Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newry for the bargains

• 18-03-2009 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Was in Tescos in Dublin today looking for mens toileteries, Lynx shower gel €4.89!!!
    They've cut the cost of Mach blades from €12 to just over €10, they cost about €8 in Semi-chem Newry.

I'm from Dundalk and usually buy a few months supply of this stuff in Newry when I'm home but I ran out and got a shock when I saw the prices.

Sanex deoderant is about 80-90 pence in Sainsburys, it's almost €3 here.

I also need work trousers and shirts which I buy in bulk in Newry and will easily save €150.

The traffic jams can make the drive into Newry seem not worth it (2 hrs on a bad day) but us locals know to take the road less travelled

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Dont shop in Tescos than :) Surprisingly Supervalu have some very good deals on which change every week or so. Very unpatriotic of you to go to Newry but you have to shop around to get the best prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭richardn

The fact so many people are shopping in the North is helping the people that are too lazy to travel up North get better prices. If more shopped up North the prices in the South would have to come down :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

richardn wrote: »
    The fact so many people are shopping in the North is helping the people that are too lazy to travel up North get better prices. If more shopped up North the prices in the South would have to come down :eek:

Not true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Swizz wrote: »
    Not true.
    Why?

The will have to either drop their rip off prices or go out of business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Why?

The will have to either drop their rip off prices or go out of business.

most of the chains have stores in both north and south.

They're not going to compete with themselves they won't go out of business they just pull the ROI store.

we lose more jobs,vat returns,prsi from workers etc

and the chain still makes pulls in the money in a location where it's cheaper to run cheaper to staff etc etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement