Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

archos vs multimedia hard drive?

• 18-03-2009 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

hey all,

im looking to get a multimedia hard drive to stick a load of movies and photos on so when i go away i can just hook it up to a tv or my laptop if i have it with me.

any way iv just been looking at the archos and wondering are these able to connect to a tv and if so what sort of connection does the tv need to have?

also what kind of connection would you need to hook a multi meia hard drive to a tv? and can you recommend one idealy small and compact for travelling?

thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ben10

if it is an portable device you are looking for go for on of the archos handhelds however if you just want something for TV viewing the archos TV+ is excellent, i have a refurbed one with a 250 Gig harddrive, ethernet port, wireless connectivity, usb, scart & hdmi. you can view photos on your TV, use your TV as a jukebox playing all music through it, watch & record movies, surf the internet & download movies & music.
    For the price i paid, 110euro, i dont think you can afford not to have one of these!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i got myself an archos 5 for a bargain price too... having problems with it though, i think the firmware needs to be updated to fix som bugs. i'll give my verdict on the damn thing 2moro! its just the music im having a problem with, the internet/webtv and video player is outstanding on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

i got myself an archos 5 for a bargain price too... having problems with it though, i think the firmware needs to be updated to fix som bugs. i'll give my verdict on the damn thing 2moro! its just the music im having a problem with, the internet/webtv and video player is outstanding on it

where did you get it and how much if you dont mind me asking? can it play avi files?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220377319553

came to about 338 euro when i bought it last week, took 4 days to deliver, its up and running fine now, really good stuff actually! very impressed

EDIT: its 338 euro for the archos 5 250GB version, which retails in shops at 500 euro

Advertisement