Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can ya believe my luck?

Options
  • 18-03-2009 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

was able to pick up a like new ntsc edition of metal gear solid twin snakes for only 7 euro in xtragames in the square today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

good for you, ya smug bolix!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Is this the one for PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    good for you, ya smug bolix!

sorry, its just that ive been dying to get my hands on this game since about 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

ah ya, its a decent find, especially if you already have freeloader handy.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    ah ya, its a decent find, especially if you already have freeloader handy.

i was a bit worried about my freeloader, but luckily it worked, only got a few minutes in, and it looks farely impressive

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a good game but I think they ruined some of the cutscenes with over the top silliness. Strange to find any GC games at all let alone NTSC ones.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's a good game but I think they ruined some of the cutscenes with over the top silliness. Strange to find any GC games at all let alone NTSC ones.
    i reckon its just game companies flushing out the last of their stock from their warehouses. however, xtragame also a good few xbox originals aswell and older releases on various consoles. could be worth a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Quite a good find... It is quite enjoyable, but Retr0 is definitely right about them going too Hollywood on the cutscenes

Think I found my copy in mint condition in game years ago, was chuffed with myself at the time. Got some gems from there over the years actually, including Panzer Dragoon Orta

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Redlion wrote: »
    was able to pick up a like new ntsc edition of metal gear solid twin snakes for only 7 euro in xtragames in the square today.

how much should it be worth? I have the pal version.

sweetie wrote: »
    how much should it be worth? I have the pal version.
    around maybe 35-40 euro, so far as i can tell, correct me if i'm worng, but sealed editions are going for over a hundred euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

I have a PAL copy of Twin Snakes on the Gamecube that I was going to trade into Gamesnash next week. I only opened it on purchase to check the discs were present & I never got a chance to play it

:)

Rael if you're looking to sell drop me a pm

Rael wrote: »
    I have a PAL copy of Twin Snakes on the Gamecube that I was going to trade into Gamesnash next week. I only opened it on purchase to check the discs were present & I never got a chance to play it

:)

would gamesnash give ya much for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Is XtraGames part of Xtra-Vision or something?

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Is XtraGames part of Xtra-Vision or something?
    ye, its just an all game shop of the xtravison franchise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Dante

Arn't ntsc games dirt cheap on ebay anyways?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Wow never seen that before. Admittedly I don't go into Xtra-Vision much but I've never seen it anywhere. Where's this Square, Tallaght?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Redlion wrote: »
    would gamesnash give ya much for it?

We don't normally take gamecube games in as trade ins as we don't carry them in general but we do have a couple of other retailers we deal with who do take certain titles in. Based on their prices Rael would have been offered €15.00.

If it's worth €35-€40 I'd be inclined to sell it privately. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

We don't normally take gamecube games in as trade ins as we don't carry them in general but we do have a couple of other retailers we deal with who do take certain titles in. Based on their prices Rael would have been offered €15.00.

If it's worth €35-€40 I'd be inclined to sell it privately. :)

I got 36e for it on ebay and it was one of my first sales so I'm sure if I had a higher feedback score I would have gotten more. That was in early Feb I think.

Definitely sell it there!

Advertisement