quickly. I just want to see him wrestling again

Fozzy wrote: »
    I like Tomko. He did well in Japan and there was a period in TNA where he was the only credible face in the company. Of course, they ruined that quickly. I just want to see him wrestling again

I'm fairly sure we'll see him in Japan again. If bridges were burnt, it won't be that big a deal. The economy in Japan has always been a bit of a see-saw. So they can make money from him in Japan (and vice versa), they will do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

can't stand the guy, this bit caught my eye in the link posted, it seems vince can't stand him either :D
    While Tomko was said to have gotten a good reaction from the live crowd in Pittsburgh, including a "Let's go Tomko" chant early, one person who wasn't a fan of his work is said to be Vince McMahon. According to several sources, Vince McMahon was unhappy with the match and questioned Tomko's signing at the time.

vince should really stop letting johnny ace handle these signings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

rossie1977 wrote: »
    can't stand the guy, this bit caught my eye in the link posted, it seems vince can't stand him either :D

vince should really stop letting johnny ace handle these signings

There was a note in the Observer about this at the time, I forget the full details, but the deal with Vince was that he watched it without knowing how badly injured Tomko was at the time and then I think he got mad at Ace for signing an injured wrestler

Indeeed this was talked about before.
    Here's a link to the thread about it a few months ago.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055444475

Sorry Fozzy, but if you "can't say" or provide a source. Then I can't leave it here.
    You know the charter backwards, and a source has to be provided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I actually quite enjoyed aul tomko in his TNA run and I admired the way he left WWE last time with the genuine intention of heading to Japan and improving himself (which all wrestlers should do at some stage of their careers, look at how good ted DiBiase is already, he toured NOAH several times before his WWE run). Hard to tell whats gone wrong for him, with his unique look he could have been something.

Advertisement