Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any iPhone app support Ulster Bank Anytime Banking?

• 18-03-2009 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

As above.:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Can't you just log on to their website in Safari? What kind of special app do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Board Senseless

Something a bit easier. I have to write down my customer number and input it in Safari now. Even copy and paste doesn't work with it on the new iPhone software. I'm just wondering if there are any apps that support generic banking rather than a specific name like the Citi banking app.

There are a few on the App store, but I think they only work for American banks. Try under the finance category. By the way, why doesn't copy & paste work for it in the new software (and how did you get it:D)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Are you sure you want to use a third party application to input your banking details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Board Senseless

mobius42 wrote: »
    There are a few on the App store, but I think they only work for American banks. Try under the finance category. By the way, why doesn't copy & paste work for it in the new software (and how did you get it:D)?

It's available to all developers.
    Random wrote: »
    Are you sure you want to use a third party application to input your banking details?

That is a concern alright.

• Advertisement

Apple screen all their apps so a bank account skimming app wouldn't likely get through. Also, considering that you'd need access to the bank's server systems to develop it, only the bank themselves would really be in a position to develop one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

mobius42 wrote: »
    Apple screen all their apps so a bank account skimming app wouldn't likely get through. Also, considering that you'd need access to the bank's server systems to develop it, only the bank themselves would really be in a position to develop one.

I dunno how thoroughly they check. You wouldn't necessarily need to have access to the server, you could reformat their pages to be iphone-friendlier and maybe be able to save login information on the iphone to save you from typing it in each time (security nightmare)

That sounds pretty dodgy alright. It's weird that copy and paste doesn't work. I'd report that as a bug: http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Kahnyl wrote: »
    Something a bit easier. I have to write down my customer number and input it in Safari now. Even copy and paste doesn't work with it on the new iPhone software. I'm just wondering if there are any apps that support generic banking rather than a specific name like the Citi banking app.

How long is your customer number that it is such a chore to type it in every time? How often do you access your bank account that it is so tedious for you to be entering the same number over and over?
    What if there was an app that saved your banking details and your phone gets robbed or you lose it?

Advertisement