Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteorology Masters- UCD

Options
  • 18-03-2009 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody done this or thinking about doing it??

Im coming out of a Maths Science degree with hopefully a 1st and was thinking about doing this if I cant get a job ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fascination

Hi Misticles,

I did the course a few years ago, when it was just starting. I've heard it has come on a lot, there's a lot more practical work and tutorials which we could have done with way back when!! I see you do Maths Science so are you in UCD? If so, you should head down to the department and talk to the lecturers. Maybe you could even sit in if you had time to get a taste for it. It's a great overview of Meterology - you should be fine with a first in Maths! I'm sure you've had a look already but the website contains some great info and you could have get a preview of course material. http://mathsci.ucd.ie/met/
    If you've any further questions just let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Do u know how many places are avilable on this masters?? :) or how many was in ur class?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fascination

I don't think there's a strict quota but numbers for full-time students are usually at around 9/10. The year I did it there were 9 full-time and 5 part-time students. I think the numbers have been pretty much the same since.

Advertisement