Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mothers Day

Options
  • 18-03-2009 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

Any amazing ideas on how to treat my Mammy? What are you lot doing? We'll probably end up having a big dinner here but any other ideas would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Any amazing ideas on how to treat my Mammy? What are you lot doing? We'll probably end up having a big dinner here but any other ideas would be great.

I have a husband who doesn't believe in all them special days...... I'm busy brainwashing the wee man so not long now till I get the box of chocs and a card! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I think dinner is nice, maybe some flowers if she likes that sort of thing. (My mother in law wouldn't be impressed, so I'm screwed)

...I have until May to figure out a gift for my mom (Canadian Mother's day is later)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Mrs.T wrote: »
    I have a husband who doesn't believe in all them special days...... I'm busy brainwashing the wee man so not long now till I get the box of chocs and a card! :D

*whispers*

You're like, 8 months pregnant. You're hormonal. You can throw a flying crying fit that you want chocolates and he can't blame you. You don't even have to wait for mother's day. In fact, may I suggest doing so every few days.

(God Help Mr Xiney when I'm knocked up... shall be milking it for all it's worth.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Gosh if the weather stays as good a picnic might be good. A boat trip might be nice, on Lough Gill or Forest Park. Dunno whetehr the boat trips run on a Sunday though, would need to check.
    I have been getting away with hiding behind the home made card for granny and chocolates from me, or making a cake or something, but probably need to up it a bit meself. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

The last time I was in Sligo I went to a restaurant called Montmartre (sp?) up at the top of the town. I can definitely recommend it (well that or bring her out for ten pints and a four lanterns ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I see. Well I am glad you have shared this with the team. Worry no more. We are on the case. (Be afraid Mr T, be very afraid..)
    tuppence wrote: »
    Gosh if the weather stays as good a picnic might be good. A boat trip might be nice, on Lough Gill or Forest Park. Dunno whetehr the boat trips run on a Sunday though, would need to check.
    I have been getting away with hiding behind the home made card for granny and chocolates from me, or making a cake or something, but probably need to up it a bit meself. :rolleyes:

Mum would love that Tuppence but its not driving (sob) thats the problem. Maybe if I took her out the front and sat in the car for a picnic...? :D

waraf wrote: »
    The last time I was in Sligo I went to a restaurant called Montmartre (sp?) up at the top of the town. I can definitely recommend it (well that or bring her out for ten pints and a four lanterns ;))

My dear Mother would faint at the thought of 10 pints and a 4 lights! And Montmartre would have her doing mental calculations of how much food she could get for the price of the meal if we "shopped around". :D

If the weather stays as glorious as today, we could dust off the old barbie and stay home. As long as shes got her grandkids around shes a happy granny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

oh is that right?! I'll need to have a chat with the wee man!

*hiding from sue*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

*hiding from sue*

:D

My work here is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Heard on the radio the esult of a survey in UK.

When asked what they would like for mother's day ...... what topped the poll findings?

.... A day away from the husband and kids!!

Awww, I got my first Mother's Day Card and a plant from our wee man (from the playschool, Mr.T hasn't changed his mind about the whole thing). Let's just hope I can keep it alive :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

My mother got a card today in the post with a €50 voucher in it and it says Happy Mothers Day,I don't have any brothers or sisters so I'm wondering who sent it to her:confused:

bobcar61 wrote: »
    My mother got a card today in the post with a €50 voucher in it and it says Happy Mothers Day,I don't have any brothers or sisters so I'm wondering who sent it to her:confused:

I was meant to put my address on that - darn! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

bobcar61 wrote: »

Since I've moved here that doesn't surprise me. A friend of my mums turned up one year with a massive bouquet and a mother's day card...they are just friends.
    So maybe it's a friend of your mums.

Advertisement