Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD to AVI converter

Options
  • 18-03-2009 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Can anyone help. I am searching for the best dvd to avi converter. I have googled it and ther are plenty of them but I am uncertain as to which one is the best one, can anyone recommend a good converter program. I have a heap of dvds that I am looking to transfer on to a media player I have. Films in AVI format will play on the media player. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

If you do a google for Handbrake, that'll do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bunsers

Thanks elviscostello, but i have tried handbrake and it didnt work. The picture was coming out diagonally with two or three of the same shots on the screen. maybe i am not doing something right with it, can you advise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I don't know if my method would suit you but it works for me. I shrink the DVD and make a copy on my PC using DVDShrink., then covert it to an .avi or whatever using the free version of Any DVD Coverter. Super is also very good. Again it's freeware.

This site has a few freeware DVD rippers on it. I tried Format Factory as an all-in-one converter but it didn't work out for me. Maybe you might have better luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bunsers

thanks firetrap, i'll give that one a go

Advertisement