Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parlez Francais!

Options
  • 18-03-2009 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Alright, whatever you may think of the idea, the exam is nigh and I thought maybe it would be an idea to try speaking oral stuff with some other willing people on msn or something to get the french flowing and have more opportunities to try thinking in French.

Que pensez-vous?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Heggy wrote: »
    Alright, whatever you may think of the idea, the exam is nigh and I thought maybe it would be an idea to try speaking oral stuff with some other willing people on msn or something to get the french flowing and have more opportunities to try thinking in French.

Que pensez-vous?

C'est un bon idee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Que pensez-vous?

Oui, je suis d'accord avec vous. Mon examen orale sera mercredi, vers douze heures. Je voudrais avoir l'occasion de parler la francais avant ca! :D

....please correct anything ive said wrong, its late :o

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

C'est un bon idee.
    'une bonne idée' :P
    Oui, je suis d'accord avec vous. Mon examen orale sera mercredi, vers douze heures. Je voudrais avoir l'occasion de parler la francais avant ca! biggrin.gif

Je pense que c'est parfait sauf 'le francais', mais, probablement, j'ai fait quelque chose mal.

Quel est votre média preféré?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Quelle bonne idee! Je t'envoyerai mon MSN dans un message privee.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Mon MSN est public.

An IRC channel, yeah maybe. The main problem is though, setting it up and everyone sorting out some sort of client. Maybe I'm a little out of the loop, but do many have them?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

je ne recois pas les temps quand mes examens commencera

C'est bientot, soit la semaine prochaine ou la semaine aprés ca. Je ne recois mon temps exactement, juste l'ordre d'étudiants.

I'm having a go at the IRC thing, but I don't really know how to create a channel. I'm on IRCNet with Chatzilla.
    If anyone's still up for this on MSN or Gmail or something, give us a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

By the way a group of peers, 17/18 need not be so formal (in fact is a bit weird) speaking with each other! Move to tu!

Although, I guess maybe its better to keep everything formal as you are preparing for a talk with an examiner...

• Advertisement

By the way a group of peers, 17/18 need not be so formal (in fact is a bit weird) speaking with each other! Move to tu!

Although, I guess maybe its better to keep everything formal as you are preparing for a talk with an examiner...
    Pense-tu que nous devrions tutoyer?

Well, IRC is set up, now it's all a matter of user preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

i added you, though im a failed honours student so wouldn't be expecting amazing things:D

Do you mean as in tv, radio, etc? We havnt prepared anything like that :(

What does this mean? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

C'est bientot, soit la semaine prochaine ou la semaine aprés ca. Je ne recois mon temps exactement, juste l'ordre d'étudiants.

I'm having a go at the IRC thing, but I don't really know how to create a channel. I'm on IRCNet with Chatzilla.

Mon examen est le trente et un mars. je serai pres le premiere collegiene.
    Il serait tres bon parce-que j'ai etudie (I have studied... Is that how you say it?) tres dur.

Mon examen en Gaelique est lundi prochaine. Il serai tres ennuyeux, tres mauvais et lamentable. Je deteste le gaelique, c'est ma bete noir. Il est inutile parce-que je ne l'utiliserai jamais apres l'ecole. Heuresment, mon prof est genial.

:D

www.transalte.google.com

You spelt it wrong. :P
    What does this mean? redface.gif

It's one of those French only verbs. It means roughly 'to refer to someone with tu instead of vous'.

Yup i sent you my msn...if you wanted to get a few people talking together couldnt you start a conversation with 1 person and then invite other people into it? :P

Yup i sent you my msn...if you wanted to get a few people talking together couldnt you start a conversation with 1 person and then invite other people into it?

Yeah, I think so. Also, what I meant by the media thing was whic did you prefer, MSN, IRC etc. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Well, IRC is set up, now it's all a matter of user preference.

Oui.

Pense-tu que nous devrions nous tutoyer

tutoyer is reflexive...

Honestly speaking, look at the English written and then the French, your French should be in the same tone as your English, seeing as the English on boards is quite informal, so should the French. To use tu is more inclusive and friendly, whereas vous in this context could be seen as more a closed distant feeling deliberately treating the people at a distance even though you are in the same community and 'children' (to use the term loosely).

Merci. Je ne le sais pas. ( I think that's right)

Well, everyone is trying to set themselves up for a semi-formally spoken exam, so for the moment it could be better to speak the way we were speaking.
    Sadly, the French Oral doesn't prepare you specifically for someone going to live in France as much as it prepares you for an interrogation, in which your responses are heavily opinionated adjective-laden statements which, if a real French person heard them, would be greeted with some strange looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

enda1 wrote: »
    Oui.

I would have thought "nous devrions se tutoyer"

Je pense que je dois faire plus d'étude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

'une bonne idée' :P

Je pense que c'est parfait sauf 'le francais', mais, probablement, j'ai fait quelque chose mal.

Good I was just testing you :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 benjyboo

il y a quelques années,si vous avez sali dans votre orale...elle rembobinerait la cassette pour donner à l'étudiant une autre chance pour dire quelque chose!

j'espère qu'elle vient cette fois!!!!:eek::(

...pardonnez mon français...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Eh bien, mes amis, j'aurai un examen oral a l'universite en deux semaines et je suis tres fooked! Je suis en premiere annee et je ne dis pas le francais pour des mois.

Ca va si j'engage avec vous?? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 CallMeDoctor

je souhaite que j'ai parle le francais avec le couramment comme pas mal de mes copains parce que il voudrait un facile A1 :).
    Mais malhereusement, aujourd'hui je suis un clochard car m'epreuve oral sera lundi :eek: Mon Dieu .

Si vous souhaitez parler francais avec les autres, vous abouchez avec les gens qui a exprimé leur interet. (Via PM etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 CallMeDoctor

oui bien sur, cette est une bonne idee mais je ne connais personne qui parler 'via' pm en francais.

• Advertisement

What I meant was send the people who've expressed interest in speaking french in this thread a private message, so that you could get their details to talk on MSN or something like that. For example, my msn is on my contact details page.

Advertisement