Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

indoor arena

Options
  • 18-03-2009 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi we have a riding school and wondering whether it would be worth putting up an indoor with it being so expensive and all??? :confused::)

Should the OP build an indoor arena? 6 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    83%
    needadvicePurpleBerrybyhookorbycrookHobbidanceLobelia Overhill 5 votes
    I don't know
    16%
    Jen Pigs Fly 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I don't know
    Most, if not all, of the places I have kept my horse at and have gotten lessons at have only had outdoor arenas.

I personally wouldn't bother unless you want to do a lot of competiton training, etc, during the winter, otherwise I just see it as a bit of an excess really, as the only advantage that I can see with an indoor is it won't hinder exercise during extreme weather!

Only bad thing about outdoors is that during bad rain, snow, etc, you cannot ride, but in all fairness, in my personal experiance of riding in them, it's not that much of a hinderance.

I only ever went to one yard that had an indoor, and it held shows, pony clubs, etc, so it was handy then, they also did a lot of breaking in, so the arena was much larger than an outdoor (they also had an outdoor too however)

So it really depends on what you want to do, I personally wouldn't get one, I would just get an outdoor! personaly preference however!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 iluvdawnie

thanks we wouldnt be holding that many competitions...

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭ecaf

Maybe just consider floodlights, if you intend riding after work in the winter?
    Depends on your budget though, and how often you would use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tracie101

an outdoor all-weather arena with flood lights would be perfect so long as it has good drainage. flooded arenas can be messy!!

we use ours all year round its 100% :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭needadvice

No
    Great question. I often wonder how much it influences peoples choice of livery yards I think they are great and would pay for the facility but you need to decide would it make you money. Maybe we need a poll for you on whether people reaaly care.:o

• Advertisement

Poll added

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

No
    Everywhere I've ridden has had an indoor school, an outdoor is fine as long as people don't mind riding in the pouring rain!

Advertisement