Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baffled by Bathroom

Options
  • 18-03-2009 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

I noticed this evening that the "hot/cold" button on my bathroom sink tap is missing, gone, poof vanished. I would have thought that the trap under the plug would have caught it but it wasn't there. So I scoured the bathroom and no sign of it.

Its one of those taps you lift up and then turn left/right for hot/cold. Would anyone know is it at all possible to replace just the button and how would I go about it ? Its probably a very long shot, and I know its not much in the grand scheme of things, but at the moment there is a rather unattractive gaping hole where the button was, so it would be nice to replace it. Or even a different button wouldn't bother me.

I'm completely baffled - I took out the button in the downstairs loo to see what I was dealing with and it would be pretty difficult for it to fall straight down the plughole. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭builditwell

Hi Maisy,

Have you checked the trap just in case it might be there, failing that it is pretty difficult to get one of these. possibly a trip to some bathroom showrooms and maybe a nice word with one of the staff might "relieve" a display model of some of its hardware.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

As said before, check the trap but be ready for some water to spill out when doing so.
    If not in there then, it may have been washed all the way through in to the larger waste pipes or maybe a dog / child swallowed it by accident..

We are thinking about changing our tap so can let you know when done so if you can't source one from somewhere..
    (bit of the blue has come away)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

Thanks very much folks, I was putting off trying the trap coz I have to contort myself to get to it, and it seems to need the strength of ten men to turn ! But I'll give it a go.

In my last place one of my nephews took the button off and it went down the sink - the builders were still on site and I managed to sweet talk the foreman into "procuring" a button for me, so you never know buildit !

I did indeed think that maybe one of the dogs took a fancy to it if it fell off onto the floor, they have swallowed worse, maybe it will take a stick and a bit of poo poking.....only joking, not that desperate... I think !

Thanks WW for the tap tip:)

Advertisement