Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help understanding Vodafone data add-on

• 18-03-2009 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

On a pay monthly plan. Bought an unlocked Blackberry curve on Ebay. Want to add an add-on to my account to allow use of the Blackberry.

I see on the Vodafone site that the 'mobile internet' add on is 10 Eur per month. I'm presuming this is all I need to use the Blackberry. What isn't clear is whether this is a the only charge up to 500MB. It says 'Usage is charged at 0.5c up to 99c or 168KB of usage '. Not very clear! Is this over and above the 10 EUR per month, or only when you go over the 500MB?

For anyone using a Blackberry on a Vodafone pay-monthly account, is your monthly bill sky high with moderate usage?

Is there a better option than Vodafone for this type of usage?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'd have thought you'd need to have Blackberry enabled on your account to use Blackberry?

As for the cost of the addon above, it's €5 / MB outside your bundle according to this page
    http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/addons/

I would ASSUME "Usage is charged at 0.5c up to 99c or 168KB of usage" relates to usage if you don't have a bundle but it's a bit confusing. It seems to refer to the Vodafone Live pricing for 99c / Day but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Random wrote: »
    I'd have thought you'd need to have Blackberry enabled on your account to use Blackberry?

As for the cost of the addon above, it's €5 / MB outside your bundle according to this page
    http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/addons/

I would ASSUME "Usage is charged at 0.5c up to 99c or 168KB of usage" relates to usage if you don't have a bundle but it's a bit confusing. It seems to refer to the Vodafone Live pricing for 99c / Day but I'm not sure.

You're right, you would.

OP, the best bet is for you to do is ring Vodafone's Data Support team on 1850 287000, advise them you have an unlocked Blackberry and you're looking to use it on the Vodafone network. They should be able to advise you of your options.

Advertisement